The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were quite busy working on this area today. I got a few pics, and also a video where you can see and hear the many backhoes at work:

IMAG0614.jpg

IMAG0616.jpg

IMAG0623.jpg

IMAG0626.jpg

Cellphone cam video walking through the walled area (very shaky, sorry! I wasn't trying... I just shot as I walked :p)

^ You gotta click it to see the video on Photobucket. It won't embed the actual video, sorry! ^

Are you kidding me? :stunned: Does Universal KNOW there's only a pile of dirt out there?

Exactly... Here's a couple cellphone pics I snapped as I was exiting the FFL Theatre:

IMAG0620.jpg

IMAG0621.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Swiminn6
Well the maintenance building and other remaining structures are now completely gone. Ground prep continues to move at a blistering rate. All the rubble from the field next to the Royal Pacific is in fact from Jaws. Seems work is moving so fast there having to move debris off site to be moved at a later date.

Just looked at some of the best pics of the site I've seen yet. The photographer must have been on someone's shoulders or something. Everything is indeed gone as HateToFly said. It's very exciting that they are moving fast with this project!

Thank you very much for the picts! PS: those are backhoes not cranes. cranes have long cables hanging off the end of their protrusion.

Right! I knew those weren't cranes, but I couldn't remember their proper name so I just called it whatever was the closest / similar machine thingy :lol:

Just looked at some of the best pics of the site I've seen yet. The photographer must have been on someone's shoulders or something. Everything is indeed gone as HateToFly said. It's very exciting that they are moving fast with this project!

Sharing is caring ;)

With the way they are moving, I would expect vertical construciton to begin within a few months. Pretty incredible that everything has been completely wiped out and the ride only closed 3 months ago. Expecting an announcement by May.

Emmit Brown, TOO FUNNY!!!!

I'm glad they are moving fast with this project. I see no reason vertical construction can't begin during the summer, at least before fall.

Last edited:
^ Yep. Infrastructure is probably going to take 3-4 months. Once the area is shmooved over and generally graded, many wooden sticks will start showing up; sticks with lil colored plastic ribbons. That is when we can all start acting as if we need to pee. :wave:

My guess, based on nothing really, is that vertical construction on Gringott's show building to begin around May.

I expect to earliest actual construction in the Amity area will be very soon along the waterfront for the Lagoon Show viewing area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7mmnaDJVBI

Just posted this morning. Nothing new at all in this video. Just the old clips of the Wizarding World in a montage that was shown before it first opened.

Awkward timing for UniversalOrlando's official youtube page to upload that video?

I would say it is just coincidence more than they are trying to tell us something, but who knows...

It is a newer youtube account but they have in fact have had a youtube account since the first official announcement of The Wizarding World. It was universalPR.

For sure it is likely coincidence and they are filling up their library. But it is kind of funny.

They also uploaded a very old and crappy HRRR video in January. Add to that the very stupid turkey leg video (who cares) and it just shows how dumpy and dumb a PR department can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.