The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 345 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
First post here. Been lurking for awhile and wasn't going to sign up, but I couldn't pass up telling my two theories.

The first one, Teebins train thing. I think it has to do with the effect in the one window he was talking about before. It was all ready to go and something stupid happened to break it, which is why it is not working. The metal crossing the trains tracks would do minor damage, hence it is out of commision now, but will be back later.

My second is with softs. I think that some day this week they will open Hogsmeade. This will not happen on a day thaat DD is open, but Hogsmeade is closed. Too difficult to open Hogsmeade with the temp DD queue. So I think they will open Hogsmeade in the morning or a couple hours into the park being open. I don't think FJ will open at the same time. After they see the crowds and everything then at some point when they think they can handle the current crowds they will open FJ, if FJ has run through all the proper tests. I think FJ is working and is fine, it just has not completed all final testing before handling a large volume of riders. There is no way they had TM previews last week and hogsmeade won't open until package holders. They need to have it open an entire day to deterine crowd flow before they piss off people who paid extra to get into the park early.

JMO, I know nothing, but after being there yesterday and seeing how everything is set up, this would be my guess.

First post here. Been lurking for awhile and wasn't going to sign up, but I couldn't pass up telling my two theories.

The first one, Teebins train thing. I think it has to do with the effect in the one window he was talking about before. It was all ready to go and something stupid happened to break it, which is why it is not working. The metal crossing the trains tracks would do minor damage, hence it is out of commision now, but will be back later.

My second is with softs. I think that some day this week they will open Hogsmeade. This will not happen on a day thaat DD is open, but Hogsmeade is closed. Too difficult to open Hogsmeade with the temp DD queue. So I think they will open Hogsmeade in the morning or a couple hours into the park being open. I don't think FJ will open at the same time. After they see the crowds and everything then at some point when they think they can handle the current crowds they will open FJ, if FJ has run through all the proper tests. I think FJ is working and is fine, it just has not completed all final testing before handling a large volume of riders. There is no way they had TM previews last week and hogsmeade won't open until package holders. They need to have it open an entire day to deterine crowd flow before they piss off people who paid extra to get into the park early.

JMO, I know nothing, but after being there yesterday and seeing how everything is set up, this would be my guess.

I think the only reason softs have not started are because of FJ. If softs start count on FJ being ready to go.

Teebin's story isn't so figurative... I believe it's about the window display seen through that alley from the patio of Three Broomsticks. Some clumsy workers broke the window display that was supposed to be sooo cool. Ah well, I plan to whiz past the window displays anyway on my way to FJ. I've been waiting three years to ride the ride that promises to out- spiderman Spiderman! The other stuff I'll experience in my leisure. As a transplanted Northener, you don't find me hanging outside in the Florida heat too often. Perhaps in the cooler weather I'll be sitting on the patio out back but in this heat I'll probably be found in the Hog's Head swilling (get it? Swilling?) back some frozen concoction!! :peace:

I think the only reason softs have not started are because of FJ. If softs start count on FJ being ready to go.

I am not saying FJ won't open at some point during that day, just saying they won't open it up until they know they can handle the current crowds. Also, they didn't have softs last week because of TM previews, Pow Wow, and marketing stuff like the actors coming down. They won't start softs on a weekend when the crowds are heavier. So FJ or no FJ softs haven't started for other reasons than FJ.

I am not saying FJ won't open at some point during that day, just saying they won't open it up until they know they can handle the current crowds. Also, they didn't have softs last week because of TM previews, Pow Wow, and marketing stuff like the actors coming down. They won't start softs on a weekend when the crowds are heavier. So FJ or no FJ softs haven't started for other reasons than FJ.

Agreed, I may venture over tomorrow or Tuesday just to see if they are doing any soft. But then again maybe Ill just wait until I know everything is open. But a Monday does sound like a good day for softs. I know when I was on the opening team of a attraction at Disney we aited until a Tuesday to do our first softs and didn't do any on weekends just so the team could get used to the crowds (this was only for the first week btw)

:thumbs:

I never said you said that, I was stating my opinion if you don't mind.I am sorry but I think the reason softs have not begun is simply due to the FJ, they are not going to open up the WWoHP to the general public when the main attraction is not ready. It has been said on here by countless people inside and out of the project they will open it to the public when its perfect. IMO, the one thing holding them back is the FJ. And as far as it not opening due to a weekend with the crowds I disagree, back in 04 they opened the Mummy for softs during the spring break rush, I was there it was PACKED. And thus the reason they had employee and media previews without the FJ. Its not the crowds stopping them, its making sure everything is perfect due to the anticipation and high standards being placed on them.

i believe softs will be may 28 when the package people come in if not for the whole day, maybe a couple of hours. i think that FJ is done, ready, working. if it was not working by now so close to grand opening, then it would be panic of there at universal. i think they just want it to be a suprise.

I know that everything will have express, I'm looking for news on whether it will actually be open, unlike Rockit.
Forbidden Journey and the other rides will have express when opened. I'm not exactly sure about it having express on June 18th or during these "softs/technical rehearsals", but there will be starting the 19th for sure. Trust me on that.

As for softs this Wednesday. That would be fantastic. I'll be there this Friday and I'm literally out of patience.

:wave:

Ok, so Train A left Chicago at 8:30 PM for Denver. Train B left San Fransisco....or was that Las Vegas? :lol:

Here's what I think happened next in Teebin's story. I'm bored if you can't tell. And I suck at riddles.

The train with the wire pieces knocked up a piece of wire which landed on the track with the screwdriver. The screwdriver which when going through a tunnel, got derailed *screwdriver was sticking up*. The connection from the wire, through the train, to the Junction box made an electrical spark. This made the window display catch fire and that whole block of the city burnt to the ground before firefighters could put it out. Mayor is saying it was terrorists. Rest in peace to the souls that were lost during this tragedy.

:lol:

I'm prety sure softs will start at least a couple of days before package people arrive, so they can fix any issues.

I wanted to buy a vacation package as soon as they came out, but didn't have my exact travel dates so I couldn't buy it. I do remeber though it inclouded early acces to the park and universal express. In tiny letters it said you would be allowed to enter IOA one hour before and ride cat in the hat, dueling dragons, flight of the hippogriff and forbidden journey. In case any of those
attractions was not open they will open an other ride instead. It also stated that you could use express for FJ only once per day. So I guess their plan was to have FJ up and runing by Friday, but it stated that it might be closed, so it may not open until later in June, specially if it's not ready.

Last edited:
Teebin's story isn't so figurative... I believe it's about the window display seen through that alley from the patio of Three Broomsticks. Some clumsy workers broke the window display that was supposed to be sooo cool. Ah well, I plan to whiz past the window displays anyway on my way to FJ.

ah don't whiz past all my hard work :( (well partially mine)

Does anybody know if these windows will be rebuilt and put into their original place at the Three Broomsticks?

scroll back and read my wave... I only wave when someone is pretty much dead on...

Oh yeah, and welcome IzzyB! Izzy is a great example of how many people read this forum very very closely for a long long time before joining... I know, I was one of them.

Last edited:
i believe softs will be may 28 when the package people come in if not for the whole day, maybe a couple of hours. i think that FJ is done, ready, working. if it was not working by now so close to grand opening, then it would be panic of there at universal. i think they just want it to be a suprise.

that's what i like to hear!! :)