Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

I expect Universal Studios to stay the event park for now. After the opening of Bourne there won't be a ton of changes because they are building a whole new resort down the road.
Expect a year before opening Fantastic Worlds to see some changes coming to Universal Studios. I think every "old" park will have something open to compete with Fantastic Worlds and give people a reason to come a whole week instead of a day to check out the new park.

I expect Universal Studios to stay the event park for now. After the opening of Bourne there won't be a ton of changes because they are building a whole new resort down the road.
Expect a year before opening Fantastic Worlds to see some changes coming to Universal Studios. I think every "old" park will have something open to compete with Fantastic Worlds and give people a reason to come a whole week instead of a day to check out the new park.

That's a long time to wait for USF to get some much-needed improvements.

Yea. Someday. Maybe. Probably not anytime soon though.

When they realize this park hasn’t gotten anything new since Bourne when Fantastic Worlds is opening years from now I could see it get slated for USF. Maybe.

It's going to be interesting seeing the future of IOA and USF in the build up to FW opening.It still feels like everything is in flux just now. It seems like every good idea is turning into a great idea and then getting reserved for the new park.

Nothing else is even rumored at this point, yeah?

Guess it depends what you mean by "at this point." VillainCon, SLOP, Pokemon have all been floated as candidates to receive attractions in USF.

And whether things are rumored or not, letting USF stagnate in its current shape for 4+ years doesn't sound appetizing, even with a new park being built.

That could explain why it’s been pushed back.

Why what's been pushed back?

Guess it depends what you mean by "at this point." VillainCon, SLOP, Pokemon have all been floated as candidates to receive attractions in USF.

And whether things are rumored or not, letting USF stagnate in its current shape for 4+ years doesn't sound appetizing, even with a new park being built.

Yeah, bit all that's in the "rumored to be being talked about" phase, right, not "rumored to actually be coming," right?

I don't think we have any indications that Universal actually knows what the next (post-Bourne) attraction coming to USF will be at this point.

My point is simply that I hope they're thinking intensely about it internally and we get some movement sooner rather than later.

So now that SLOP has finally been announced is Hollywood, any chance this will replace Shrek?
I think the more realistic thing to do, assuming Shrek is to be replaced at all, is to port the DreamWorks Theater in its place and then pop SLoP at Toon Lagoon where the amphitheater is, as many have said.

But then, why are we wanting everything from Hollywood to come here? I was listening to a podcast from the Orlando Sentinel a couple days ago, and they were talking about Cars Land and how everyone wants it ported to Orlando, but that doing so would take away from the uniqueness of both DL and WDW. Why would I go to this park on one coast if it has almost everything the other park on the other end has? I get that it's a Disney example, but the same logic applies.

I think the more realistic thing to do, assuming Shrek is to be replaced at all, is to port the DreamWorks Theater in its place and then pop SLoP at Toon Lagoon where the amphitheater is, as many have said.

But then, why are we wanting everything from Hollywood to come here? I was listening to a podcast from the Orlando Sentinel a couple days ago, and they were talking about Cars Land and how everyone wants it ported to Orlando, but that doing so would take away from the uniqueness of both DL and WDW. Why would I go to this park on one coast if it has almost everything the other park on the other end has? I get that it's a Disney example, but the same logic applies.
The percentage of tourists that visit both Orlando Universal & Hollywood Universal is so small that it has no bearing on attraction placement/cloning. It's a non issue in real terms.

But then, why are we wanting everything from Hollywood to come here?

I think it's less that people want SLOP, specifically on its own merits, to come to USF, and more that we'd just like to see a new dark ride (or several!) come to USF. And since SLOP is the most recent example of one of those that Universal has pursued, it's easy to just point at it and say bring it over here.

Cause most people are never going to go to California but want to ride those rides.

Look guys, Fant4stic Worlds is eating up so much of the budget over the next few years that i'd really expect nothing and be happily surprised if/when a new ride is announced (besides JP coaster) for the current resort before the new park opens. I mean, lets appreciate the fact that there's a wholly new park coming our way with a boatload of new rides all at once.