Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely interesting times. I work doing third-party sales for the parks out here and it's looking like my colleagues and my future is pretty up in the air right now. My thoughts are definitely with all affected, but the Orlando family is gonna feel reverberations of this long after the coast is clear.

One of the large Disney Springs restaurants has sold $1k today total. For comparison, server friend sold that much by themself last night--and still considered it a slow night. Friend basically said grimly waiting for the announcement that they are closing to come down any day now.

One of the large Disney Springs restaurants has sold $1k today total. For comparison, server friend sold that much by themself last night--and still considered it a slow night. Friend basically said grimly waiting for the announcement that they are closing to come down any day now.
Yup, I don’t expect CityWalk, Disney Springs or any malls to really be open after the next week.

Reactions: SeventyOne
C’mon guys. Jokes regarding the parks need to stop. This is much bigger than the parks and seeing the lack of people in them the past few days, things are gonna get real bad for a lot of people who rely on the success of these parks to get by.

If we didn't joke, we'd cry.

But I wasn't kidding about the idea that Disney could open the park for a one off.

Never in the history of the parks existence, would it have been possible to open the park exclusively for a small group of guests during the day without a hurricane looming. They could charge well into the millions for a once in a lifetime opportunity.

But I wasn't kidding about the idea that Disney could open the park for a one off.

Never in the history of the parks existence, would it have been possible to open the park exclusively for a small group of guests during the day without a hurricane looming. They could charge well into the millions for a once in a lifetime opportunity.
No hurricane, just a global pandemic...

And they would get dragged on social media and in mainstream media for being greedy af and putting people’s lives at risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frogki

No hurricane, just a global pandemic...

And they would get dragged on social media and in mainstream media for being greedy af and putting people’s lives at risk.

Exactly. They’d be raked over the coals, and rightfully so, for putting the health of their low wage employees at risk so the top 1% could have a magical day. The backlash alone would most likely cost them more than they’d make from doing something that tone deaf anyway.

Comcast announced they're giving free wifi in hot spot wifi areas for 60 days to assist Americans in their educational, work and health needs during this crisis. This will even be available to those who are not Comcast Infinity customers....In addition Comcast announced it's pausing all data plans for 60 days, giving all Comcast customers unlimited access at no extra charge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.