Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Here's a dumb question. One of our party is arriving at CBBR at noon on a Monday. The rest of us won't make it in till nearly midnight. Will the front desk be willing to hold our other three room keys so we won't have to wake up the early bird?

They should. I would call the hotel to confirm.

We're planning on staying on-site at CBBR for the first time in a couple of weeks and I had a couple first timer questions.
  1. How much is an Uber/taxi fare from CBBR to I-Drive and Disney?
  2. Which is the most convenient mode of public transport to WDW?
  3. How much are the resort parking fees and how are they payable?
As somebody who usually stays on I-Drive, trying to way up the benefits of staying on property.

We're planning on staying on-site at CBBR for the first time in a couple of weeks and I had a couple first timer questions.
  1. How much is an Uber/taxi fare from CBBR to I-Drive and Disney?
  2. Which is the most convenient mode of public transport to WDW?
  3. How much are the resort parking fees and how are they payable?
As somebody who usually stays on I-Drive, trying to way up the benefits of staying on property.

1. Taxi will run you $40 + tip at least...Uber will definitely be cheaper.
2. Uber. Orlando's transit system blows, Uber will pick you up at the lobby and drop you directly at your destination, limited waiting, cheap pricing.
3. CBBR charges $10 per day to park, you use your room key to enter and exit the garage/surface lot. The total parking charge will be billed to the credit card you used to book the room.

I am pretty sure the last time I was looking at staying here that parking has gone up to $12 at CBBR. I'm not 100% certain and it was $10 the last time I stayed there, but I am pretty sure I recall looking at late Sept this year I saw the parking rate at $12.

I am pretty sure the last time I was looking at staying here that parking has gone up to $12 at CBBR. I'm not 100% certain and it was $10 the last time I stayed there, but I am pretty sure I recall looking at late Sept this year I saw the parking rate at $12.
Yup, went up a few months back. Still a great deal though!

Apologies if this has been answered, but I couldn't find an answer when searching the threads. I have seen conflicting reports on whether you need to have a tube / floatie when using the lazy river. Most lazy rivers our family has visited, we just walk / float along without one. If they are required, we'll stop off before we arrive and buy pool noodles from Wal-Mart or a Dollar Store (something that takes up little space in the room).

Apologies if this has been answered, but I couldn't find an answer when searching the threads. I have seen conflicting reports on whether you need to have a tube / floatie when using the lazy river. Most lazy rivers our family has visited, we just walk / float along without one. If they are required, we'll stop off before we arrive and buy pool noodles from Wal-Mart or a Dollar Store (something that takes up little space in the room).

It is NOT required but they do not have any free to use. You either don't use a float or buy one.

This actually works well to keep the Lazy River from getting too crowded, which it probably would, if the floats were free. This was the first Lazy River I was truly able to relax on.

So now that they are adding 400 more rooms to Cabana what are they going to do about parking for all those new rooms? It is pretty tight as it is and parking over at one of the new parking garages over at Sapphire seems like it would be a hassle if staying at Cabana

I'm hoping for something 50's Tiki centered for the names to tie into Volcano Bay.

Absolutely. I think there's actually a lot of potential here if they really wanted to go the distance. Tiki decor, balconies, a rooftop tiki bar facing Volcano Bay, exclusive entrance into the park, etc. I doubt they'll take things that far (maybe the exclusive entrance), but it'd be nice. That'd be pure heaven for me.

So now that they are adding 400 more rooms to Cabana what are they going to do about parking for all those new rooms? It is pretty tight as it is and parking over at one of the new parking garages over at Sapphire seems like it would be a hassle if staying at Cabana

The towers shouldn't have a huge footprint. There should be enough space for additional parking around them.