Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't remember if this has been posted or not, it's been a crazy few days.

If it's one thing, Florida has coming, it's heat and humidity.
I know it's been speculated, but never really studied. Hopefully, it's accurate. BURN, BABY! BURN!

If it works out like that I promise not to complain about the heat this summer

I imagine some meetings at first. Maybe some TMs will be reassigned to help deep-clean the parks. Universal said TMs will get paid, but didn't say anything about them getting paid while sitting at home. There's still work to be done.
From the friends I've talked to, they literally are deep cleaning the parks. No better way to make everyone feel valued than to have them clean a park when everyone is worried about cleanliness and being sanitary lol.

Sooooo Universal is still forcing TMs to report to work despite everything being closed...? All of my TM friends are absolutely furious right now.

"In particular, we would like to clarify that everyone, especially everyone in exempt, non-exempt and managerial positions, is expected to continue to report to work as normal beginning Monday, March 16"
The Sentinel ran a story on it with some good quotes from Team Members. They’re allowing you to stay home without losing points, but you don’t get paid. Definitely seems like that’s the play here.

I can dig it. I probably went to all the bakeries in Portland - loved all but one
Lol, I think I know which one you’re thinking of.... but New Hampshire just called a state of Emergency, should kill the end of their tourist season which is in its final weeks now. Feel bad, my uncle works at one of the resorts in NH and I’m sure they’re gonna be dead and he’ll be making next to nothing

Lol, I think I know which one you’re thinking of.... but New Hampshire just called a state of Emergency, should kill the end of their tourist season which is in its final weeks now. Feel bad, my uncle works at one of the resorts in NH and I’m sure they’re gonna be dead and he’ll be making next to nothing
The one I don't care for is the one everyone else loves. Can't remember the name, but it's in Commercial Street, roughly across the street from Casco Variety -- it's for foodies and not eaters.

Alene works in downtown Pittsburgh. She got home from work 30 minutes earlier than normal for a Friday afternoon rush hour today. She said there was very little traffic on the roads that are usually packed Friday afternoons. ..........(on that guys tweet though, why does it have Aug. 24 , 2019)

Reactions: Coasted
Disney is also telling CMs to come in, but I think this is really a case of an unprecedented event and trying to figure out just what to do. There's some "winding down" that needs to be done in the parks just like with a hurricane and I think they are really saying "come to work" until they have things closed up and done.

Within days there will only be skeleton crews in all the parks.

Disney is also telling CMs to come in, but I think this is really a case of an unprecedented event and trying to figure out just what to do. There's some "winding down" that needs to be done in the parks just like with a hurricane and I think they are really saying "come to work" until they have things closed up and done.

Within days there will only be skeleton crews in all the parks.

I think they will use this time to Paint,Clean and work on Maintenance issues (Fix Hagrid)
The TM's will be in no more danger than the rest of us that are still working.
If you need to self quarantine do so or if you feel sick But they will still need people to shut it down and do preventative Maintenance.

Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.