CityWalk Expansion | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
Wow, for some reason when the first concept art for the new store was revealed I thought the globe part of the store was going to be some giant tv screen and the globe would be continuously turning...I honestly had no idea it was going to be a mural...kind of a let down...

I believe where that front paneling is located will be screens.

store.jpg

I could be completely wrong and they may just paint them. It's hard to tell in the concept art.

They do give off the impression of being LED bars seen here

15324063-stage-lights-with-led-design-in-the-background.jpg

but it may have been a last minute budget cut...or us just looking into it too much

From today:

977C422A-1787-4FEC-96BE-CC6BFD818F64.jpg

CF7B2F8C-3CDE-47E2-A209-8705149E4F6E.jpg

Im sorry but if you think this looks good youre Universal's version of a Pixie Dust snorter. The thing looks so cheap, and extremely out of place in the Citywalk, which they have been carefully turning into a very nice and modern-looking area with a classier feel. Its even worse when you compare it to the original concept art, which was nothing overly lavish or expensive-looking at all. Thats a real shame they're making downgrades already...hopefully the rest of the expansion is up to snuff (on the bright side, we went to Cold Stone the other day and it was delicious :p )

Im sorry but if you think this looks good youre Universal's version of a Pixie Dust snorter. The thing looks so cheap, and extremely out of place in the Citywalk, which they have been carefully turning into a very nice and modern-looking area with a classier feel. Its even worse when you compare it to the original concept art, which was nothing overly lavish or expensive-looking at all. Thats a real shame they're making downgrades already...hopefully the rest of the expansion is up to snuff (on the bright side, we went to Cold Stone the other day and it was delicious :p )

Forgive some of us for reserving judgment until it's finished. But please, tell us more about your high expectations for this classy hot dog joint.

Forgive some of us for reserving judgment until it's finished. But please, tell us more about your high expectations for this classy hot dog joint.

Youre right, its not finished yet and I shouldnt make any final judgments on it until then. However, it isnt unreasonable to expect something as simple as a hot dog place to match its surroundings, or even its concept art. Heck, the Dippin Dots cart currently has more swank than this thing. Hopefully it will turn out better than it currently looks, but as of now its tacky and seems out of place in an otherwise well-designed environment.

The Universal store should be opening on Sunday, and it appears as though Menchie's will be opening soon. The sign is up, they have their sign on the side of the movie theater, and TMs were there training today. It looks completely finished inside.

The Universal store should be opening on Sunday, and it appears as though Menchie's will be opening soon. The sign is up, they have their sign on the side of the movie theater, and TMs were there training today. It looks completely finished inside.

Awesome news!

According to @AmusementBuzz, a manager told him Menchie's was opening tomorrow. We'll see! I wish I could go this weekend, but I can't, so I'll have to wait... I'm dying to have a TrollWhip!! :lol:

Awesome news!

According to @AmusementBuzz, a manager told him Menchie's was opening tomorrow. We'll see! I wish I could go this weekend, but I can't, so I'll have to wait... I'm dying to have a TrollWhip!! :lol:

Tomorrow wouldn't surprise me at all, they looked completely ready to go, and if the sign is on the side of the movie theater, opening has to be close. I've never had Menchie's, so I'm looking forward to trying it.

Youre right, its not finished yet and I shouldnt make any final judgments on it until then. However, it isnt unreasonable to expect something as simple as a hot dog place to match its surroundings, or even its concept art. Heck, the Dippin Dots cart currently has more swank than this thing. Hopefully it will turn out better than it currently looks, but as of now its tacky and seems out of place in an otherwise well-designed environment.

Its been awhile since we "debated" :lol:

Most of it still is a construction zone to be fair :cheers:

Tomorrow wouldn't surprise me at all, they looked completely ready to go, and if the sign is on the side of the movie theater, opening has to be close. I've never had Menchie's, so I'm looking forward to trying it.

I'm a big fan of Menchies. They have a lot of great flavors and it's self serve. I'm hoping that have a huge topping bar.

I'm a big fan of Menchies. They have a lot of great flavors and it's self serve. I'm hoping that have a huge topping bar.

Same here! Lately I've been more into froyo than ice cream, so I'm really looking forward to Menchie's opening for a refreshing snack in this Florida heat. And I also love the variety and freedom you get with all the different toppings :cheers:

Menchie's and most Frozen Yogurt places change many of their flavors, if not all of them monthly, biweekly or in some cases weekly...the only constants are usually Vanilla, Chocolate and Original Tart. You may see the Dole Pineapple flavor even next week, and then it could disappear for a few weeks.

The complaining on Twitter about it is outrageous lol