The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really impressed on how quickly Universal is working here. It makes Disney look like a turtle in comparison.

Seriously...but Disney's projects lately seem to be put under the budget of several years, instead of all in 1-2 years, which is part of the reason. Still, Disney's work is definitely slloooooowwww

I don't know enough about Potter, but maybe they're talking in terms of the Potter world? :shrug:

No, I just meant in terms of WWOHP when you're standing in Citywalk and you choose your destination. :lol: IOA would be WWOHP West and USF would be WWOHP East.

Ha :lol: I was talking about East Coast and West Coast. I had Potter nation wide on my mind.

Here's a picture I took today at the construction area.

DSC_0111.jpg

I think they might do what they did to the old castle wall when potter was in construction. I think it might be similar, but a more modern theme since that would be in the front on the London side.

Here's a picture I took today at the construction area.

Very cool! Thanks for that pic! :rep:

The wood-deck look isn't really London, so it was almost a given that the wood part would be gone. I love the progress being made here! :D

Well, that answers my question from two days ago... the old pilings are gone and they are DEMOLISHING the concrete jut-outs! I do hope they change the shape of the shoreline. :look:

Same here! Hopefully they'll pour some concrete and extend out into the water, at least as far as the decks were. And make it look good! :)

Thinking back to what Disneyhead said a few weeks ago, I believe they are going to merely clean up and resurface these concrete jut-outs and put rails around. As Disneyhead said, this is prime real estate for watching the nighttime show. So forget my idea about reshaping the dock area right now. The show is coming in a matter of weeks as opposed to months and months... i think.

Thinking back to what Disneyhead said a few weeks ago, I believe they are going to merely clean up and resurface these concrete jut-outs and put rails around. As Disneyhead said, this is prime real estate for watching the nighttime show. So forget my idea about reshaping the dock area right now. The show is coming in a matter of weeks as opposed to months and months... i think.

But this is just a small area and there's still plenty of other viewing areas. I'd hope they keep it closed for now, work on it to adding some more concrete and making a bigger area here. But yeah, they could as well be thinking of just using that section only. I just hope for more ;-P

Does it really take thaaat long for them to pour concrete and for it to set? I think a couple of weeks would be enough time, no? I'm no concrete expert... :p

I would say keep the concrete look but paint it to look rustic (i.e. put barnacles on it with some algea and what not maybe even dock a cool looking boat on the water)
Look at the bottom of this picture that is what I'm thinking..
13-LondonBridge.jpg

I would say keep the concrete look but paint it to look rustic (i.e. put barnacles on it with some algea and what not maybe even dock a cool looking boat on the water)

I would think/hope they would go more for the grey granite (under the bridge) look; early 20th century. What was that lamp lit London walk a posted months ago? Similar and very similar to old New England cities today only more Victorian.

Status
Not open for further replies.