Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

To be fair to @rhino4evr, it was you that said you hope the line gets to 10 hours
Yes absolutely and I acknowledged that, but then saying I “hope it fails to teach them a lesson” is just not what I said and putting words into my mouth. Would I smirk a tiny bit knowing Bob Chapek is disappointed or nervous about this week, based on his cockiness (and Disney’s) handling of SWGE, doesn’t mean I’m rooting against it or the land as a whole. So I want to clarify that.

I guess my main point with Rhino is whenever someone brings up the struggles this ride is going to have they tend to go back to “Oh it’s the usual suspects complaining and dumping on Disney again”, like, the ride might not be operating well at the start? That’s really all anyone has been saying or reporting here, so I’m not sure why they continue to say that. No complaints, it’s just a fact. My source hasn’t explicitly told me there’s issues going on but she’s alluded to it a few times saying “Rides of this scale don’t open without problems. Ground breaking rides are ground breaking for a reason”, so again, I’m not sure why they think we’re rooting against it when we’re just not. That’s my main point. Maybe some are, but I’m certainly not.

I'm extremely excited for this to open! I remember the days reading about this ride initially and that gave me goosebumps. Now, we are just a few days away to see the magic that Disney has created over the past several years. I can't wait to experience this attraction with the focus on the storytelling and immersion into the Star Wars universe. From what I've heard, there is no panic from the opening team as testing has gone accordingly. Yes, this is a complicated ride system, and I'm thankful for Disney pushing the limits and anticipate the product they are putting out. To say that there are going to be issues...every ride has issues especially at opening. This is nothing different than any other ride opening with typical delays to be expected. What we have here is a full experience to really encompass being in a Star Wars story. Thank you to Disney for making this happen and I look forward to riding.

I'm extremely excited for this to open! I remember the days reading about this ride initially and that gave me goosebumps. Now, we are just a few days away to see the magic that Disney has created over the past several years. I can't wait to experience this attraction with the focus on the storytelling and immersion into the Star Wars universe. From what I've heard, there is no panic from the opening team as testing has gone accordingly. Yes, this is a complicated ride system, and I'm thankful for Disney pushing the limits and anticipate the product they are putting out. To say that there are going to be issues...every ride has issues especially at opening. This is nothing different than any other ride opening with typical delays to be expected. What we have here is a full experience to really encompass being in a Star Wars story. Thank you to Disney for making this happen and I look forward to riding.
Question is, will it be you unique Star Wars story and will other things you did in the land effect you in the ride?

in which thread?!??

I can’t l find it now. It was in main Rise thread. They must have deleted the comments. Hmmm.

edit:

found this on MiceChat though

The promotional video looked fairly exciting when I saw it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxBq...ature=youtu.be

But you know how dramatic they like things to look. After all...it's a promo. (By the way, that video was shot on "Life Day" at Disneyland's SWGE. And the guests were actors). So how does actually being on the ride compare? Well, it doesn't. I won't go into details because we're not supposed to until after it opens at WDW in a few days. But the ride is absolutely amazing. There were those (many in fact) who deemed SWGE a huge failure. But this ride changes everything. When I left the ride my mind was still processing what I had just gone through. I was floored.
There will be one huge negative though...demand is going to be epic. WDW will have to figure out how to manage the crowds because their ride opens during the busy holiday season. Fortunately for Disneyland, ours opens during the slowest time of the year for the park. And we have the advantage of watching how Florida handles things to get an idea of what works and what doesn't. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Boarding Pass coming into play for us here in Anaheim.

Riding this for the first time for the first few days is going to suck with all the bloggers and their cameras and phones out and no doubt overly excited voice overs.
I liked my first ride on Smuggler's Run cause I knew everyone in the cabin. This will not be the same situation...

As with all opening day attractions, expect to only hear WHOOOOAAAAA in all POV videos from everyone riding. Good luck hearing any of the ride audio lol.

I can’t l find it now. It was in main Rise thread. They must have deleted the comments. Hmmm.

edit:

found this on MiceChat though

The promotional video looked fairly exciting when I saw it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxBq...ature=youtu.be

But you know how dramatic they like things to look. After all...it's a promo. (By the way, that video was shot on "Life Day" at Disneyland's SWGE. And the guests were actors). So how does actually being on the ride compare? Well, it doesn't. I won't go into details because we're not supposed to until after it opens at WDW in a few days. But the ride is absolutely amazing. There were those (many in fact) who deemed SWGE a huge failure. But this ride changes everything. When I left the ride my mind was still processing what I had just gone through. I was floored.
There will be one huge negative though...demand is going to be epic. WDW will have to figure out how to manage the crowds because their ride opens during the busy holiday season. Fortunately for Disneyland, ours opens during the slowest time of the year for the park. And we have the advantage of watching how Florida handles things to get an idea of what works and what doesn't. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Boarding Pass coming into play for us here in Anaheim.
Ya I’m expecting this to be a knock out hit, now question is whether or not it drives attendance up. I’m thinking it will because everything I hear is that it’s A+ but the land has gotten lots of negative press, so excited to see what the actual ride through/experience looks like! I’ve been hearing so much for so long I just can’t wait. There are a few more AAs I don’t think people are really aware of yet either unless you’ve gone into deep spoilers.

Trust me everyone (although you really have no reason to lol), if you enjoy any dark ride this is likely going to be the most immersive one you’ve ever been on. I’d be shocked if there are bad reviews of this ride other than “It didn’t work which sucked and ruined my experience” type sh!t. God I’m excited

Found the post on Magic.

Had the chance to do a full ride through. There is no wonder they are pulling out nostops for this. I may be a little biased, but I have had my fair share of chances to go through different types of entertainment experiences early. This is easily the best.

Several incredible moments, but there are three “did I just see that?” moments that will be talked about for a long time.

I hear the Rise of the Resistance opening ceremony is going to be pretty interesting. | Page 17 | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

and in reply to what the three wow moments were they said:

Lightsaber, Escape, At-At..

I mean, I'm not a fan of his videos, but pulling something like that would make this site no better than TPR.

Have fun to all who can ride! I look forward to experiencing this in over a month when this opens in my backyard.
what did he do?

Found the post on Magic.

Had the chance to do a full ride through. There is no wonder they are pulling out nostops for this. I may be a little biased, but I have had my fair share of chances to go through different types of entertainment experiences early. This is easily the best.

Several incredible moments, but there are three “did I just see that?” moments that will be talked about for a long time.

I hear the Rise of the Resistance opening ceremony is going to be pretty interesting. | Page 17 | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

and in reply to what the three wow moments were they said:

Lightsaber, Escape, At-At..
Shocked they didn't mention another potential WOW moment, but I'm not sure how to use a spoiler tag lol so I don't want to say what it could be. Ah well, will have to see.

View attachment 11265
Just click on the ‘plus’ symbol and then click spoiler underneath :thumbsup::toast:
Thanks very much! With that being said...

I think that the Kylo scenes should also be WOW moments. I guess that includes the Lightsaber. According to 1 poster on magic, they seemed to indicate that that very scene was not very impressive, or at least compared to the commercial. Which is to be expected on some level as they compared it to a Ligthsaber you could get at the gift shop. But we shall see on that.
The other scenes would be the final Kylo encounter, and a scene where Kylo "chases" you, its more a simulated chase but done with mix of physical and practical effects to make it truly look like Kylo is coming for your vehicle. I have absolutely no info on how that works or what it looks like, but it sounds insanely impressive to me. Id have to go back and look but I believe this happens not long after the lightsaber coming through the ceiling scene occurs, but I'm trying to sorta not remember the entire layout for when I ride lol, I just know the things to expect.

Thanks very much! With that being said...

I think that the Kylo scenes should also be WOW moments. I guess that includes the Lightsaber. According to 1 poster on magic, they seemed to indicate that that very scene was not very impressive, or at least compared to the commercial. Which is to be expected on some level as they compared it to a Ligthsaber you could get at the gift shop. But we shall see on that.
The other scenes would be the final Kylo encounter, and a scene where Kylo "chases" you, its more a simulated chase but done with mix of physical and practical effects to make it truly look like Kylo is coming for your vehicle. I have absolutely no info on how that works or what it looks like, but it sounds insanely impressive to me. Id have to go back and look but I believe this happens not long after the lightsaber coming through the ceiling scene occurs, but I'm trying to sorta not remember the entire layout for when I ride lol, I just know the things to expect.

The Kylo chasing effect is accomplished by having a flat cutout of Kylo on a dolly track propel toward you as you're backing away. The flat cutout has projection mapping on it to make it animated. And his hands are real with a physical lightsaber in one of them, so there is some 3-dimension to it. With the lighting, projected imagery and speed of him gaining on you, it should be one of those "how did they do that" moments the first time you ride.
At least, that's my understanding of it anyway.

EDIT:
It happens right before the elevator... he jumps on top of the elevator after you get in and then slams the lightsaber down through the roof.

The Kylo chasing effect is accomplished by having a flat cutout of Kylo on a dolly track propel toward you as you're backing away. The flat cutout has projection mapping on it to make it animated. And his hands are real with a physical lightsaber in one of them, so there is some 3-dimension to it. With the lighting, projected imagery and speed of him gaining on you, it should be one of those "how did they do that" moments the first time you ride.
At least, that's my understanding of it anyway.

EDIT:
It happens right before the elevator... he jumps on top of the elevator after you get in and then slams the lightsaber down through the roof.

Ya, thats essentially how it was described to me as well. A poster on on Magic described it as "Blurring the lines between screen and physical sets, its unreal." When I initially heard the entire run through of the ride, this sounded the most impressive to me and something that no ride has seen before. Was surprised we didn't see that as a "Wow" moment but also to each their own. Its one of the parts I am most excited about.