Clueless Guests Quotes | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Clueless Guests Quotes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've gotten comments like this multiple times when closing the pool deck for lightning at the Swan and Dolphin (keep in mind we have multiple pools):

Me: The pool deck is closed due to lightning in the area.
Guest: Sooooo what about the other pool is that open?
Me: Unfortunately lightning is capable of striking any pool so they are all closed
Guest: Even the hot tubs?
Me: .......

:bonk:

While strolling through EPCOT...
A middle aged man turned to his wife and said, "later, let's go to disney."
His wife: "We are in disney."
The guy: "No we're not, where's the castle?"

I can't really blame the man, because I know a lot of old folk who refer to Magic Kingdom as simply "Disney".
But seriously, get with the times!

Not a guest quote, but something someone in America once said to me when we were visiting family in Fort Myers...

"Y'all got TV in Scotland?"

He was from Kentucky.:shrug:

I really just couldn't answer him. I just stared and blinked at him. My brain was trying to convince me he hadn't just asked that.:doh:

I also refrained from asking him the nationality of the inventor of the TV.:doh:

While I was working today, someone asked me where the poison ivy ride was. I really didn't know how to answer to that. She then proceeded to ask me where the carnival rides were...

Hey guys! I just got an interview at Universal!!! I'll be working this summer, so I'll be sure to provide you guys with as many guest quotes as possible from working in the parks!

I am laughing as I read through these! LOL...

One that I heard last December was this guy at Guest Services inside Islands of Adventure... Not sure if he was stupid or just a scammer...
He claimed that his ticket wouldn't let him get in Universal Studios park. The guy behind the counter says "well, you have a 1-day 1-park ticket and you are already inside a park"... the guest says "yes, I downgraded my ticket this morning... for universal studios".... mind you, this was already after lunch... they offered him the option to upgrade the ticket back again to a 2-park ticket and he refused saying he wouldn't pay more... even though he had already spent the day at IOA... LOL