The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attractions Magazine posted a pic from what I believe is from the same helicopter tour as their last photo from a few pages back, but still interesting nonetheless.

ibc9KnejnmMx4S.jpg

But it shows additional slips in between the ones already there

I have the plans right before me and it shows no additional 'slips'. The outlines are exactly what is present now. As someone stated, this is just a grading plan. New grading outlines for the dock land area are near exactly the same as the old.

I am really impressed on how quickly Universal is working here. It makes Disney look like a turtle in comparison.

Have we talked about how Halloween horror nights will work with the new Potter area?

oh really? I was under the impression that the holidays did not touch the "frozen in time" Wizarding World.

They decorate Hogsmeade for Christmas. Halloween was a big deal in the books. I imagine Halloween decorations will come eventually, they'll just require approval from JKR/WB (something that has held up an official WWoHP Christmas tree).

I don't know any "inside" information, but I have read the licensing agreement. There's nothing preventing HHN from happening in WWoHP as long as WB/JKR get their fair share. Now, whether or not Universal feels like sharing the wealth of HHN, we'll see. As a fan, Diagon Alley under Death Eater siege (ala Half-Blood Prince) is intriguing and exciting.

I honestly don't think HHN crowds should have access to WWOHP just yet. You can get in for as cheap as $30 on some weekends and that shouldn't be enough cash to see all the houses and attractions in both parks, including Potter. If they're considering it, they should wait another year or two.

I honestly don't think HHN crowds should have access to WWOHP just yet. You can get in for as cheap as $30 on some weekends and that shouldn't be enough cash to see all the houses and attractions in both parks, including Potter. If they're considering it, they should wait another year or two.

I concur.

HHN has become an overcrowded mess in my opinion. Not nearly as fun as it used to be. I miss the good ol days when I could walk under the Kong attraction.

I can't imagine how they would work the theme in any of the Potter areas. They are crowded as is. I guesss a "scare zone" could work, but I just see it being a major traffic issue. Im fine with them extending the temporary bridge and closing Potter all togehter in IOA. Im sure they will be able to rope off London once it's opened.

With Potter coming to USF it opens up an entire other Halloween aspect that Universal may or may not try, a family event. MNNSHP makes a killing and with Potter reopening that family window they could make a case of trying it. As many have stated the holidays are a big part of Potter so why not a kid friendly halloween event around that. It would be small at first to see if it worked and obviously on nights where HHN is not going on. Its a longshot but its possible.

With Potter coming to USF it opens up an entire other Halloween aspect that Universal may or may not try, a family event. MNNSHP makes a killing and with Potter reopening that family window they could make a case of trying it. As many have stated the holidays are a big part of Potter so why not a kid friendly halloween event around that. It would be small at first to see if it worked and obviously on nights where HHN is not going on. Its a longshot but its possible.

Family Halloween event on the weekday nights there is no HHN. Makes sense to me.

I think that makes a lot of sense, and it can be sold as a seperate IOA event with HHN being kept pure in USF. You'd see the Potter and Seuss takes on Halloween, and the kids could interact with the Superheros in MSHI.

Now do you mean WWOHP East or WWOHP West?

East but the West wouldn't be far behind if it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.