Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fun Spot Expansion

That land deal that was mentioned in December finally showed up on the Property Appraiser site. It is an oddly shaped parcel on the north side of Touchstone Dr. Given the shape, I figure it will be parking and/or office and storage space.

From @FunSpotOrlando

You've seen the [HASHTAG]#SkyCoaster[/HASHTAG] drawings. 2/23 is your chance to see it become a reality! Come early stay late to watch!

ibkDbReRsMuX4K.jpg

The second piece of the [HASHTAG]#SkyCoaster[/HASHTAG] tower is now in place. Come watch it go up...It's FREE to watch!!

ibcC9abtXxvo1A.jpg

The first piece of the 2nd side is now installed. The 2nd piece will go in soon & then the arch will connect the two!

ibf11Nw8Sja2xY.jpg

Slightly off topic but if anyone ever has the chance I highly recommend doing a sky coaster. One of the most terrifying yet amazing experiences out there for thrill rides.

The tallest one I've done was the 178ft. one at Michigan's Adventure. It was really fun, and I want to do the 300ft. one at Old Town, but I can't get any of my friends to man up and do it. :lol:

Thats probally one of the few thrills rides I ownt do, along with bungie jumping and stuff like that lol.

I've done two different ones with my max being 250ft. I've also done the Springshot at Old Town that goes 0-100MPH in 2 seconds vertically and 365 feet in the air :lol:

Slightly off topic but if anyone ever has the chance I highly recommend doing a sky coaster. One of the most terrifying yet amazing experiences out there for thrill rides.

I've never done it before, but plan to once this opens. I'm looking forward to it, and riding the two new coasters! :thumbs:
I haven't gone to Fun Spot in a while, but if I'm correct, don't they use a ticket and armband system for their rides? I'm guessing the coasters will more than likely be included with the armbands, but does anyone know about the sky coaster? I think the only other sky coaster I've seen was an up-charge.

I've ridden two of them. Our local Six Flags has one as well at World's of Fun out in KC. I am not scared of heights by any stretch of the imagination but these Sky Coasters take it to another level. I am not sure I will ever do another one. They don't really look that tall until you are strapped in and hoisted up there.....THAT is when it hits you. It's sorta like your first jump off the high dive except about 30 times taller. :-X

Sweet, this one's a double SkyCoaster from the look of the arch. I don't know if it will ever be busy enough to really make a difference, but its nice to know they'll have the possibility of doubling capacity if they need too.

See the two swing bars on the arch? Typically that means there will be two "swings" instead of just one. I don't know if it has a technical name, but darn it, that's what I'm calling it, a double sky coaster!

SkyCoaster construction time-lapse video:

[video=youtube;u2cli_RlyXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2cli_RlyXg[/video]