General Movies & TV Thread | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
lol

I mean sure but why not? We have a prequel show that should be around for years...unless this is on after that I just dont want too many GOT spin offs. Also you have to get Ayra back, Sansa sure but Arya story should also continue

One of half a dozen GOT spin offs in development but this has me interested as I found the Jon Snow story ending less satisfying that some of the other character arcs.

I'm sure GRRM would've handled it better if he ever got around to writing it, but Jon's story is complete. It basically asks "Why would Aragorn even want to be king when he's been a ranger his whole life? How would he even be qualified for that job? What would his tax policy be?" The ending is basically saying Jon returned to his Shire.

I'm excited for HotD, very excited for the possibility of Dunk & Egg, but this just sounds like a soulless cash-in.

Saw the new Elvis movie in Dolby

Its a movie that while im sure is great in any format....watch it with the best sound system you can to really get the most out of it

The film could be my favorite of the year, I had really no idea how impactful Elvis was as a person. I know his songs and know people love him...and this movie really goes into the why. The guy was a dam hard worker and showman and seemed to put himself into many things he was apart of and his worst projects seem to only exist because of the need for money and companies using him and wanting PG Elvis and not the real thing.

Just very interesting film and especially with today's news with this generation had a real icon

Saw, The Black Phone

Very good film. More suspension than horror 8 or 9 out of ten kinda film. Very well done and the kid actors did a great job and Etham Hawk is perfect for the role

2022 Summer movie season is so far performing 217% better than to this point last year and it isn't that far behind that monster 2019 summer box office season that we had, only off by 12%.

Talk about a turn around for movie theaters when many people were (at the time, rightfully) questioning if theaters were even going to survive the pandemic closure. China went more nationalist during the pandemic and now very few American films get let in, but the truth of the matter is Chinese box office was always just padded "stats" if you will to make a films total gross look higher. With how little the studios actually keep, you have to make a lot there for it to really be anything more than just making your worldwide box office total look higher so the loss of movies being released there isn't honestly as big as it may appear.

Two Theaters opened near me

One brand new (and super nice) and one that was an old theater that AMC is redoing and taking over. So I'd assume business must be ok for at least AMC

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
That whole thing just screams "fan-made video for Youtube". Not something you'd expect from an experienced director in Hollywood.

Ironically, I think adding a laugh track and making it black and white might help make it feel less cheap.

Watched Batman: Soul of the Dragon, its a fun DC animated film

While Batman is in...its not his film and he's used more as a way to get people interested in this fun story
The fighting is cool and the story isn't amazing it works for what it needs to be.

If you have HBO enjoy this if your into DC animated films

Saw A24's "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On"

In my top ten films of the year for sure, its so cute and very funny. I hope if it counts as animated it wins for best picture to me its blows away most animated movies from the big studios....like if this gets no nomination but Lightyear does....then for sure the academy isn't watching enough films

I’m enjoying S2 of Only Murders In The Building quite a lot.
Just letting you know, we have a thread for Only Murders here:

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Saw A24's "X" Film that came out earlier this year, It's got some interesting ideas and sure most horror fans will enjoy.

Also saw Bullet Train early and its fun, nothing that blows your mind but if your in for a 2 hour fun movie with some cool action and fun jokes then here you go a fun way to end the summer blockbusters

Also the Trailer for The Woman King sold me on the film, will be seeing it now

Reactions: SeventyOne
Wasn't the biggest fan of Bullet Train and I suspect some people will hate it (hope you like Guy Ritchie movies cuz this feels like one of those if it was reheated in a microwave). That having been said, still hope it does great. We need movies like that in theaters, even if this particular one wasn't the most successful.