Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I’m glad it opened when it did ... because I got to ride it! If they held off I might not have had the chance to.

Last edited:
Today around 5 PM posted wait time was 90 minutes, actual was 30 minutes. Ride was running great, except Hagrid’s lips were not moving and no Skewert smell was not there. Unicorns seemed fixed. First Fluffy head on b mode.

Entered the ride at 140 pm today (posted wait time was 180 minutes). Made it to the indoor part of the queue in 60 minutes. Posted wait time was reduced to 150 minutes at that point. It was another 45 minutes to board, so total wait time was 105 minutes. Ride was closed due to capacity while we were in line at 3 pm. The line in the morning started out at 240 minutes. The ride was stopped at around noon time for a brief period of time. Thanks to everyone who has posted about wait times. It was immensely helpful to know what to expect, and I think we ended up timing it pretty well all things considered.

Entered the queue at 1050 am. Posted wait was 150 minutes. Boarded the ride 74 minutes later. Noticed the staff was cleaning up the car (presumably due to someone experiencing motion sickness), so that is also a source of delay.

Entered the queue at 1050 am. Posted wait was 150 minutes. Boarded the ride 74 minutes later. Noticed the staff was cleaning up the car (presumably due to someone experiencing motion sickness), so that is also a source of delay.
That's not bad considering FJ & Gringotts has lines just about as long today, during a busy holiday weekend at both Universal & WDW.

Gave it another go today, entered at 2.15 seemed to have a slight delay once we hit the caves but no announcement.

Total wait including ride time was 85 minutes, posted wait was 100.

It also hit capacity at around 3.

Our last day today so we had to go for one more attempt and it was an interesting one!

100 minutes posted wait 65 minutes actual wait.

First ride the whole train had no audio at all resulting in a slightly odd run (after expecting the audio).

They got us straight back on the ride via the family room and for about a total of 70 minutes waiting we rode twice!

Hagrids lips not moving and no smoke from any skrewts (hut and drop).

Yea, shouldn't have opened in June. But it's fine (not ideal, but fine) now, and I'm certainly glad it's open and not delayed for months.

From what I've gathered from the threads:
1) Ride doesn't always open on time
2) Ride has semi-frequent delays
3) Ride often closes early
4) Animatronics are frequently not working
5) Audio is sometimes not working

That to me....is not fine.

From what I've gathered from the threads:
1) Ride doesn't always open on time
2) Ride has semi-frequent delays
3) Ride often closes early
4) Animatronics are frequently not working
5) Audio is sometimes not working

That to me....is not fine.
That’s all true. But we’re also watching this ride like a hawk more than any others right now. I had no audio on Fast and Furious the other day, things like that just happen sometimes.

As for number 4, really hoping they install the rumored replacements soon.

From my understanding the audio issues for the ride seem newish. I never really heard anything about audio not working until the extended down time a few weeks ago, in which I experienced the audio cut out.

I am heading up to the parks on Sat. I know bad weather (thunderstorms) keep Hagrids closed but what about just rain? I saw it is going to storm all day on Sat.