Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 199 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minions is probably going to gross more than Jurassic World too. Don't get me wrong, JW will be a success, but I don't know if it can cross 1 billion.

Fast and Furious is literally Universal's Frozen right now...Speaking of which, I would love to hear Vin Diesel sing Let it Go...

I think the gyrosphere attraction is possible..but severe alterations would need to be made to whatever ride vehicle they chose

Those gyrosphere actualy look like trackless omnomover ride vehicle. No need to have a clear back (no one looks backwards) and the ride could let you go trough a building or outside areas and stick you in movie domes like they do in Formbidden Journey. It could be a cool free roaming hybrid ride with different movies or adventures going trough diffent paths and movie sections. The foodprint won't need to be huge to get some decent ride time.

Even if it doesn't I think it comes close. My guess is in the 900-950 mill range, which is still a crap ton of money.

Exactly. Here's the thing, if you are third place in universals Francise lineup that is far from a bad thing. It's going to be ridiculously successful no matter what and it'll most likely spawn a ton of sequels for added success. If you think something is unsuccessful because it won't make a billion dollars, your standards are WAY too high

Heck, just put a clear bubble and hidden wheels on this and call or a day.

antique_cars1.jpg

I was originally thinking the same thing.... without the picture and maybe water based.

As long as they keep it to a 4 person-ish RV where only your party is with you. Could you imagine being trapped in a tiny bubble with a group of some of the "less fresh" tourists you don't know?

Based on that short movie clip i seen, would be a nice ride, something simular to gringotts style coaster but a motion vehicle in a tube with a coaster track surrounded by all water through sorts at a stable speed with vehicle affects, only to shoot out on an adventure with land prehistoric animals and such.

So many opps.

Excited for the movie affect that always happens with Universal. Chris Pratt should only help!

I was originally thinking the same thing.... without the picture and maybe water based.

As long as they keep it to a 4 person-ish RV where only your party is with you. Could you imagine being trapped in a tiny bubble with a group of some of the "less fresh" tourists you don't know?
Just so it doesn't smell as bad as WDW's monorails.

Got some photos of the construction progress of the (rumored) Raptor Meet & Greet. More pics posted here too.

It's looking like what Teebin posted a couple weeks ago is true for sure. I could see a big half-circle of supports, directly behind the Triceratops rock. And they look very Jurassic Park in style. Plus, the existing JP electric fencing is still up in the background, leftover from Trike Encounter, so already looking well themed.

P1030732-1024x768.jpg

P1030722-1024x768.jpg

P1030720-1024x768.jpg

P1030727-1024x768.jpg

It looks like the beams go pretty much all the way to the ground.
P1030725-1024x768.jpg

P1030718-1024x768.jpg

P1030717-1024x768.jpg

They're making quick work of this project. I'm hoping they're done within 41 days, when Jurassic World hits theaters. More pics on my blog, and hope you don't mind, but I posted the image you made showing where the project was going to be, Teebin. (As always, pics taken only from guest areas.)

Plus, the existing JP electric fencing is still up in the background, leftover from Trike Encounter, so already looking well themed.

Yeah, I purposefully left out how clever they are using existing set pieces. I believe the double gate which is attached to the electric fence is being kept as well. Wouldn't it be a cool nod if there was a motorcycle parked somewhere off to the side, ready to go with a "Reserved for Owen Grady" sign.

Last edited:
Yeah, I purposefully left out how clever they are using existing set pieces. I believe the double gate which is attached to the electric fence is being kept as well. Wouldn't it be a cool nod if there was a motorcycle parked somewhere off to the side, ready to go with a "Reserved for Owen Grady" sign.
Yes, the gate in the fence is still there on the left, leading to the employee only area you marked on the image, so that's perfect!

And OMG, are you messing with me about the motorcycle? Are you making that up? Or is that something you heard?

Is the old monitoring station from the Trike queue going to be accessible again in any way?

I have already replied to this question once but I will again.

While it is possible logistically for them to open the remaining paths, I believe it would cost them $100-300K to bring the buildings and contents up to theme park snuff. They would also need to install a cut-back path so that what remains, loops back to the beginning.

The true loop to the Trike buildings wouldn't work any longer as that will now be backstage for this new show.

Does anyone have a link to or copy of the original JP plans from 1998-99? I am looking for a high res version of the below plans. If you have a PDF vector version that would be even better!

ioa_g_5_1.png

I searched like crazy and came up with nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.