The Old KidZone Thread | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And even if it was a regional agreement, who's going to fly to Orlando to see something they can see at their nearby Cedar Fair park?

And to add to this, given that Knott's Berry Farm and Universal Hollywood are not too far apart, I see no reason to pursue a property you could not use in both parks.

I was thinking, awhile back I heard a rumor of Scooby Doo coming to IOA and sorry if this has already been mentioned. It would be a great fit for this area. Even a nod to the history of the park some.

The future of Kid's Zone is still the part of the park that I just get the most confused about.

I was thinking, awhile back I heard a rumor of Scooby Doo coming to IOA and sorry if this has already been mentioned. It would be a great fit for this area. Even a nod to the history of the park some.

The future of Kid's Zone is still the part of the park that I just get the most confused about.

I can't remember who mentioned it, but I remember a few people here saying that Uni doesn't actually have all of the necessary rights to have Scooby Doo in the parks. For instance, the walk around characters are Scooby Doo and "Scooby's Friend," because they don't actually have the rights to Shaggy. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading it because it amused me.

Yeah, the rights to Scooby Doo are really complicated for some reason. It used to be Scooby (and all the Hannah Barbera characters) were in the chain of "Top Value Parks" (Kings Island, Kings Dominion, etc...) until Paramount bought them and they populated those parks with Nickelodeon characters. At the same time SOME of the Six Flags parks got Scooby Doo because the Hannah Barbera studio was purchased by Ted Turner just before he merged all his assets with Warner Brothers. Even then, only some of the Six Flags parks got rights to use Scooby depending on where they were located in relation to other entities that had rights to use them. I assume that Universal got some rights for a certain geographic area to use Scooby and the related trademarks (they have a Mystery Machine that had to have been licensed as well), and I'm sure if they wanted to they could expand that license. The fact that they have been working so closely with Warner Brothers on HP may have led to discussions of other licenses (like the other HB characters, more Scooby, etc.).

One of our posters here (DufflesMcgee) tweeted: "deconstruction in 2015?" and parkscope's response was: "sooner"

Parkscope is claiming that
The info we've heard from quite a few people point to the vast majority of KidZone being leveled in the fall to make way for a large scale/large budget project. Attractions that seem destined for the bulldozer are A Day in the Park with Barney, Curious George, and Fievel's Playland.

Status
Not open for further replies.