HHN 28: Stranger Things | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 28: Stranger Things

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's... That's pretty much it.

Goodnight everybody.

Oh; if it’s those 5 environments then I can totally see the Silent Hill overlaps since the Upside Down & The School could parallel the Otherworld & Midwich Elementary scenes

Edit - Dissapointed if the Demogorgan’s Lair doesn’t show up since it was filled with corpses(most importantly Barb’s) and was one of the creepiest scenes. Still excited for this house though

So if its a "test run" then that would mean Universal Studios Orlando would have its own permanent maze attraction based off Stranger Things like how Hollywood has The Walking Dead attraction?

So if its a "test run" then that would mean Universal Studios Orlando would have its own permanent maze attraction based off Stranger Things like how Hollywood has The Walking Dead attraction?

I wouldn’t say this is a test run for a ride - maybe a test run for it to be a recurring IP for HHN(%99 we’ll get S2 next year). Hopefully this house will be more like the AHS houses in that they were good-great, and not like the WD houses where it was generally “meh”.

Edit - I think the main thing that might go against this house is that some things that make the show so memorable might be hard to bring into a house meant to be scary(soundtrack, Barb, Dungeons & Dragons, nostalgia). Plus the fact that this show has so many environments but not all of them can translate as well. If they don’t have an Eggo’s box in this house then I’ll be a disappointed

Last edited:
Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Considering Netflix shows having international rights on their platform I would think this could be much more successful than the walking dead, but even if there is not a stranger things permanent attraction there is probably going to be Netflix licensing that is going to be huge for rides/attractions and it would be beneficial for universal to stay ahead on this. Netflix could be the number one competitor to disney in streaming when things shake out.

It's not a test run for anything.

It was initially pitched by A&D as having both seasons. Marketing split it because they want to stretch IPs out where they can. The likelihood of a permanent, Stranger Things anything at this point is fairly slim.

So with the live performers of the kids confirmed by Universal is there a chance the kids show up in here or are they most likely going to The Harvest? The adults and teens seem confirmed for the house though

stranger things

stranger things will be season 1 in both events

orlando wanted season 1 and 2 originally

both will have the upside down

hollywood will have particle effect in upside down [projection, and floating ones]

orlando will do shed, byer's house, hawkings lab [two story lab, will have tank that eleven was in].

hollywood will do forest with demogorgon noises in the distance.

both will have demogorgon

hollywood is actor demogorgon

orlando will have demogorgon in different looks [closed mouth, opened mouth, and puppets with openable and closable mouths]

I see a lot of people complaining that not much new was announced, but it sounded like Mike Aiello mentioned a specific character that will be appearing in this house:

hBZwIvW.png