Springfield | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That might have been implied a few times already bud ;)

And as a heads up, if you have a sense that someone knows "more than the rest", it's best to not bring TOO much attention to it on the forums. If you have a question that pertains to that, it's best to ask personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chris
damn... he also said commented on The Cantina  topic saying " to go now!" if your planing to eat there. he knows to much :)  *cue x files music*

That might have been implied a few times already bud ;)

And as a heads up, if you have a sense that someone knows "more than the rest", it's best to not bring TOO much attention to it on the forums. If you have a question that pertains to that, it's best to ask personally.
alright got it... Didn't really know about le rules around here. But thanks for the heads up.

As it stands, it looks like most of the venues will be held under one roof - similar to the current setup in Florida. There might be a few separate venues (mostly held in existing structures), but everything looks mashed in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's what it looks like it'll be like. Maybe the "separate" venues will be things like the Taco truck and Lard Lads like in Florida? I wonder if Louie's will be saved. Probably not, itll be too out of place as the only non Springfield eatery in the immediate area.

Although personally I'd leave Louie's as is for now, since the neighboring SES will eventually be a future new attraction, and Louie's could in the future double as a tie in restaurant, gift shop, or even an extension of the new queue or show building?

well there walls up now around catina , doc browns and near the starway where they had the carnival games, so can we be expecting an official announcement soon?

This is what I imagine springfield's layout would be and im sure most of us have this exact same angle pictured

I cant seem to post the picture but I kind of see a slightly diagnal angle taking place going from where kwic e mart is all the way to where flinstones is

I went to the park today to get a look at all of the construction. The Cantina, Doc Brown's Cinnabon,  and the area where that balloon popping game was by the escalator have been walled off. Also, the first half of the Simpsons queue has been entirely walled off suggesting that we will be getting the carnival games after all.

Reactions: JaySalahi
I wonder what the entrance will look like with carnival games flanked on either side. I can't imagine this would be an improvement, but I guess I'll reserve judgment until they release the final product.

I'm a bit surprised by all the construction though.

I went to the park today to get a look at all of the construction. The Cantina, Doc Brown's Cinnabon,  and the area where that balloon popping game was by the escalator have been walled off. Also, the first half of the Simpsons queue has been entirely walled off suggesting that we will be getting the carnival games after all.
Welp, after so much bickering about taking it to Despicable Me, they actually went with Plan B: copy Florida.

I still imagine SSFL will have at least one new booth based on the rocket game from the original movie. It's too obvious not to include.

Welp, after so much bickering about taking it to Despicable Me, they actually went with Plan B: copy Florida.

I still imagine SSFL will have at least one new booth based on the rocket game from the original movie. It's too obvious not to include.
this is true. SSFL is getting SOME carnival type games, but looks like simpsons will be getting the majority.

I recognize that we will have the Simpsons for some time now, but I do like thinking ahead.  As I am more interested in the town of Springfield as a living character, I do look forward to the placemaking efforts.  Anyway, if Universal Creative chooses to repurpose the building again, I was thinking that it might be a fun throwback to create a Battlestar Galactica attraction based on the contemporary series.  Something like Soarin, but more updated (as show in the standing Flyboard from Dynamic Motion Rides), but with a theme of battling cylons from earth, in order to safely assist the Galactica in landing on Earth, the 13th colony.  Honestly, I did not watch the new show, but Universal needs a legitimate sci-fi franchise badly.  Would work fine if they want to use Star Trek as well, or something coming up from Legendary films.  I recognize there is a lot of work to be done on the building and queue, but if salvaging the structure is possible, these are my two cents.  Anyone who watched BSG willing to take the idea further?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgETdy_5Wec

I am a BSG fan of the new series.  I also experienced the BSG attraction on the tour in the late 80's.  Not sure if this franchise would happen plus with the thoughts of a film coming in the future.  I know the film has been put off for a while in favor of some more comic movies.  Sci-Fi is sadly, dying.

I think that photo is capturing the right hand side of the queue. I'm guessing they kept the left side open for Gate A since the sign still points to the old entrance:

The normal gate A entrance is closed. They have it set up a little differently.

I'm know that was a horrible explanation. Next time I go to the park, I'll take a picture and post it.