Port of Entry Bridge | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Port of Entry Bridge

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just when I think I know everything about the parks in central Florida, something else pops up. I had no idea this area existed! Wish it was opened to the public. It looks like a nice viewing area for a fireworks show.

Just when I think I know everything about the parks in central Florida, something else pops up. I had no idea this area existed! Wish it was opened to the public. It looks like a nice viewing area for a fireworks show.

It is open to the public if you know how to get there and you unlock it :thumbs:

I got up on the bridge with a friend back in July. Everything was unlocked and no one bothered us the whole time until we went back down. The Navigator's Club is actually a private meeting area that's in another room that branches off of the one leading to the bridge. It was locked. It looked like a 19th century study full of squashy armchairs and bookcases. The room that leads to the Club and the bridge is like a little foyer that has a couple sofas and a bookcase stocked with Florida state law books.

On the other side of the bridge there is a locked door and a small wooden staircase that looks like it's just decoration. It was beyond a low fence so we didn't dare go there. We stayed for about five minutes, took pictures and enjoyed the view. I was kind of scared to peer over the edge of the bridge in case a security guard looked up and saw! It was just incredible.

I would love to go up there one day. I can understand why they don't want people up there. Besides the fact that it's a private area, it would just look bad to see people walking on the bridge. But still, those views are unreal.

I have been in the Navigator's Club using the metal gate that leads to a sort of atrium with stairs and an elevator that lead to a 2nd floor window, but I can't find a way to actually get on the bridge, so I'm confused. Help? :3

I have been in the Navigator's Club using the metal gate that leads to a sort of atrium with stairs and an elevator that lead to a 2nd floor window, but I can't find a way to actually get on the bridge, so I'm confused. Help? :3

The area inside the metal gates is under no circumstances off limits; It's the stroller parking area for Confisco's. Anyone can go there.

If I remember correctly, once you go upstairs, theres a small landing with one window. In front of you is a door that, if unlocked, you can go through to enter the foyer I talked about before. From this room are two doors, one leading to the Navigator's Club and the other to the bridge. That final door was actually open wide when I went up there, but the other leading to the indoor room was locked tight. Hope that helps. :thumbs:

Reactions: violarum
I will definitely have to check this out next time I'm at IoA... Sounds like it would be fantastic to go up there one winter morning with a cinabon and some hot chocolate and just watch the park as it "woke up"... Ahh, bliss... The one room would be an AWESOME place to have a hotel room... My theme park dream xD...

From today:

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg

the main thing about the bridge is that you can get upstairs whether or not the navigator's club gate is open. Just go inside Confisco, and turn right into their stroller parking. That is where the stairs/elevator are located, and up you go!

Whenever I went up there, it was on a rainy day. No disruptions or anything. It was really peaceful. I went again that night with my camera... Nearly got thrown out. It was closing time, and security was rounding up the guests, but I went up there as I was leaving kind of as a spur of the moment decision since I had my camera this time. Well, here comes Security and they walk up the stairs as I am heading down. I was kind of like "Oh, hi!" and the lady was very, very angry. She took me to the guy in charge and he let me off, thank God. It was the most frightening thing ever though. So yeah, I guess you can go up there as long as everyone's busy lol

Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

The IOA security guys I encountered when I was staying late taking pictures last month were pretty unpleasant. I was up at the LC/Suess transition trying to get a good picture when all of a sudden I hear "Ok, that's enough, this is your last picture and get moving!" I heard them grumbling as I caught up to the pack of tourists that were lingering closer to the Port of Entry which allowed me a few more pictures. It seems they're in a hurry to get everyone out. Very different experience to Disney, where they'll usually politely chat and even be sure to stay out of your way when you're staying late for pictures.