The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After cropping and resampling the image, it looks more like washed or masons sand to me.

AmityDemo-008.jpg

From experience with sea walls, you put gravel as the base layer and then sand on top.

After cropping and resampling the image, it looks more like washed or masons sand to me.

yeah, I thought when I looked at the smaller pic, 'if that is sand then it ain't florida standard sand', but yeah, it looks like white sand on closer inspection. Also interesting that it is double boomed now. Serious business.

yeah, I thought when I looked at the smaller pic, 'if that is sand then it ain't florida standard sand', but yeah, it looks like white sand on closer inspection. Also interesting that it is double boomed now. Serious business.

Yea, Things have to get ugly before they can be pretty. Right now the only thing getting me past the nasty look of it all is the thought of what's going there and how incredible it will be. Patieeenceeeeee :tigger:

The land is pretty huge, I think it's Perfect for a B&M wing coaster. Get rid of FF for more space if need be and at IOA tear down the rest of LC for HP expansion.

The land is pretty huge, I think it's Perfect for a B&M wing coaster. Get rid of FF for more space if need be and at IOA tear down the rest of LC for HP expansion.

That would be great!

Behind Thunder Falls in Jurrassic Park...P.S. does anyone feel like this is going extremely slow lately, maybe I'm just anxious but it feels like they aren't moving as fast as Potter 1.0

That would be great!

Behind Thunder Falls in Jurrassic Park...P.S. does anyone feel like this is going extremely slow lately, maybe I'm just anxious but it feels like they aren't moving as fast as Potter 1.0

Currently, the hold up is the amount of water being displaced. The dewatering permits are now under review.

^ Were there any estimated end dates for the water suckers? I don't recall such systems on the original Potter site, and I would have noticed.

stupid side note: I love the scroll on the new mac Firefox! It has such a sexy end slide.

^ Were there any estimated end dates for the water suckers? I don't recall such systems on the original Potter site, and I would have noticed.

stupid side note: I love the scroll on the new mac Firefox! It has such a sexy end slide.

The timeline for review was 30 days, but hopefully, they won't take that long. Someone claims they are supposed to start July 15th, but I didn't see that on any document.

Ever since Dollywood opened Wild Eagle, the first B&M wing coaster in the US. It be cool to have one added in FL's collection of unique coasters. Might make a trip to Dolly in my future 5th TN visit.

Hmmm lets see,

Forceless B&M Wing Coaster thats very gimmicky or what could be the greatest dark ride ever created????

I mean come on there replacing Jaws for this. You put a wing rider in there no matter how good its themed and you have lost the respect of many fans including myself.

What I think hatetofly meant to say is, that although a coaster is a wonderful and clever idea, the vast majority of us on here are so looking forward to a world themed in immense detail, an out of doors land that we can escape to in wonder. And also an epic attraction that breaks all molds... and is recognized as a tour-de-force achievement in the world of theme parks.

TEEBIN for Congress

Reactions: Cecilia
What I think hatetofly meant to say is, that although a coaster is a wonderful and clever idea, the vast majority of us on here are so looking forward to a world themed in immense detail, an out of doors land that we can escape to in wonder. And also an epic attraction that breaks all molds... and is recognized as a tour-de-force achievement in the world of theme parks.

TEEBIN for Congress

got my vote!

Ever since Dollywood opened Wild Eagle, the first B&M wing coaster in the US. It be cool to have one added in FL's collection of unique coasters. Might make a trip to Dolly in my future 5th TN visit.

Wild Eagle was OK, if you rode a floorless coaster or Shiekra/Griffin than its not really all that original or a unique feeling. Thunderhead just kicks the crap out of any ride at DW.
As a coaster fan I would like to see another in either park for sure. with lots of air time.
A Gringots vault coaster with lots of air time would do just fine.

hhhh.jpg

^ I saw a lot of big wigs walking in and out on the construction area but couldn't get any pictures when they opened the doors as security was standing around in the area.

- - - Updated - - -

hhhh2.jpg

Could this mean the Amity restrooms are next ? Or did someone just make a nasty mess in the bathroom. LOL
Another thing it could be is from all the rain today ??

Status
Not open for further replies.