Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see the way the question was worded is that they're trying to figure out two answers:

1. When people are prepared to return to the parks. If you think you won't feel safe until September and they say June, you would say 3 months. If they ask July, you say 2 months and so on.
  2. How long people are prepared to wait to visit after the parks reopen. There is definitely going to be a wait and see attitude that people will have. If you're not sure about visiting, waiting a couple of months to see how it plays out may calm a lot of people's fears about risking a trip.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Apropos of nothing -- is there really a 15-minute test COVID test that could be administered by laymen out there? For that matter, is there an easy way to check different make and model cell phones' GPS data in a reasonable time frame (say < 1 minute)?
For the second part... If you opt in to tracking, yes. That's how Google Maps creates its traffic layer. Phones tracked going 5MPH on the interstate = red line.

So feasible, yes. But Google can create that traffic layer even if 80-90% of phones opt out. That kinda opt out rate would pretty much ruin the value of contact tracing.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It's been 4 months and they're at reduced capacity. I think SHDL will be fine too, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Also, no one said the parks weren't going to be "fine" after this. They'll make it through, but it will be rough for a little bit.
I just think Disneyland should be fine...WDW is a different story its 4 parks, more hotels and 2 water parks. But over here I doubt Disney will have much trouble being filled everyday until we go back to 100 Percent think Universal and even Six Flags on weekends wont have much issue either.

Its China so its not 1 for 1...but think people will risk it and go to theme parks the first day they can get there.

Reactions: Andysol
I just think Disneyland should be fine...WDW is a different story its 4 parks, more hotels and 2 water parks. But over here I doubt Disney will have much trouble being filled everyday until we go back to 100 Percent think Universal and even Six Flags on weekends wont have much issue either.

Its China so its not 1 for 1...but think people will risk it and go to theme parks the first day they can get there.
If Disneyland opens and is forced to be at something like 25% capacity, then yeah, it'll be "filled". Other than that, you're way overestimating things. Locals like to pretend otherwise, but Disneyland does need tourism. They couldn't survive on locals alone.

If Disneyland opens and is forced to be at something like 25% capacity, then yeah, it'll be "filled". Other than that, you're way overestimating things. Locals like to pretend otherwise, but Disneyland does need tourism. They couldn't survive on locals alone.
That will make it interesting for sure to see how big the AP population really is

If it seems safe and hotels are super cheap...heck I might an AP again because if it is low then its a win for the locals (short term)

I have 2 days left on a Disney Discover ticket, so I'm anxious to return to the parks as well. If the 25% capacity means I'll have a relatively easy and relaxing day at DHS, then I'll definitely be there soon. Especially if it means I can score a RotR boarding pass without worry ahead of my first visit to Galaxy's Edge. Gonna aim for two weeks after reopening day to gauge how everything is running and whether or not to push it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.