Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
The masks that nurses are wearing are being replaced often during a shift and they will also be wearing glasses or some kind of mask. The virus can enter your system through your mouth, nose and eyes.

Masks do help a little but you need to protect your eyes and replace them often. The other problem with masks is that it can make people touch their face more often to readjust.
I would love to replace my eyes; I wouldn't need glasses anymore :lol:

That London group that predicted huge death numbers has greatly downgraded their death projections. Their model went from millions in the UK to 20,000.

Why did they do that? How could their estimates be so comically off?
They were basing it off of it assumptions of it being far more contagious and deadly than the actual numbers were showing.They also were viewing it as primarily an airborne pathogen like the flu. Their numbers were skewed on false assumptions. That's generally the problem with predicting studies. If their assumptions are false, or off, the study is flawed.

I know you don’t do links but can you point me in the right direction to find this?
One of the committee health official doctors (Deborah Birx, Committee Coordinator)) just talked about it on the government CV press conference. She said they've (London group) has now significantly downgraded their infection and death model for all of the countries. UK is now 20,000 deaths worst case scenario instead of many millions. She talked in depth about their (London Study Group) original numbers being based on assumptions that are incorrect. The commentators just mentioned it again on the cable news summing up today's press conference.

Last edited:
Indy 500 moved to August. While a Memorial day weekend event, they pretty much are there the entire month of May, so this is semi-expected.

Orlando Informer postponed their meetup that was supposed to be at the end of May. Could just be precautionary on their side (or Universal's), but does tell me that there's at least some reason to believe the issue won't be fully resolved in Orlando come late May.

The peak of this isn’t supposed to hit Florida until late April or early May. Things just aren’t going to be back to normal for quite awhile the way I see it.

So while Cedar Fair parks have been open on postponing openings till mid-May, and Universal has been open on postponing a possible opening to April, still paying TM's throughout the closure AND postponing monthly AP payments, I have to say it's concerning that Disney has been downright quiet on ALL of that.

So while Cedar Fair parks have been open on postponing openings till mid-May, and Universal has been open on postponing a possible opening to April, still paying TM's throughout the closure AND postponing monthly AP payments, I have to say it's concerning that Disney has been downright quiet on ALL of that.
It’s very odd. Especially considering they can’t open anyway due to the stay-at-home order. You’d think they would’ve said something publicly by now.

It’s very odd. Especially considering they can’t open anyway due to the stay-at-home order. You’d think they would’ve said something publicly by now.

Well there is this article that came up a few hours ago...

Well there is this article that came up a few hours ago...

The problem with furloughs at WDW specifically is the unions. While Levy, Landry and Spiltville/Homecomin could just lay people off, Mouse has to abide by its agreements or risk a wave of grievances.

Cuomo is saying NYC may not hit its peak for 21 days... yikes. That’s our biggest city hitting it’s peak in 3 weeks, spread out all those tourists across the country, people going to Maine and Cape Cod and down to Florida, we’re in this for awhile folks. Buckle up and hang in there, we can do this but it’s going to be for awhile.

Cuomo is saying NYC may not hit its peak for 21 days... yikes. That’s our biggest city hitting it’s peak in 3 weeks, spread out all those tourists across the country, people going to Maine and Cape Cod and down to Florida, we’re in this for awhile folks. Buckle up and hang in there, we can do this but it’s going to be for awhile.
And New Orleans is really starting to get hit hard now, too. Their hospital system (which i'm sure is much less robust than NYC which also can't handle it) can't handle the amount of people coming in. The length it takes to get results on the test is also a problem as they reported quite a few people who died before they even got their results.

And New Orleans is really starting to get hit hard now, too. Their hospital system (which i'm sure is much less robust than NYC which also can't handle it) can't handle the amount of people coming in. The length it takes to get results on the test is also a problem as they reported quite a few people who died before they even got their results.
Ya its awful. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.