HHN Hollywood 2018 Construction Thread | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood 2018 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm still blown away by the fact that they are actually doing HoB AGAIN. It was alright (at best) the first time but by no means did it warrant another go-around. What in the world made Murdy, not only, want to do this again but also, want to do this over AHS: Asylum; a maze he has been talking/hinting about for a while now. For me, this is a new low for Murdy. Heck, even if it wasn't AHS but instead an original maze, I wouldn't be as upset as I am about HoB returning.

Honestly. I'm just going to play the denial card on this and just pretend that they got lazy with the facade design, needed a movie theatre, and decided just to recycle last year's Blumhouse Theatre facade...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR "SILVER SCREAMS: WEST COAST EDITION"!!! :exclap::exclap::exclap:

Reactions: Nland316
I'm still blown away by the fact that they are actually doing HoB AGAIN. It was alright (at best) the first time but by no means did it warrant another go-around. What in the world made Murdy, not only, want to do this again but also, want to do this over AHS: Asylum; a maze he has been talking/hinting about for a while now. For me, this is a new low for Murdy. Heck, even if it wasn't AHS but instead an original maze, I wouldn't be as upset as I am about HoB returning.

I suppose we should wait until we know what properties are included before we panic. If they manage to reuse Purge, Insidious, Sinister, or Happy Death Day, then yeah, this isn't great. (Granted, there aren't a whole lot of options beyond Truth or Dare and *maybe* Get Out...)

If he can't use AHS, he could very easily do an original house and not recycle a poorly-received concept. But no, that's too creative for Murdy.

Oh well. At least I got to see AHS Asylum in Orlando and that was better than anythting Murdy would've ever done.
Honestly. I'm just going to play the denial card on this and just pretend that they got lazy with the facade design, needed a movie theatre, and decided just to recycle last year's Blumhouse Theatre facade...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR "SILVER SCREAMS: WEST COAST EDITION"!!! :exclap::exclap::exclap:
Murdy right now:

Our (forum fanboys) opinions matter very little to the people who run the event as we are a small majority. Most of us weren’t huge on Blumhouse (personally it was in my bottom 2 of last year) but in talking with John on twitter and in person he’s said that HOB last year was the second highest rated maze. GP ate it up so they’re giving it another go with different properties and in a bigger location

Our (forum fanboys) opinions matter very little to the people who run the event as we are a small majority. Most of us weren’t huge on Blumhouse (personally it was in my bottom 2 of last year) but in talking with John on twitter and in person he’s said that HOB last year was the second highest rated maze. GP ate it up so they’re giving it another go with different properties and in a bigger location

Blumhouse's success was, IMO, a product of low expectations (leading to pleasant surprise) and superior construction/scenic relative to almost every other maze (sans perhaps Titans and AHS). The extended length probably didn't hurt, either. It was a "fine" maze in a year of mediocre mazes. Disappointing that that's the takeaway, and I say this as someone who really liked Blumhouse.

Reactions: horrornights789
I suppose we should wait until we know what properties are included before we panic. If they manage to reuse Purge, Insidious, Sinister, or Happy Death Day, then yeah, this isn't great. (Granted, there aren't a whole lot of options beyond Truth or Dare and *maybe* Get Out...)

I could not care less what properties he puts in this maze. I still think it's a bad/uninspired idea.

I feel like he is always saying that some of the worst mazes are actually the highest rated ones. Is there somewhere we can see this backed up? Or are we just going by his say-so? I really am interested in knowing.

I’m fine with Blumhouse, but they need to do it right. It never really felt like a theater besides the facades and posters and The Purge finale was lazy, I did love the HDD and Sinister portions though. But like @Freak said, why this over AHS? Coven and Asylum would’ve been huge draws to that tent. But more importantly, if Purge ends up as a solo maze, why not throw it in here instead since this is the mega tent? RIP AHS though.

Also, I know Roanoke was a divisive season but how in the world did it lose out in rankings last year to Insidious, Titans, and Blumhouse?

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Blumhouse's success was, IMO, a product of low expectations (leading to pleasant surprise) and superior construction/scenic relative to almost every other maze (sans perhaps Titans and AHS). The extended length probably didn't hurt, either.
I feel like he is always saying that some of the worst mazes are actually the highest rated ones. Is there somewhere we can see this backed up? Or are we just going by his say-so? I really am interested in knowing.
The cast of Blumhouse is honestly what made it the best maze of last year (especially Purge & Sinister). But it was a very popular maze, there were nights when Blumhouse would have one of (if not) the longest waittimes. It did beat out Insidious for popularity with guests for 3 weeks straight (which makes Insidious getting HOTY total BS)

It did beat out Insidious for popularity with guests for 3 weeks straight (which makes Insidious getting HOTY total BS)

To follow up on this, is HOTY here similar to Orlando’s where management plays a huge part in it too? Or is it mostly just guests. I remember coming out of Insidious and only hearing good things about it’s finale

well Murdy always claims Insidious was brought back due to its high demand & popularity :rolleyes: Sooo yea... same thing, different coast. Pointless award that means nothing. And yes, the finale was the best part (which could've just been included in Blumhouse & opened up a slot for a completely different maze in JP... go figure)