The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 346 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I went to a Wine Fest today and there was a guy with a free raffle for Tickets to Universal and a visa gift card. He waved me down and I laughed as I filled out the form. I told him we were going down for the Grand Opening. He knew exactly what I was talking about. Told me to have fun and maybe I could use the extra tickets to add to our vacation. He also said I will need the visa gift card since I looked like a serious shopper. Yes I am!

Just came back from the parks this week end. Sorry no pics. I just now looked at the park map i brought home with me and realized that it doesn't mention dueling dragons. It also features an illustration of DC, FoTH (with Hagrid's hut), Hogsmeade, and Hogwarts.I don't know if this is new because I only caught a glimpse of Saturday's map and it didn't show the WW. I'll try to post a picture of it later.

I went to a Wine Fest today and there was a guy with a free raffle for Tickets to Universal and a visa gift card. He waved me down and I laughed as I filled out the form. I told him we were going down for the Grand Opening. He knew exactly what I was talking about. Told me to have fun and maybe I could use the extra tickets to add to our vacation. He also said I will need the visa gift card since I looked like a serious shopper. Yes I am!

Did you win it?

Just came back from the parks this week end. Sorry no pics. I just now looked at the park map i brought home with me and realized that it doesn't mention dueling dragons. It also features an illustration of DC, FoTH (with Hagrid's hut), Hogsmeade, and Hogwarts.I don't know if this is new because I only caught a glimpse of Saturday's map and it didn't show the WW. I'll try to post a picture of it later.

Is it just the illustration of WWOHP with a "COMING SPRING" thing over it or is it the illustration of the land, the numbers on each place, and the descriptions?

Cause if it's the latter, then this week could very well be the beginning of softs.

Universal already stated DC and Hippo will have express. No word on FJ yet.

I confirmed with Universal over the phone FJ will not have express when it opens. DC and Hippo will.

is anyone on this forum headed to IOA today?

I went, along with a bunch of other people from various websites. While nothing happened, a whole bunch of us waited on and off all day. It was kind of like a geek-fest, but it was tons of fun meeting people who were just as excited as I was. If you're asking if it opened.. The answer is no. In fact, they had people in white/gray polos standing at the gate near the Hogwarts Express answering questions. Early in the morning they were telling guests there was a "100% chance it will not open today and there are no scheduled soft openings. It will be a complete surprise to team members and guests". (Yep, that's a quote from a TM)

There was a lot of movement going on today though, which really surprised me as 5:30 approached and nothing happened. It seems they've been moving the queue line for Dragons around, like they're expecting to just roll away the walls at any minute, construction walls that have been guarding what lies behind them are gone (except for that one last gate, I assume is permanent), and there were tons (and I mean TONS) of team members dressed in the white/gray polos that were staffing the gate. At one point, a large group of them swarmed towards the gate, hung out for a minute, then walked away.. laughing. Yep, that's a great way to treat the people who pay your pay check!

So I've come to a couple conclusions after today.. I heard from one team member soft openings will be Wednesday.. Heard from another it will be Tuesday.. Heard from another it will be Friday. It's something that will have to be timed right, like the TM stated.. It's going to be a surprise. Either Universal is a marketing genius or they're just playing games because of the large rumor of the soft opening today.

They've created a monster and I'm not sure if they're ready to face what they've created.

Check out the latest update from everything that went on today at Universal over at Behind the Thrills.

I have a "good" feeling about tomorrow for softs.But, with hearing wed. it could be theen too. IMO there will be ONE day for softs if lucky. In theory theyd tell no one and open it for 4-5 hrs in a day. Get the info they need for the ride and some feedback and then wouldn't open again until the 28th ONLY for package holders. They want the smallest contained and controlled crowd possible for these softs/trials they DO NOT want chaos. They will be only doing it one day because if they do it back to back well, on that second day with the word out as Kratos said, "In the end, there will only be chaos!"

I confirmed with Universal over the phone FJ will not have express when it opens. DC and Hippo will.

I went, along with a bunch of other people from various websites. While nothing happened, a whole bunch of us waited on and off all day. It was kind of like a geek-fest, but it was tons of fun meeting people who were just as excited as I was. If you're asking if it opened.. The answer is no. In fact, they had people in white/gray polos standing at the gate near the Hogwarts Express answering questions. Early in the morning they were telling guests there was a "100% chance it will not open today and there are no scheduled soft openings. It will be a complete surprise to team members and guests". (Yep, that's a quote from a TM)

There was a lot of movement going on today though, which really surprised me as 5:30 approached and nothing happened. It seems they've been moving the queue line for Dragons around, like they're expecting to just roll away the walls at any minute, construction walls that have been guarding what lies behind them are gone (except for that one last gate, I assume is permanent), and there were tons (and I mean TONS) of team members dressed in the white/gray polos that were staffing the gate. At one point, a large group of them swarmed towards the gate, hung out for a minute, then walked away.. laughing. Yep, that's a great way to treat the people who pay your pay check!

So I've come to a couple conclusions after today.. I heard from one team member soft openings will be Wednesday.. Heard from another it will be Tuesday.. Heard from another it will be Friday. It's something that will have to be timed right, like the TM stated.. It's going to be a surprise. Either Universal is a marketing genius or they're just playing games because of the large rumor of the soft opening today.

They've created a monster and I'm not sure if they're ready to face what they've created.

Check out the latest update from everything that went on today at Universal over at Behind the Thrills.

Yes, I was one of those "geeks" hanging out in front of the gates to Hogsmeade. It was nice meeting everyone!

Yes, I was one of those "geeks" hanging out in front of the gates to Hogsmeade. It was nice meeting everyone!

Which "geek" were you? We probably chatted! Haha. It's funny how you run into people you've met in person on the internet. (No offense on the geek part, I'm a geek and I admit it.)

Wow what a long day at Uni!

Yes, as surfer said, the park map changed today and lasts until may 29th (from the dates on the front) There were golden illustrations of Hippo, Hogwarts, and Hogsmeade. DC is still red and blue.

I will uplaod a picture of this and a bunch of others from the park tomorrow. I got a few from inside DD queue until I was asked to stop. :/

As stated already, no softs today :'( but once FJ is ready, this place is good to go!

Which "geek" were you? We probably chatted! Haha. It's funny how you run into people you've met in person on the internet. (No offense on the geek part, I'm a geek and I admit it.)

I was wearing a dark brown shirt and, yes, I did talk to you because I remember you saying you were from Behind the Thrills. Oh, and no offense taken on the geek part. Actually, I've heard from those in the industry that the correct term is "foamers", as in foaming at the mouth.

ioamap_05-23-10_001.jpg
[/img]
Here's the map I was talking about. I didn't take any other pictures because I haven't been to IOA in two years and probably won't go back for another two years and I wanted to ride my favorite rides over and over again (I love staying on site).