Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s certainly nothing original coming and no reason to believe IPs won’t continue to come.
I mean, I'm going off on a tangent but I picture them tearing out the stunt show in HS and doing something Pixar related

Then Indy could be the headliner of the rumored Brazil expansion

I mean, I'm going off on a tangent but I picture them tearing out the stunt show in HS and doing something Pixar related

Indy fits DHS much better imo. It would also have more land for a mini land rather than just a ride.

Also, at this point I think we have to assume Brazil is off the table anyway.

Whatever happened to them giving the stunt show an update? Weren't they supposed to strip away all the fake filmmaking aspect of the show?

Whatever happened to them giving the stunt show an update? Weren't they supposed to strip away all the fake filmmaking aspect of the show?

The last semi-credible rumor was from last year, and it indicated that the stunt show would be modestly updated sometime in 2021 to tie into the 40th anniversary of RAIDERS and the release of INDY V (which, at that time, was still slated to come out in 2021). There was talk of creating a small market area for additional merchandise and food & bev options, as well.

None of this seems on the agenda anymore (at least for 2021).

The last semi-credible rumor was from last year, and it indicated that the stunt show would be modestly updated sometime in 2021 to tie into the 40th anniversary of RAIDERS and the release of INDY V (which, at that time, was still slated to come out in 2021)
Unrelated to Dinoland, but I don't see how they justify INDY V when Harrison is nearly 80 years old. Then again, Tom cruise is nearly sixty and he's still jumping off buildings.

A new Indy land would be great, it will have a non movie location and it's about his nephew who once found a high heeled shoe that was lost by a raptor with a blue spot around her eye. Masterfully shoehorned into AK by imagineering for 1 billion dollar.

I can get behind shrinking Dinoland and the Dino-Rama section becoming South America or Australia. As a matter of fact, if it became Australia, Nemo actually makes *slightly* more thematic sense

I would like something Australia but they could do just a dark ride going walkabout. Maybe build WDW's first scoop ride. Australia is awesome enough that it doesn't need any IP. I've often thought that a flying theater (doesn't have to be FoP level) with the Great Barrier Reef could be really nice.

Indy fits DHS much better imo. It would also have more land for a mini land rather than just a ride.

Also, at this point I think we have to assume Brazil is off the table anyway.
I would LOVE a mini land in DHS as well...Epcot was purely a throwing it out there sort of situation

IDK probably dead haha

Why put it in Epcot, where it wouldn't make any thematic sense, when you've got two parks to put it in that don't require any thematic compromise at all?
latest

Olaf is part of a long Disney tradition of comic relief sidekicks that feel somewhat incongruous with the more heavy thematic ideas being addressed. Sometimes it works better than others.

The most egregious examples, of course, are the gargoyles in THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME; it's a testament to how great the great stuff in that movie is that the gargoyles don't totally destroy the movie's effectiveness.

Olaf is part of a long Disney tradition of comic relief sidekicks that feel somewhat incongruous with the more heavy thematic ideas being addressed. Sometimes it works better than others.

The most egregious examples, of course, are the gargoyles in THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME; it's a testament to how great the great stuff in that movie is that the gargoyles don't totally destroy the movie's effectiveness.
They are definitely in Olaf territory...he's nothing new

Status
Not open for further replies.