Helios Grand Hotel | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Helios Grand Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The rooms really remind me of Cabana Bay but I like that. The public areas and dining are where the deluxe feel really comes in and since it’s so close to Epic, I could see the rooftop and bar areas getting popular after a visit.

Not having Express is a bummer but I also heard is a contractual exclusive. I was hoping they’d expand it but no dice from all signs so far.

For those who like SF or other hotels, I believe travel agents can add unlimited express to packages. It’s pricey but available and better than buying it on a day by day basis.

Reactions: Suchomimus
It's probably worth pointing out there are a few different room types (outside of views) - Standard, Deluxe, and Suite; and the only photo we're seeing is Standard Room. Without a price point and more info, specifically how many of each type of room there is, I also can't grasp the "Looks Value" argument AT ALL.

Again, if you don't like the design, that's on you as everybody has a preference - but the rooms are the status quo of other Universal's signature hotels.

I had previously described the rooms as comparable to the original Contemporary Resort rooms. Certainly not very large, but one side of the building is going to offer incredible views, and all will have extremely convenient access to the park, so up to $1000 per night wouldn’t be out of the question, or whatever WDW charges for theirs minus a little.

And while standard may not be too impressive, those select suites sure look sweet. Anyone wanna go halvsies on a Presidential??

Then explain away.
Just adding to what others had already said. They just seem aggressively unthemed and could be any Marriot or Hilton in Orlando built in the last 5 years. All of the other Universal hotels have touches that relate to the property and additions that help sell luxury. Plush bedding at Portofino, nice showers, interesting room furniture…etc. I think Alicia is right, they are going the Contemporary route. No one thinks the room at the Contemporary say signature, luxury, or special. It’s all about that view.

Reactions: Casper Gutman
After looking at Contemporary pricing vs other Universal pricing, ~$700 theme park view/$500 garden view is my guess for standard room.

Does anyone know how much more club level rooms are at Universal? This hotel has 41 standard rooms on club level.

Reactions: Jake S
After looking at Contemporary pricing vs other Universal pricing, ~$700 theme park view/$500 garden view is my guess for standard room.

Does anyone know how much more club level rooms are at Universal? This hotel has 41 standard rooms on club level.
Maybe $100-200/night extra, depending on the category or season? I wanna say club at RPR was $700 for a Saturday in Sept. when I got my non-club/good view room for less.

Also, I think Tom Bricker does a good job of summing up how I feel here (hope it's ok to share, his commentary starts later down the page). I think the exterior of Helios is leaps and bounds and worlds better than Riviera, but the Riviera rooms are pretty amazing. Modern and sleek, with luxury finishes & cool Disney touches. That said i'll def withhold judgment until i get the chance to see Helios rooms in person

Maybe $100-200/night extra, depending on the category or season? I wanna say club at RPR was $700 for a Saturday in Sept. when I got my non-club/good view room for less.

Also, I think Tom Bricker does a good job of summing up how I feel here (hope it's ok to share, his commentary starts later down the page). I think the exterior of Helios is leaps and bounds and worlds better than Riviera, but the Riviera rooms are pretty amazing. Modern and sleek, with luxury finishes & cool Disney touches. That said i'll def withhold judgment until i get the chance to see Helios rooms in person

Very well-written (not surprising) and I understand his view point about the rooms.

Did a quick search in early sept during the week, right after labor day (9/3), rack rate for Contemporary is $524 w/ 30% offer (garden room, tower rooms start $742 as you know), Hard Rock rack rate is $453. Don't forget Universal offers the Stay More Save More deal. My prediction is value season Rack Rate will be around $375-390 but Universal will advertise a 4-night stay rate "starting at" $300 a night, 4-night stay rate starting at $420 for theme park review. Obviously just my educated guess (waves at UC legal). This slides nicely between the three Express OG hotels and Sapphire.

Very well-written (not surprising) and I understand his view point about the rooms.

Bricker is the best in the game IMHO.

If the price points are comparable, I really don’t see any reason to stay at Helios rather than Portofino. Heck, I don’t see much at all tempting me away from Sapphire, even though I used to try and stay at every Uni or Disney hotel at least once. That’s good for my wallet, I suppose.

There’s a real sameness to the public spaces in Aventura and all three EU hotels that’s becoming monotonous.

The Riviera seems an apt comparison… that’s not great.