Next Attraction To Go? | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd say the first few are probably comparable, yea.

But 5-7 are on a whole different plane

Haha... Plane...
9536C72D-94F8-4747-B412-41A580DE9968_zpsjs2mdqr5.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Personally the franchise started getting good at 4, I never understood the hate for that movie. Can'r wait to see 7 sometime this week.

My understanding of the FnF attraction at USH is that it will be 2-3 separate showrooms with different types of experiences in each showroom. I'm not sure how it'll all piece together, but it's supposedly going to be much more extreme than Kong 360.

As far as attractions finally making like a tree and getting out of here, should we expect one or more attractions to go down before Kong opens? I'm starting to shiver with anticipation.

Personally the franchise started getting good at 4, I never understood the hate for that movie. Can'r wait to see 7 sometime this week.
I guess to enjoy the films you've got to be really into your effect and action, and have no interest in there being a worthwhile storyline!

I guess to enjoy the films you've got to be really into your effect and action, and have no interest in there being a worthwhile storyline!

Sorry, but this is patently false. The stories of these aren't highbrow, but they're no worse than the plethora of Marvel movies or the majority of other action films.

Isn't that the case in most action genre films? Even the superhero/Marvel films have less story line & character development than the comics. It's escapism.

While being fun films that are growing in popularity, if you think the record-breaking opening of Furious 7 had nothing to do with Paul Walker's death, you're either lying to yourself or you're a bit naive. Why did The Dark Knight do so well, while its predecessor (Batman Begins) only did "okay" in comparison? For numerous reasons (better film, better story, better and more familiar villains, mostly involving the Joker, etc.), but most importantly of all was the fact that Heath Ledger died before its release and that fueled the box-office buzz. Had he not passed away when he did, The Dark Knight would have pushed him to the absolute top of the super-stardom stratosphere. Yes, I realize that The Dark Knight Rises actually surpassed TDK in earnings (though not by much in total worldwide grosses), it had an aggressive marketing campaign, 2 more solid villains, the buzz of The Dark Knight to run on and the well-known fact that this was the last Nolan Batman.

It will be interesting to see where F&F 8 sits in the earnings lineup when it hits in 2 years.

Universal is terribly overdue for a F&F ride. Why they've waited this long to build one is beyond me. I'm hoping for a fast-moving ride that's not a simulator (roller coaster, Test Track-type ride system, etc.) like others have mentioned on here, however, I'll be grateful for whatever new hotness they end up building. I'm eager to hear about and eventually experience the new F&F experience in Hollywood once it opens!

While being fun films that are growing in popularity, if you think the record-breaking opening of Furious 7 had nothing to do with Paul Walker's death, you're either lying to yourself or you're a bit naive. Why did The Dark Knight do so well, while its predecessor (Batman Begins) only did "okay" in comparison? For numerous reasons (better film, better story, better and more familiar villains, mostly involving the Joker, etc.), but most importantly of all was the fact that Heath Ledger died before its release and that fueled the box-office buzz. Had he not passed away when he did, The Dark Knight would have pushed him to the absolute top of the super-stardom stratosphere. Yes, I realize that The Dark Knight Rises actually surpassed TDK in earnings (though not by much in total worldwide grosses), it had an aggressive marketing campaign, 2 more solid villains, the buzz of The Dark Knight to run on and the well-known fact that this was the last Nolan Batman.

It will be interesting to see where F&F 8 sits in the earnings lineup when it hits in 2 years.

Universal is terribly overdue for a F&F ride. Why they've waited this long to build one is beyond me. I'm hoping for a fast-moving ride that's not a simulator (roller coaster, Test Track-type ride system, etc.) like others have mentioned on here, however, I'll be grateful for whatever new hotness they end up building. I'm eager to hear about and eventually experience the new F&F experience in Hollywood once it opens!

Walker's death definitely played a part, but the franchise has been getting more and more popular as well. I won't be surprised if 8 makes over 160 mil opening weekend.

I think the IP I have wanted the most in the parks for the past couple of years if Furious. I have loved all the movies and will be very excited if they finally go through with it.

Semi related to current topic: T2:3D had employees taking surveys when guests exited the attraction. It ask specifically about the pre-show and robotics in the main auditorium being outdated, and rather the attraction was a Universal Classic, or something that did not meet expectations from what you would expect from Universal.

Also mentioned the release of Terminator Genesis, and if the ride should be updated with a new storyline based off of that, or if the existing story should stay just with updated 3D, etc.

Big oops on my part... that is a fake creation of Touring Plans posted on Twitter for an article. Duh, and I didn't even notice that the timeframe listed is 15 minutes.

The brilliant Derek Burgan strikes again! ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Semi related to current topic: T2:3D had employees taking surveys when guests exited the attraction. It ask specifically about the pre-show and robotics in the main auditorium being outdated, and rather the attraction was a Universal Classic, or something that did not meet expectations from what you would expect from Universal.

Also mentioned the release of Terminator Genesis, and if the ride should be updated with a new storyline based off of that, or if the existing story should stay just with updated 3D, etc.

Saw T2 today and no surveys. It seems the film print was refreshed in the last few weeks, it looks great!

I hope they keep T2:3D. I miss it in Hollywood and it's the coolest 3D show around. It just needs an update.