Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Port of Entry Bridge

The IOA security guys I encountered when I was staying late taking pictures last month were pretty unpleasant. I was up at the LC/Suess transition trying to get a good picture when all of a sudden I hear "Ok, that's enough, this is your last picture and get moving!" I heard them grumbling as I caught up to the pack of tourists that were lingering closer to the Port of Entry which allowed me a few more pictures. It seems they're in a hurry to get everyone out. Very different experience to Disney, where they'll usually politely chat and even be sure to stay out of your way when you're staying late for pictures.

MY only experience with security like that was grand opening of harry potter... around 11:55pm when they were finally kicking us guests out... I went ahead to get a good shot of the arch with the opening stuff on it and was told last photo and to keep moving on...

Disney doesn't have the special events that Universal has on a regular basis. Universal is bought out for events more often than you would ever think and it might not excuse being rude about it, but it does explain the firmness of demand.

I personally hate rudeness to an almost ridiculous level, but I have to say I've never had an unpleasant experience with security themselves. Back in my first WWoHP visit (which I don't really count as such anymore), I was being completely absentminded and accidentally did something stupid, landing me in the security office somewhere behind Marvel, I think? (Fun fact-- there is this huge Hulk statue just standing there, next to the office which is in an un-air conditioned building. I still don't know why that was there.)

Anyway, they were really cool and understanding and while it was their job to do something about it, they gave me the absolute minimum they could (a year's ban), gave me lots of band-aids and offered me water, all while joking around and sharing a few bits of trivia.

They made a very crappy situation a lot less crappy than it could have been, so I'm biased.

I personally hate rudeness to an almost ridiculous level, but I have to say I've never had an unpleasant experience with security themselves. Back in my first WWoHP visit (which I don't really count as such anymore), I was being completely absentminded and accidentally did something stupid, landing me in the security office somewhere behind Marvel, I think? (Fun fact-- there is this huge Hulk statue just standing there, next to the office which is in an un-air conditioned building. I still don't know why that was there.)

Anyway, they were really cool and understanding and while it was their job to do something about it, they gave me the absolute minimum they could (a year's ban), gave me lots of band-aids and offered me water, all while joking around and sharing a few bits of trivia.

They made a very crappy situation a lot less crappy than it could have been, so I'm biased.

You're making us wonder just what you accidently did in potter that landed you in a years ban... if you don't mind talking about it.

I know it's probably an interesting tale, but you don't need to share it publicly if feel uncomfortable with sharing it.

ravenclawdia;274099? (Fun fact-- there is this huge Hulk statue just standing there said:
They like to bring that statue out for catered events. If you are in the park while they are preparing for an event you can see it.

I saw that statue to the right, right before the final brake run on the Hulk coaster. Only time I've ever seen it.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but in going up with my sister and her boyfriend next Tuesday and planned to check out the bridge first thing. Do you guys think we'll get in trouble for being up there? We're teenagers so I feel like it's borderline pushing it... If the doors unlocked I'd like to show them the view though...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but in going up with my sister and her boyfriend next Tuesday and planned to check out the bridge first thing. Do you guys think we'll get in trouble for being up there? We're teenagers so I feel like it's borderline pushing it... If the doors unlocked I'd like to show them the view though...

I don't believe you will get into trouble. Don't look around suspiciously when you find the gate open... just go right up the stairs. I also would not recommend looking over the side when you get to the top. Try the doors at the top to see if they are open, if they are, just enter and explore... that way there is less of a chance you will be discovered. That said, hopefully the rooms won't be in use. After that, go out onto the bridge and look around. If someone comes and asks you to leave, just play dumb that you thought it was part of the park, and say sorry.

Last edited:
It's a secret!

It's near the BEETLE BAILEY store in Toon Lagoon, on the side of the building. You'll see a little gated path that leads to a set of double glass doors. Inside there's a VIP lounge with some pictures of Olive Oyl on the walls and some funky furniture. I THINK the lounge was originally for King Features employees.

Don't tell anyone! :)

^ aaah... I found it. Never knew it was there. The blue awning must be the vicinity but I have no idea what the green awning is all about. Perhaps a viewing area for blutos?

The more you know [star]

The blue awning is it. The green thing is nothing - maybe a storage area or power box.

Checked out the Toon Lagoon Bathroom/Lounge. Very nice. Went up to the bridge this morning, but the doors were locked, and while I could justify walking through doors that were pushed to, but not closed and certainly not locked, I couldn't justify walking through a locked door while on a family vacation 9 hours from home. I didn't want to risk getting kicked out for unlocking a door and going where I shouldn't be. But it's surprisingly easy to get up to this location.

I don't recommend you do that, it is for employee access only, and usually the only people who use it are security and tech services. Navigator's is also frequently rented out for events, so don't be surprised if the area is unavailable.

Everyone in this thread knows it's meant for employees only but the doors are frequently unlocked. Even if I didn't frequent these boards, I'd be inclined to explore an unlocked area - there are no signs, so how is one supposed to know they aren't supposed to be in this area? If I were Universal, I'd lock these doors and/or put up a sign. Otherwise you're asking for an unsuspecting guest to wander up. It's funny, I had a similar situation occur at USF last time I was there, my cousin opened an unmarked door in the New York section straight into one of the kitchens, and immediately closed it. Non guest areas should be differentiated... But I can see how it'd be a hassle for employees which is why I don't go past locked doors.