Hello Kitty Coming to Universal | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Hello Kitty Coming to Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can we all address how years ago we envisioned Hello Kitty Store, F&F ride, Godzilla Ride and Pokemon/Nintento Tokyo Area in the parks...

Might not all be in the same area, but I think its a safe to say we are going to get all these IP's in the near future :whoo:

Can we all address how years ago we envisioned Hello Kitty Store, F&F ride, Godzilla Ride and Pokemon/Nintento Tokyo Area in the parks...

Might not all be in the same area, but I think its a safe to say we are going to get all these IP's in the near future :whoo:

i clearly remember this lol UC definitely snoops around on here

Reactions: RevFreako
So, Hello Kitty looks like a cat and is even called Kitty, but it ain't a cat, color me confused :shrug:.

As a 41 year old male it certainly ain't for me but if it fills the Uni coffers even more the I guess its a good IP to have in the parks.

I thought Disneyhead posted about it once before in the Future of Shrek thread? How bizzare
I was told that ST was coming to USF. But my source didn't know where. Attractions Magazine was the one that threw out the Shrek rumor.

The last I heard, was Jan. 9th that it was still coming. And that was after it was declared dead by the insiders here.

So who knows. But all is quiet on ST now.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I'm just going by what I know. Uni was in talks to try and get Star Trek. They fell through a while ago. There was never a set plan.
I truly hope down the road they can work out the rights to Trek. It would be Potter for me. Love Star Trek, grew up with it...always hoped to see a land somewhere...of course the Experience in Vegas had to close before I was old enough to get over there.

Universal could do it even better. This would be the one and only sci fi property to combat Star Wars.

Reactions: *Q*
I truly hope down the road they can work out the rights to Trek. It would be Potter for me. Love Star Trek, grew up with it...always hoped to see a land somewhere...of course the Experience in Vegas had to close before I was old enough to get over there.

Universal could do it even better. This would be the one and only sci fi property to combat Star Wars.
I think there could be a push for Star Trek if/when Disney does something with Star Wars. As a huge Star Trek fan myself I'm okay with waiting if it means it doesn't get based off the new Star Trek movies. Unfortunately I don't think Universal could do a better job with Star Trek than the Vegas ST Experience. It was more immersive than anything Universal has done, I would love to be wrong though.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I hope someone goes down and takes some photos before it closes for good. We must document the past to preserve it! ;)
I love looking at the model of the Lucy set on the Desilu soundstage, that's my favorite part. Hopefully it will still be there this upcoming weekend so I can see it one last time.

I think there could be a push for Star Trek if/when Disney does something with Star Wars. As a huge Star Trek fan myself I'm okay with waiting if it means it doesn't get based off the new Star Trek movies. Unfortunately I don't think Universal could do a better job with Star Trek than the Vegas ST Experience. It was more immersive than anything Universal has done, I would love to be wrong though.

I would think that if they were going to do ST they would want to do it before Dis does SW. Once that finally opens, unless they just completely botch it, anything Uni does space/ST related, will seem like an attempt to copy Dis. Where if they can beat them out the gate, it looks original and fresh.

The way it is being described... star trek negotiations fell through completely, and now it is out of play for some time to come.

I know absolutely nothing about such discussions or negotiations, not even if they were true or not.

I would think that if they were going to do ST they would want to do it before Dis does SW. Once that finally opens, unless they just completely botch it, anything Uni does space/ST related, will seem like an attempt to copy Dis. Where if they can beat them out the gate, it looks original and fresh.
They can wait at least a year after Disney announces it to start working on it in time to open before Disney does.

Reactions: keeper and Mad Dog