Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

By the way, for my fellow sleuths out there, I believe this information to be correct.

These two hotels are P912 and P913. (The in-park hotel is P910.)

Their new parcel IDs are 06-24-29-0000-00-016 for the left one, also known as "Parcel L," and 06-24-29-0000-00-015 for the one on the right, aka "Parcel H".

These two, and the one in the park, are the only three hotels that are currently in active development for the southern property at this time... as far as I know.

EDIT: In-park hotel (P910) is Parcel J: 31-23-29-0000-010

View attachment 11664
I'm curious about parcel N. Anyone know anything about this section?

This is essentially where the parking garages went for site A, which is peaking my curiosity.

You can clearly see drainage that had been added that will go directly into the retention ponds, the sheer amount of dirt that had been added to the site to cover said drainage and elevate the site is staggering. How yall enjoy the photos.
Best & most ground level view photos we've had for a good while. :thumbsup: and yes, the amount of dirt brought into the site is amazing, may I say, EPIC......and Mark @UK-Trigg flies back to England tomorrow after a month and change vacation in Orlando.The photos are a nice departing gift from Mark to his IU friends.

Last edited:
Driving by there feels surreal because the amount of cleared land is incredible. Very cool seeing the berm going up in those photos from ground level.

Last edited:
So took a little trip over to the EPIC site and grabbed a few shots from Destination PKWY

[url=https://ibb.co/KKVvFSr]
[/URL]

More to follow

one more batch to follow

These are the kind of photos you need to really get a sense of scale that we're dealing with.

You can look at it on Google Earth, you can see aerialsfrom Bio but they never really capture what you're going to see.

These are the kind of photos you need to really get a sense of scale that we're dealing with.

You can look at it on Google Earth, you can see aerialsfrom Bio but they never really capture what you're going to see.

Very true, the site is vast.

Can anyone show/explain what we will be going where in accordance to the shots? Was trying to figure it out whilst I was there.

The area along Destination Parkway and that retention pond will be the parking lot I believe. The park itself is the area beyond, and the area along the berm with the bamboo abutting the apartments I think is the hotel sites.

There's a really good flyover drone video on YouTube that was posted about a week ago. I don't have a way to link it but I think it will help everyone get a better idea of where things are in relation to each other and it shows the drainage and sewage work they're currently doing. If someone could post a link it would be appreciated. Thanks.

There's a really good flyover drone video on YouTube that was posted about a week ago. I don't have a way to link it but I think it will help everyone get a better idea of where things are in relation to each other and it shows the drainage and sewage work they're currently doing. If someone could post a link it would be appreciated. Thanks.
I believe that this guy's info about the hotel is incorrect. If he is correct that the hotel will be a Mandarin Oriental resort instead of Loews, it would be Universal's first 5 Star resort.

I believe that this guy's info about the hotel is incorrect. If he is correct that the hotel will be a Mandarin Oriental resort instead of Loews, it would be Universal's first 5 Star resort.

I thought he just said the NAME of the hotel would be the “Mandarin International”. Not too crazy considering the resort road was named Mandarin Drive in the plans.

Not anything I’ve heard though. Could just be a working title if true. I was still expecting it to be Loews.

Thanks for posting this. To be honest I wasn't even listening to what he was saying. I do think it's the best and most current look at the construction as of now though. I'll take what I can get. Thanks again.

I thought he just said the NAME of the hotel would be the “Mandarin International”. Not too crazy considering the resort road was named Mandarin Drive in the plans.

Not anything I’ve heard though. Could just be a working title if true. I was still expecting it to be Loews.
Pretty sure it will be a Loews hotel. I think it would be confusing to call it "Mandarin International" considering there is an existing hotel chain called Mandarin Oriental.

I'm curious, if anyone knows, when they install the bamboo this early, have they already installed irrigation in these areas? Or do they plan to get it established by using watering trucks? Or does bamboo not really need water for establishment? Not used to seeing plants installed at the beginning of such a large project.

Bamboo is a grass and it grows without much tending. I don't think they have irrigation up there, and I have a feeling the bamboo is relatively temporary, with a more lush and varied berm planting coming when that area is developed more fully. For now it's just to help screen the view.