Helios Grand Hotel | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Helios Grand Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the rebranding of hotel categories, where I don't get Aventura>Cabana, is that including Sapphire with Helios and the former top 3 at UO means that no hotel will have Express included anymore.

I think the rebranding of hotel categories, where I don't get Aventura>Cabana, is that including Sapphire with Helios and the former top 3 at UO means that no hotel will have Express included anymore.

I will say that is bizarre as it seems Sapphire and Helios will not have Express, so it may cause confusion to guests who expect it because it's in the same category.

Short term is confusing but isn't is pretty much a given that Express will be added here once Epic Express capacity comes online? I can understand why they don't wouldn't want to dump more people into the USF/IOA Express lines.

I guess my expectations were out of line, I was expecting a Hotel Miracosta level of design and service. This looks as if it’ll fall right in line with UO’s other properties, not really pushing the limits of luxury- besides the prime location and view
But. . . Why?

This looks as if it’ll fall right in line with UO’s other properties,
I am shocked lol. :p

Like the other top tiered Loews hotels, this seems to offer affordable luxury for someone who's main focus is visiting the parks.
Excited for this hotel and ready to book as soon as I can. This hotel should really show Disney what a true deluxe resort means.
I dunno know about that? Are you only factoring in the state side resorts because if you go international. . .

Short term is confusing but isn't is pretty much a given that Express will be added here once Epic Express capacity comes online? I can understand why they don't wouldn't want to dump more people into the USF/IOA Express lines.

It will never have Express. The only reason the three OG hotels do is that contact universal signed. If universal had the chance I’d bet they’d remove express from those hotels.

It will never have Express. The only reason the three OG hotels do is that contact universal signed. If universal had the chance I’d bet they’d remove express from those hotels.
I think your prediction is correct. Hotel Express was conceived when the parks were barely profitable. Universal would be selling a lot more 'expensive' park resort passes if the hotel unlimited Express passes, that are far superior to the limited park Express passes, didn't exist. Helios will have to get by with their location/location/location exemplary status.

Common areas look great and the rooms look okay. I don’t expect these to compete on vibe with the Four Seasons (or even Conrad’s for that matter). Their proximity to the parks is the major selling point, in addition to the themed environment in common areas.

We’ll see how they turn out when the place is actually built, but this seems pretty in line with what I expected.

I think your prediction is correct. Hotel Express was conceived when the parks were barely profitable. Universal would be selling a lot more 'expensive' park resort passes if the hotel unlimited Express passes, that are far superior to the limited park Express passes, didn't exist. Helios will have to get by with their location/location/location exemplary status.
Yup. The question will be, is close access to Epic worth $200+ by itself? For the vast majority of people, probably not. If the 3-day ticket rumors are true, even worse.