Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That would be fantastic if they did a house based on GB, but would it be scary is the question.

What other houses have we had in the past based on Ghosts?

We've had several ghost related things at Halloween Horror Nights over the years. I definitely wouldn't guess for one second that this will be a GB house. :lol:

To answer your question though, here are some ghost related houses from HHN:

Dungeon of Terror (1992)
Hotel Hell (1997)
S.S. Frightanic (1998)
Screamhouse (2002)
Ship of Screams (2003)
Ghost Town (2004)

We've had several ghost related things at Halloween Horror Nights over the years. I definitely wouldn't guess for one second that this will be a GB house. :lol:

To answer your question though, here are some ghost related houses from HHN:

Dungeon of Terror (1992)
Hotel Hell (1997)
S.S. Frightanic (1998)
Screamhouse (2002)
Ship of Screams (2003)
Ghost Town (2004)

Out of both of are lists, the most popular is Screamhouse. Is that what Soundstage 22 is holding??? :shrug: Comments....

But Screamhouse didn't have ghosts did it?

I thought most scares in there were from the Caretaker's "followers"

But Screamhouse didn't have ghosts did it?

I thought most scares in there were from the Caretaker's "followers"

Well i think it was actually all of the victims of the Caretaker who were haunting us, which would be ghosts.

True, but they weren't really ghosts, and Screamhouse: Resurrection did have his followers scaring us. But a spector to me is more of a old school ghost definition IMHO, so who knows what will be in SS 22.

Yeah you're right, i didn't think of that one. There just isnt enough information on SS 22 to really have a clue whats going on there, and why would they have a role called Ghost in SS 23, and then use Spector for SS 22? Are they using different kinds of ghosts?

Well SS23 is the rumored Greek haunt since there are references to Medusa and Hades, so a ghost in Hades is possible.

Okay, that makes sense, being that hades is the god of the dead or whatever. I have a question though, I was looking at the speculation forums for last year and I noticed that by this time of the year, last year that we had a pretty good idea of what most of the houses were and even who the icon was. As of now, it seems like we're still guessing just with a little bit of evidence to come up with a vague idea. I didn't start following hhn until this year so I was wondering what the difference is from this year and last year. Is it just that Universal is being more secretive or is it something else?

It's Universal getting better....Heres why information isn't getting out:​

lockedup.jpg

You may remember in the years past where house names were revealed on the permitting website, or even last year where the code names snuck through the system and onto my website. This year, things are different. We pretty much have Potter to blame for this one. Oh, and that new law that blocks public access to theme park blue prints. I only blame Potter because the (un)friendly people over at the permitting office seem to refer to this as the "Potter Law". Knowing this, I decided to give them a ring on the off chance that I'd get the code names again. Lets just say I was transfered 5 times and spoke with just about everyone who works over there. Even connections that I've used in the past have failed me this year. Can I blame them? No, it's their job to restrict access. On my 5th transfer, I was able to speak with the branch official supervisor President Obama team captain leader of permitting services. He basically gave me the "Sorry dude" speech but then left me with this: "Universal may or may not have provided code names on the application this year. We post what we are given."

No code names?!? That wouldn't surprise me either, ever since the permitting office had become the source of the leaks a new law has been put into place and Universal has switched to using code names (if any) to prevent access.
Although we aren't allowed access to the permits, we were still given the house locations and confirmed 8 houses. I thought for sure we'd have the official park hours before we knew this much information. Oh well, the games have just begun.​

Another update on HHNRumors:​

hhnxx.png

The image above was sent in by anonymous. It's an official image from Uni. The significance of this image is the fact that it uses "HHN" over "Halloween Horror Nights" - Could this be a new marketing effort? Not trying to read too far into it but it does look nice and it's still sticking with the Twenty Years of Fear slogan.

The above image was also sent in by anonymous. This image is supposedly from the parade building but we have no way to prove it other than illegally trespassing and verifiying it first hand. I'm not gonna be the one to do that sooo just know that it could simply be fan art. It does resemble a certain Mary Agana in her somewhat controversial attire. This blurb was also submitted with the image:

"Parade building is definitely a Museum. The facade is basically the Palace Theatre structure re-themed. It's an abandoned Museum with all the horrors of the past."

So, does this mean the Parade Building holds a HHN Museum? I say maybe...comments?​

Last edited:
The first image (the HHN logo) is real. It was in the latest employee newsletter.

The second part, however, is pretty much BS in my mind. Could the parade building be a museum? Sure, a lot of signs are pointing to it. Do I think that the image of Bloody Mary is in the house? Not even a little bit. It looks completely like fan art and nothing like what A&D would put together.

Thats what has been noted here before, it will be a walk through of some of the greatest things in the history of HHN, hence why there is a room in there titled "Rat Lady."