Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Toon Lagoon

I'd love to get a new immersive land, but man will I be upset the day that Toon Lagoon goes away.
Honestly, it can be hard being a Universal fan lol. Nothing is sacred really in their book it seems

I'd love to get a new immersive land, but man will I be upset the day that Toon Lagoon goes away.
Honestly, it can be hard being a Universal fan lol. Nothing is sacred really in their book it seems

Last edited by a moderator:
If Universal would get LoTR, I find it really hard to believe that they wouldn't bulldoze TL entirely and start fresh.

I love TL's rides, but IoA has too many water rides. Right now, there are two entire lands (TL, JP) that are almost entirely dedicated to water rides. That's just too much!

Not too toot my own horn, but I believe that I was the first to mention that Universal was in negotiations for the IP back in the Summer of 2009. @Brian G. may have those posts archived somewhere. It was back in the OU days.

BTW, everyone said it would never happen. But they said the same thing about Nintendo (I was not privy to info about those negotiations. I was as blindsided as everyone else about Nintendo).

I did find this....

Probably a good idea to take all this talk over there, too.

Middle Earth coming to UOR? | Inside Universal Forums

If Universal would get LoTR, I find it really hard to believe that they wouldn't bulldoze TL entirely and start fresh.

I love TL's rides, but IoA has too many water rides. Right now, there are two entire lands (TL, JP) that are almost entirely dedicated to water rides. That's just too much!
There aren’t too many water rides. In Florida they’re very welcome. The problem is, there aren’t enough rides in total. The park needs about 6-8 more to really get it up there. Another coaster or two, another walkthrough, a big show, a smaller show, 2-3 smaller scale rides, and 2 more big E’s and this park could be the best in the world.

If they do i imagine they’ll work with WB and Jackson again on it and not Amazon.
Don't forget the Saul Zaentz company. WB actually leased the rights from them, as they are the actual rights holder.

What would you guys think of a Mega E-Ticket walk through attraction themed to The Mines of Moria. It could be a little bit Poseidon's Fury and a little bit HHN House on a RotR scale.

Thoughts?
I'd rather it be the coaster that Gringott's should have been - speed with sets and cool effects :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, A Star Ship Enterprise that travels FAST & Furious through the Galaxy (only the Galaxy, since the Epic Universe will be a few blocks away :lol:)

I don't think TL has ever got the love it deserved from Universal. Popeye's has always been great but Dudley's had the potential to be something truly great with a little attention.
No question. If it got a nice refurb and some more attention, it could have been Universal's Splash Mountain.

I mean, I love Ripsaw Falls regardless because it cracks me up and I love water rides. But it could have been a legit top attraction in Orlando.

Wait, it isn't?
Ripsaw Falls a top tier attraction? You missed the /s

It’s an embarrassment. Maintenance is atrocious and the queue is on par with Six Flags. The sooner they drop Dudley, the better.

And just to be clear, I’m not against water rides; quite the opposite. Splash is my favorite ride at WDW and Popeyes is by a mile the most fun ride I’ve ridden in Orlando. Ripsaw just pales in comparison and it’s warts are too large to ignore.