Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good to see the local, state & federal governments are finally taking this seriously and shutting down and/or discouraging movement internationally & domestically. Ironic that the NBA shutting down started the domino closings just about everywhere. Just my personal take/opinion, and I'm certainly no expert, I think they've tackled this just in time to flatten the curve for most of the USA...Except, of course, those hot spots that had a lot of international visits that are experiencing most of the cases. And, it's really sad that the nursing home(s) in Washington suffered so many fatalities....but, at this point in time, there have only been a handful of corno related deaths outside of Washington state.

Just found out they need to be out of CP housing by Monday evening! That's really tough for people who have to fly home or have parents drive down to pick them up!

Also just found out as of now the Resort Monorail is scheduled to run Monday through Friday next week, don't know about other transportation yet.

Allegedly, all Disney Program participants will be paid through the end of the month, and weekly housing deductions will be suspended immediately, along with being given successful program completion.

But 2 days is a rough timeline to get the boot.

I would take this as meaning they do not expect to open up very soon.

I would vehemently agree with that deduction.

This isn't going to end well. Terrible PR and if by some miracle, the parks manage to open back up at the start of next month, they could be severely short staffed.
I would take this as meaning they do not expect to open up very soon.
I also take it as not wanting to be responsible for those people if they cannot travel home due to quarantine or travel restrictions.
Probably anticipate plenty of labor available as they ramp back up so the CP is more liability than reward right now.

How many are there? 4,000? That many?

Last edited:
Reactions: RevFreako
You want to talk about bad PR, some of the "interns" Disney hires for the World Showcase work for contractors (Operating Participants in Disney Speak), get charged for their housing (just like the CPs) and apparently aren't getting paid by their employers during the shutdown:

Considering all of this is going on, we’re at a very unique time in human history. We’re also forced into an unique situation where most of our routines and entertainment choices have abruptly halted. While I normally like to come here out of habit to check the threads and posts to get my theme park fix, all of this has stopped everything and makes me realize that this will affect a lot of stuff going on in the parks. HHN (At least for us in Hollywood), will suffer, the parks are closed, new ride openings delayed, and more cuts will likely ensue. I’m not upset at this, I’ve just accepted that’s just the way things are.

Instead of getting upset, panicking, or flipping out at all of the stuff going on, I’m going to see this as a time to soak in this crazy time in history. I’m going to take this extra time I would’ve spent obsessing/going to theme parks to focus a bit more on thinking outside the box; I really need to focus more on myself and personally improve on things; maybe I should eat at home more, maybe I need to think about other hobbies I can discover, maybe I should watch those movies/ read those books never got around to watching, maybe I need to self-teach myself a new skill I can learn for a career.

IDK. All of this has put me in a “self-reflection” mood while we’re in this weird point in human history. While I love theme parks, this is probably the push to get us to focus on other important priorities right now (Not saying it’s bad, but this is forcing me to focus on other priorities). But this will blow over soon. We’ll be back on track and things will recover soon. I think it would be a shame to waste this on anxiety and panic. I think this would be a great time to embrace the situation, learn from it, focus on ourselves and maybe discover new habits/things.

All of this to say: I refuse to get upset about this. It is what it is, we’ll eventually recover, and maybe it’s a good time to focus on other personal priorities right now. I wish everyone the best who is really affected by this.

Considering all of this is going on, we’re at a very unique time in human history. We’re also forced into an unique situation where most of our routines and entertainment choices have abruptly halted. While I normally like to come here out of habit to check the threads and posts to get my theme park fix, all of this has stopped everything and makes me realize that this will affect a lot of stuff going on in the parks. HHN (At least for us in Hollywood), will suffer, the parks are closed, new ride openings delayed, and more cuts will likely ensue. I’m not upset at this, I’ve just accepted that’s just the way things are.

Instead of getting upset, panicking, or flipping out at all of the stuff going on, I’m going to see this as a time to soak in this crazy time in history. I’m going to take this extra time I would’ve spent obsessing/going to theme parks to focus a bit more on thinking outside the box; I really need to focus more on myself and personally improve on things; maybe I should eat at home more, maybe I need to think about other hobbies I can discover, maybe I should watch those movies/ read those books never got around to watching, maybe I need to self-teach myself a new skill I can learn for a career.

IDK. All of this has put me in a “self-reflection” mood while we’re in this weird point in human history. While I love theme parks, this is probably the push to get us to focus on other important priorities right now (Not saying it’s bad, but this is forcing me to focus on other priorities). But this will blow over soon. We’ll be back on track and things will recover soon. I think it would be a shame to waste this on anxiety and panic. I think this would be a great time to embrace the situation, learn from it, focus on ourselves and maybe discover new habits/things.

All of this to say: I refuse to get upset about this. It is what it is, we’ll eventually recover, and maybe it’s a good time to focus on other personal priorities right now. I wish everyone the best who is really affected by this.
Good points all. I'm basically of the same mindset. Fortunately for me I have lots of property and love to landscape. So. that makes me happy, and keeps me relaxed. The simple things in life are often the most important....Like all emergencies, this will pass. Today's massive media coverage and social media, in relation to most all events, magnifies just about everything, and also the reactions to those events...... and, even in the past with much less media coverage, events were magnified to the point of hysteria and panic. I still remember as a child being traumatized when they would do the surprise nuclear attack air raids. The sirens would go off and everyone would shelter. As a young kid, it was like the end of the world. Only in later years would we find out that Russia's military was basically outdated and useless and really not capable of waging war. So much of it was a facade. ....Decent safety and health precautions are now being taken on this virus. Like the previous viral scares, I'm confident that all will work out in the long term.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.