Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seems to be moving well. I'm in line posted was 150 looks like it will be closer to 60 unless it goes down. Doesn't look like they closed the line off at 3 like the app said.

I just spoke to one of the attendants outside the attraction and he said that if we wanted to ride he’d suggest we get in line before 6pm at the latest...

Less movement...lips do not move.

Saw that on Saturday; yesterday the AA was fully operational.

Insane lines today, a random Monday in October. Rest of park is walk on, line starts in Lost Continent with full indoor, outdoor, and extended queue in Hogsmeade.

I’ve been hearing they’ve been operating 7 to 8 trains reliably with a goal of 10 by the end of the year. 12 is the designed amount but is probably unattainable unless modifications are made.

Saw that on Saturday; yesterday the AA was fully operational.

Insane lines today, a random Monday in October. Rest of park is walk on, line starts in Lost Continent with full indoor, outdoor, and extended queue in Hogsmeade.

I’ve been hearing they’ve been operating 7 to 8 trains reliably with a goal of 10 by the end of the year. 12 is the designed amount but is probably unattainable unless modifications are made.
11 is the new final goal from what I have heard. But yes, 7 reliably and 8 tops so far.

I didn't count how many trains were run 2-3 weeks ago, but if this thing had 7 or 8 trains running then, adding 3 more would be incredible for capacity.

11 is the new final goal from what I have heard. But yes, 7 reliably and 8 tops so far.

Any chance you could elaborate on why things struggle when they start adding more trains? Also what have they don’t to get to the point where 7-8 trains is running reliably now. Is it team members being more efficient on getting people in the trains?

Can I ask a stupid question... Why don't they just start the day with 11 trains? It seems strange to gradually add trains throughout the day.

Reactions: MartyMcFly
Can I ask a stupid question... Why don't they just start the day with 11 trains? It seems strange to gradually add trains throughout the day.
Would guess it’s because it causes more issue with more trains. If you start with the max then you’re going down immediately.

Reactions: jrn14
Any chance you could elaborate on why things struggle when they start adding more trains? Also what have they don’t to get to the point where 7-8 trains is running reliably now. Is it team members being more efficient on getting people in the trains?
Both technical tweaks and operational practice/changes must occur to get used to having more trains on. It’s like practicing for a complex ballet. Everything must be coordinated perfectly. And that includes the technical aspects as well as the operational ones.

I had just made it inside the building when the ride shut down due to the weather today. I wonder if it ever opened back up. I left when the rain let up a bit as radar looked like another band was right behind it. I was one of the very few that left. Everyone else looked they were in it for the long haul.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Bad for Hagrid is good for my yard. It has been very dry the last couple of months and this is going into the dry season.
just so it's dry Nov. 13 thru 23rd. It could rain every day until then if you really need it. :lol: We had two heavy rain days in Sept, the first and 30th, so heavy it set records for the month. But every other Sept. day in our area of Pgh. was dry and mostly sunny with high temps. Best September EVER. No Fall foliage up here yet. Alene and friends were up Chautauqua and Kinzua over the weekend, which is upper state NY and very northern Pa. Absolutely no leaf change even up there. Now that's super rare for first weekend in October that far north. Strange year of weather.

Last edited:
I’m writing a blog post for Touring Plans on Hagrid uptime and hours, does anyone have a photo they’ve taken of the “Hagrid is closing early” sign? Thanks!