Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
just so it's dry Nov. 13 thru 23rd. It could rain every day until then if you really need it. :lol: We had two heavy rain days in Sept, the first and 30th, so heavy it set records for the month. But every other Sept. day in our area of Pgh. was dry and mostly sunny with high temps. Best September EVER. No Fall foliage up here yet. Alene and friends were up Chautauqua and Kinzua over the weekend, which is upper state NY and very northern Pa. Absolutely no leaf change even up there. Now that's super rare for first weekend in October that far north. Strange year of weather.
Not getting too off topic, but no foliage in Maine yet really either. I noticed the same in New Hampshire when visiting my parents. Usually fall drives through NH are the best with foliage but not this year :(

Anyways, hope the weather is improving for peoples vacations this week.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It opened with the park today I believe, and it looks like it's rainy down there, which will affect the night's availability. There's a reason they say get in line before 3.
It’s still not acceptable. As a paying guest, you expect all rides will be open until park close as has always been the norm.

If this was Disney having this issue, you’d be all over them about it.

It’s still not acceptable. As a paying guest, you expect all rides will be open until park close as has always been the norm.

If this was Disney having this issue, you’d be all over them about it.

I don’t disagree it sucks. there’s just nothing to be done about it.

And it is happening at Disney. In Star Wars Land. Where a ride is months overdue. But it is what it is. Nothing I or anyone else can do about it.

I just wonder are they still striving to getting this thing to perform for a whole park day or will this always be a half day attraction?

I just wonder are they still striving to getting this thing to perform for a whole park day or will this always be a half day attraction?

It’s running at least 8 hours a day so how is it half a day? I mean yes it’s closing early but this is some weird under estimating.

I think in a year we’ll all look back and go “hey remember when Hagrid had 6 hour waits and was open 11am-7pm?”

I don’t disagree it sucks. there’s just nothing to be done about it.
Agree 100%. It sucks, but it is what it is. And as I've said 10 times, I'd rather it open at park close and close the lines at 3-4pm then be sporadic all day with no idea of an opening or closing time.

And it is happening at Disney. In Star Wars Land. Where a ride is months overdue.
And Disagree 100%. This is apples and oranges. Delaying the opening of a ride is vastly different than what's going on at Hagrid's. This thing wasn't even close to being ready for grand opening in June.

And to counter the "it was close, it just experienced an unexpected issue" rebuttal from others; that's why you test.

Last edited:
Sorry it was open yesterday for approx 7 hours and closed for 4 hours... I guess that's not quite half but I stand by my statement.

Agree 100%. It sucks, but it is what it is. And as I've said 10 times, I'd rather it open at park close and close the lines at 3-4pm then be sporadic all day with no idea of an opening or closing time.

And Disagree 100%. This is apples and oranges. Delaying the opening of a ride is vastly different than what's going on at Hagrid's. This thing wasn't even close to being ready for grand opening in June.

And to counter the "it was close, it just experienced an unexpected issue" rebuttal from others; that's why you test.

By that rationale the thing still shouldn’t be open. I’ll take the best ride I’ve ever been on open for 7-8 hours than closed for testing because they can’t get it running 100%.

Reactions: MartyMcFly
By that rationale the thing still shouldn’t be open. I’ll take the best ride I’ve ever been on open for 7-8 hours than closed for testing because they can’t get it running 100%.

I didn't say that. In fact, I said "I'd rather it open at park close and close the lines at 3-4pm then be sporadic all day with no idea of an opening or closing time."

I flippin' love this ride. It's amazing. My issue is the rush to defend it. To be completely impartial here: If anyone rightfully criticizes this ride and it's operational issues, either yourself sometimes, but especially @Joe respond to it in a defensive manner. You, at least have the "it is what it is" observation, which I agree with as that's my position too. But there's something in both of you that sees criticism and has to respond to it. You guys can't control yourself. And that's weird.

Just let people crap all over the operations of this ride if they want to. There's no need to respond and defend to them crapping on the reliability, because it deserves it.

I didn't say that. In fact, I said "I'd rather it open at park close and close the lines at 3-4pm then be sporadic all day with no idea of an opening or closing time."

I flippin' love this ride. It's amazing. My issue is the rush to defend it. To be completely impartial here: If anyone rightfully criticizes this ride and it's operational issues, either yourself or @Joe respond to it in a defensive manner. There's something in both of you that sees criticism and has to respond to it. You guys can't control yourself. And that's weird.

Just let people crap all over the operations of this ride if they want to. There's no need to respond and defend to them crapping on the reliability, because it deserves it.

And it’s weird how whenever I post something you don’t like you go on a huge diatribe about it. Just let people post what they want to post. There’s no need to respond every time I say something you don’t like. There’s something in you that sees a different opinion on something and *has* to respond to it. You can’t control yourself. And that’s weird.

Excellent... I'm not in the parks, but just from what I see online it seems like the they are treating it like an old hoopty you got for free from your grandpa... Where it can only handle so many miles a day before it stalls out on you and you cross your fingers that you get to your destination before the engine starts smoking.

I'm glad to hear that is not the case.

Sorry not trying to cause drama.