The Walking Dead | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walking Dead

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Another one bites the dust.
The Walking Dead has been picked up for a fourth season, not a shocker. What is the shocker (or not depending on how you look at AMC's track record) is that Showrunner Glenn Mazzara will step down after season three. Rumors have swirled for a while that Mazzara was unhappy running the show, and now it looks like it has finally come to a head. However, AMC and Mazzara both say that the split is amicable, with them issuing this joint statement, “Both parties acknowledge that there is a difference of opinion about where the show should go moving forward, and conclude that it is best to part ways. This decision is amicable and Glen will remain on for post-production on season 3B as showrunner and executive producer. AMC is grateful for his hard work. We are both proud of our shared success." Mazzara and Executive producer and creator Robert Kikman, as well as Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd all issued solo statements as well.

Does anyone find it troubling how AMC is so quick to dump showrunners the way they are? I know a lot of shows change showrunners every season anyway but oftentimes it results in a decline in quality.

The fact that there's only been three seasons and the show has gone through two showrunners is somewhat troubling, but I have been enjoying season three much more than one or two.

The fact that there's only been three seasons and the show has gone through two showrunners is somewhat troubling, but I have been enjoying season three much more than one or two.

I would agree with you. Season 3 has been ridiculously compelling (although I still think one and two are great tv). The fact that they got rid of the showrunner from the best season thus far is what is most bothersome I think.

The first The Walking Dead season was fantastic. Now, the tag line should be: "People argue, and sometimes Zombies show up".

I really think they need to pick it up, because I'm loosing interest in it.

The first The Walking Dead season was fantastic. Now, the tag line should be: "People argue, and sometimes Zombies show up".

I really think they need to pick it up, because I'm loosing interest in it.

Are you on season 2 or 3?

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe I didn't catch this thread before. I got the Apple TV box for christmas which got me to get Netflix and I remember going through the house at HHN and was intrigued by the awesome reviews. I LOVE THIS SHOW!! I got through Season 1 & 2 in less than 2 weeks! Consider me very hooked and also deprived as Season 3 Part 1 is not on Netflix :saw: :censored:

I bought the first episode on iTunes and I'm very ready to pay another $3 for the second one and so on...:look: Anyone know where I can see the rest of Season 3 for free online with good quality?

Trailer for the upcoming episodes:

[video=youtube;6VillpEWw8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VillpEWw8I[/video]

Promo poster:

iPWvy6OGvkJIi.jpg