Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apropos of nothing -- is there really a 15-minute test COVID test that could be administered by laymen out there? For that matter, is there an easy way to check different make and model cell phones' GPS data in a reasonable time frame (say < 1 minute)?

How themed do you think the food will be in the Non Wizarding World lands? I’ll be a little bummed if frankenstein’s quick service is just more burgers

Reactions: Grabnar
Sweet Tomatoes (Souplantation in other parts of the country) permanently shutting down. Tangentially related to theme parks as it had three well-regarded outlets around Mouse Town.

But ... discussing with an in-the-industry friend, he said this is just the start of it. Expect buffets to be pulled from the parks/resorts as well.

Reactions: Andysol
Sweet Tomatoes (Souplantation in other parts of the country) permanently shutting down. Tangentially related to theme parks as it had three well-regarded outlets around Mouse Town.

But ... discussing with an in-the-industry friend, he said this is just the start of it. Expect buffets to be pulled from the parks/resorts as well.
Horrible for the employees, and I know a few people who loves those places.

when it comes to the parks, I can’t be all that said if buffets go away. But I will miss the toppings bar at Pecos Bill’s

Last edited:
Damn that was one of their longest surveys. They must have sent that to just about everyone. Heck, it touched about every conceivable base. It will be interesting with how they open the parks, using some of this as guidance.
The two things I was pushing for is safety and rewarding APs

Especially if people aren't showing up that's the time to make APs happy and get them to spread the word about how fun the parks still are (if true) and how safe and easy it all is.

Though if they do some of the things they were asking no thanks im out until Nintendoland opens.

The two things I was pushing for is safety and rewarding APs

Especially if people aren't showing up that's the time to make APs happy and get them to spread the word about how fun the parks still are (if true) and how safe and easy it all is.

Though if they do some of the things they were asking no thanks im out until Nintendoland opens.
Similar. I pushed for rewarding AP's, AND rewarding past frequent on site hotel guests with sweetheart deals. :grin:

My survey was geared specifically to Universal Hollywood (no confidentiality warning). Spent a lot of time establishing your knowledge of COVID (and where you learned it) and how it spreads/what its symptoms are. Then spent a lot of time wondering about my perception of brands handling the crisis.

THEN it got to the good stuff. Pitched all of the usual suspects of mitigation. My hypothetical scenario was sort of an obvious dud.

Reactions: Mad Dog
My survey was geared specifically to Universal Hollywood (no confidentiality warning). Spent a lot of time establishing your knowledge of COVID (and where you learned it) and how it spreads/what its symptoms are. Then spent a lot of time wondering about my perception of brands handling the crisis.

THEN it got to the good stuff. Pitched all of the usual suspects of mitigation. My hypothetical scenario was sort of an obvious dud.
sounds pretty similar to Orlando survey.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Status
Not open for further replies.