Clueless Guests Quotes | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Clueless Guests Quotes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wear a Mickey shirt at HHN....... strategy being that maybe it will make me a target......

It does. As do glow sticks, glow in the dark shirts, HOS merch, and any theme park community attire. Things that don't help you get scares are the stupid blinky things.

Guest: What do you mean fast pass doesn't cost anything? I had to pay over at Universal Studios.
Me: Universal Studios is a completely different company. They charge for their fast passes.
Guest: But if everyone here uses the fast pass, I'm pretty much screwed.

Guest: It's raining. Do I get some kind of discount? I am came earlier in the day and it was pouring. All I wanted to do was get my free ticket for my birthday and go into the park. I know it says that I have to use the ticket today but can't I come back a different day and use my ticket?

Universal has taken it upon themselves to help educate some of the guests we talk about here.
UniversalDisney.jpg

UniversalDisney2.jpg

Reactions: Brian G.
Honestly how could anyone over the age of 5 not know that Disney and universal are different places?

And I said the poncho thing because it's always funny to people in Disney stuff at universal

Today in front of the stadium for Believe at SeaWorld, I was asked where is the Rip, Ride, Rockit, and where is the Sheikra. What the hell does this come from?

Also I got this interesting conversation from a foreign guest in line for Believe:

Guest: Is this where the line starts?
Me: No the line for you starts at the back, I've seen you try to cut me for the past 15 minutes.
Guest: I did nothing of sort.
Me: You pushed me, and then proceeded to say "I need to be in this spot, my family is up there."
Guest: I have no time for smart boy.

:rotfl:

Today in front of the stadium for Believe at SeaWorld, I was asked where is the Rip, Ride, Rockit, and where is the Sheikra. What the hell does this come from?

Also I got this interesting conversation from a foreign guest in line for Believe:

Guest: Is this where the line starts?
Me: No the line for you starts at the back, I've seen you try to cut me for the past 15 minutes.
Guest: I did nothing of sort.
Me: You pushed me, and then proceeded to say "I need to be in this spot, my family is up there."
Guest: I have no time for smart boy.

:rotfl:

Maybe the one guest thought you would know what other FL parks the coasters would be located in? Just a thought. I have had that happen.

Also. For anyone who ever has trouble with "I need to get up there to reach my family. Just do what I do because the simple solution is to tell them. "Then let that family member(s) come back to you!"

At IoA a few days ago, while standing in line for Cat in the Hat, there was a family behind us and the wife was arguing with the husband about whether Grinchmas was a year-around show. He was saying how it was impressive how they set up Grinchmas just for the holidays like that. She says "No, it's like that all year". He says "No, I'm pretty sure they do this special for the holidays". She says "Of course it's there all year! This whole are is Dr. Seuss! Grinch is Dr. Seuss! Without Grinch, what would they do with the whole area the rest of the year?!" So he says "Well who would want to see a Christmas show in August?" And she puts the stamp on the conversation by saying "Well that's what I'm saying. It's stupid of them to have a Christmas show year-around! You should only see the Grinch at Christmas!"

At IoA a few days ago, while standing in line for Cat in the Hat, there was a family behind us and the wife was arguing with the husband about whether Grinchmas was a year-around show. He was saying how it was impressive how they set up Grinchmas just for the holidays like that. She says "No, it's like that all year". He says "No, I'm pretty sure they do this special for the holidays". She says "Of course it's there all year! This whole are is Dr. Seuss! Grinch is Dr. Seuss! Without Grinch, what would they do with the whole area the rest of the year?!" So he says "Well who would want to see a Christmas show in August?" And she puts the stamp on the conversation by saying "Well that's what I'm saying. It's stupid of them to have a Christmas show year-around! You should only see the Grinch at Christmas!"

rofl_waffle_by_chunkbucket.jpg

Yesterday at Universal and Islands of Adventure, I heard two dumb quotes:

1) "How long is 180 minutes?"

2) "Why is Hogwarts so close to Jurassic Park?"

At Disney Quest yesterday:

1. I'm hungry, when we are done here let's walk over and eat at Margaritaville.
2. In line for Pirates of the Carribean (50 min wait). "I told you we should have fast passed this one, oh well, we can fastpass the space mountain one."
3. Outside DQ, "Is this included with the Cirque Du Soleil show?"

Do these people do any research at all before they go spending thousands on a vacation? Wow. :lol:

None of these happened at a theme park, but working at a putt-putt golf company is pretty amusing.

Story #1
There is a main ticket booth at the complex. There is a short main path that nearly every guest uses to get to the booth, unless they parked far away. Beside this path is a sign that clearly displayed all prices. In addition, on either side of the ticket window is the exact same sign. I even saw some people look at the sign before asking. But, wouldn't you know it, at least three times a day I would have to answer "How much is it to play golf?"

Story #2
Customer: "Which course is better?"
Me (saying what we are required to say): "Neither course is better. They are both 18-holes, par 42, and you can see all the animals (statues) from either."
Customer: "...So which course is longer?"

Story #3
Customer: "We just got done playing golf and we noticed you let children six and under play free. Our daughter is six and y'all made us pay. We want a refund."
Me: "Actually, our policy is children under six play free."
Customer: "Yeah, what I said. Six."
(This also happened on numerous occasions, one time even resulting in a grown couple screaming at the manager and 'loitering' around the ticket booth for about two hours)

Story #4
Being the theme park geek I am, I really appreciate parks that go above and beyond in theming and landscaping. This golf course was no exception. It's a beautiful course, and I get offended when punk kids violate it. This particular group was whacking the foliage with their clubs. Later on, I saw the same kids walking through our life-size Gran Maze.
Customer: "Hey man, we're lost. How do we get to the blue tower (referring to Samoa, one of the four tropically-named checkpoints)?"
I totally pointed them out to the longest dead end in the course. Takes about twenty minutes to realize and return.

Story #5
Customer: "Two games of golf for me and my girlfriend. How much is it going to be?"
Me: "Well, it's actually cheaper if I give you the unlimited pass, which is good for everything on the complex until five o'clock tomorrow."
Customer: "Nah, we don't want to play that much. Just two games of golf for the two of us."
Me: "...Alright."

Last edited: