The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 343 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Guten Morgen! Or in my native tongue: Buenos Dias Teebin!
Only those unlucky few who who haven't taken the time to get to know you a bit more would judge you so... But you can't please everybody! Rest assured, though, that this person's opinion of you is not shared by the majority here ;-)

Oh, oh, okay. What did you happen to see that was wrong?

Ok ok... don't laugh at me as I never noticed this before. When the camera cuts back to Luna in the carriage, and she says "your just as sane as I am"... I finally noticed that the magazine she is holding is upside down... she has been reading the magazine upside down through the entire scene.

The only thing that actually sucks is that there is no room to expand even if they wanted to.

--- Update ---

I think that JK rolling should have created her own theme park.

I disagree, I think honestly they should have already replaced Sinbad and that whole area in front of Sinbad with more HP stuff (but not Mythos or Poseidon's Fury). Yes, I love the fountain also, but the rest of it isn't really that special IMO.

Universal Was very smart how they did this as technically nothing was taken out of the park everything was simply rethemed, so all they did was add. Universal could not have made an island out of the small amount of land left so they cut part of another land and used new land this way they can say we have just added to the park this is why the LC still exists. They would never remove a show such as Sindbad as its a great people holder even during the less popular months of November it is still full).

Another thing is workers, there would be some very unhappy performers, cooks, ride attendants can easily be assigned to another ride/restaurant show performers cannot.

More later im gonna go out and spend sometimes in this rare hot weather ;)

Universal Was very smart how they did this as technically nothing was taken out of the park everything was simply rethemed, so all they did was add.

They basically destroyed the Enchanted Oak Tavern, and I'm sure the Three Broom Sticks has a completely different menu, so.

This really sucks for my daughter. Her school is going on a field trip there this Thursday. When the teacher booked the trip through the group ticket office, someone "assured" the teacher that WWOHP would be up and running by then. Looks like, at best, the school might miss it? I am eager to see if softs do start tomorrow. :pray:

Last edited:
Universal Was very smart how they did this as technically nothing was taken out of the park everything was simply rethemed, so all they did was add. Universal could not have made an island out of the small amount of land left so they cut part of another land and used new land this way they can say we have just added to the park this is why the LC still exists. They would never remove a show such as Sindbad as its a great people holder even during the less popular months of November it is still full).

Another thing is workers, there would be some very unhappy performers, cooks, ride attendants can easily be assigned to another ride/restaurant show performers cannot.

More later im gonna go out and spend sometimes in this rare hot weather ;)

Right, but they could easily make a show based on some Harry Potter stuff and use the same theater, 7 books/movies worth of content, I'm sure they could come up with something.

I mean I LOVE the set of Sinbad, but the actual show is pretty corny.

Any update on whether express will be accessible for Forbidden Journey and/or Dragon Challenge?

DD always had its express queue break off once you enter the castle. I imagine this will be the same for DC.

For FJ, I've come up with a little drawing. This is of course my SPECULATION, but I do think it could be very possible.

FJqueueidea.png

Blue line= regular queue. Sees all the awesome details.

Orange line= Express queue Goes through a mini portrait gallery and maybe something else, then rejoins the regular queue in the Gryffindor common room.

1. Of course you enter at the base of the castle facade. This room is a dungeon and will house the lockers and the entrance to all thre possible queues. I didn't include Singles in this drawing because frankly I have no idea where it would go. :lol:

2. Greenhouse.

3. Extended queue

4. This is the general area where Dumbledore's office is located.

5. General are where DADA classroom is located.

After that both queues rejoin in the common room, getting the safety instructions, then proceed into the Room of Requirement, a.k.a. FJ loading station!

:lol: @ Teebin! Luna is my favorite character besides Fred and George. In the books, they talk more about her having her Quibbler (magazine her father does) upside down. In the books, the Quibbler is full of information about creatures that don't even exist in the magical world. Nargles, Crumple-Horned Snorkbacks, etc. But of course, they exist in Luna's mind.

On to the WWoHP. I'm sad to think that my brother won't be able to ride FJ. I'll have to take my tape measure with me next time and get his measurements.

My only question about the wands is, if I purchase one from the Owl Post, will it have dust on the box like at Ollivanders?

The wand I bought at Owl Post had about as much dust on it as it will accumulate on my shelf at home since I hate to dust and really only do it when I have to because I can now write an entire novel in it. In other words, yes, they carried the dust themeing into the wands for sale in the post. The more people paw through them, the less dust they'll have I imagine, so it will be a full time job for someone to "dust" the wands once in awhile I bet.

Filch's was my biggest downfall. They have the largest variety of merchandise. There really were very few items that even mentioned WW or Universal on them, which was something that impressed me. The "theme" of the shop is items confiscated by Filch that he's reselling rather than returning to their owners. Quite a few of the shirts and things were house colors and many had the appearance of being "used" or "owned." Terrific! Other items included a series of plush including owls, Hawkes, Fluffy, and Crookshanks, a "dark arts" section with deatheater shirts and items, and a variety of other items including some big ticket items like wizard chess sets, marauder's maps, deatheater masks, etc. The only Universal items I saw were a couple of shirts with the Wizarding World logo and a pillow with the logo and Hogwarts Castle image. Most everything else either had very subtle logos or none at all. Although Filch's is small, it is not nearly as tiny as the other shops in Hogsmead. It's actually fairly spread out although it's jam packed with items. You do get your ride photo in Filch's. There are also display items just as in the windows of the other shops, and it appeared as if they were in fact animated although I didn't see any of them working.

Filch's was my biggest downfall. They have the largest variety of merchandise. There really were very few items that even mentioned WW or Universal on them, which was something that impressed me. The "theme" of the shop is items confiscated by Filch that he's reselling rather than returning to their owners

Sounds like Filch's will be my biggest downfall as well! Thanks for the info and I can't wait to see it finally! :)

UGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Behind the thrills just posted this tweet 20 minutes ago... "potter soft http://ustre.am/:u1jv"
Why?!!! You cant watch the video on this link, and now they arent saying anything else, its freaking me out, I really with they wouldn't have used the words "Potter soft" like that, one minute they say its a 100% guarrentee that its not open today then they post that?! WTF!

ah, ok, finally saw the video, its outside the gates and there are people gathered, you can hear the HP music playing, (which seems to be pretty loud) and the train whistle is going off..... this is just rediculous, I don't know if my heart can take these kinds of things...

Last edited:
UGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Behind the thrills just posted this tweet 20 minutes ago... "potter soft http://ustre.am/:u1jv"
Why?!!! You cant watch the video on this link, and now they arent saying anything else, its freaking me out, I really with they wouldn't have used the words "Potter soft" like that, one minute they say its a 100% guarrentee that its not open today then they post that?! WTF!

ah, ok, finally saw the video, its outside the gates and there are people gathered, you can hear the HP music playing, (which seems to be pretty loud) and the train whistle is going off..... this is just rediculous, I don't know if my heart can take these kinds of things...

Ughhh the videos not working for me either!! I'm gonna be shocked if there's seriously a soft right now!!

yepp just saw the vid too. they really know how to freak us out lol

Last edited: