The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 348 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This was very clarifying and up to date. Thanks for posting. So interesting that this is the way they handled it at load. And I was told that the lights in the distance are really the lights behind you, including the exit sign, meaning mirrored reflections. There is a mirror on the wall behind the load vehicles. SO... the load area and unload area are very very OPEN... and not cloistered. Fascinating and not quite what I expected.

Do you mean the RoR appears to be open because of the mirrors? Or that it's actually open? The station Is long I imagine So I assumed it would be tight...

im really wanting to see the benches with better lighting as I am obsessed with queues and vehicles almost as much as ride The mummy and Tot being my favorite in both categories. And these benches look SWEET ! I love the owl on the headrest...And the size!!! Suspense is killing me

Do you mean the RoR appears to be open because of the mirrors? Or that it's actually open? The station Is long I imagine So I assumed it would be tight...

im really wanting to see the benches with better lighting as I am obsessed with queues and vehicles almost as much as ride The mummy and Tot being my favorite in both categories. And these benches look SWEET ! I love the owl on the headrest...And the size!!! Suspense is killing me

Think of Mummy... now dim the lights to 25%.... and put a mirror on the far wall behind the vehicle load and unload... as well as mirrors on the wall behind you. It is something like that... but otherwise, I have no idea... and really everyone, I HAVE NO IDEA! I just know that it is something like that sorta kinda maybe. However... I know the vehicles are 10-15 feet below load... so how do they prevent you from falling off a moving magic carpet platform into the hole. Hm hm hm.

Wait... I have never been on... how do they prevent HRRR riders from falling in between the coasters from the magic carpet?

Last edited:
Think of Mummy... now dim the lights to 25%.... and put a mirror on the far wall behind the vehicle load and unload... as well as mirrors on the wall behind you. It is something like that... but otherwise, I have no idea... and really everyone, I HAVE NO IDEA! I just know that it is something like that sorta kinda maybe. However... I know the vehicles are 10-15 feet below load... so how do they prevent you from falling off a moving magic carpet platform into the hole. Hm hm hm.

Maybe you know (about how we dont fall) But Ima say that judging by that video the arm is carefully programmed to be in a slit of some sort in the wall So it appears a hovering bench is about to whisk us away onto our journey.
I figure that way we can never be close to a drop off unless we follow a bench past the station (btw dont follw the train) And the magic carpet will be right up against the non-moving floor. Even if there is no wall slit there is at least a wall of about 2 feet under the arm...because in that video you see how there is not total blackness which would indicate a drop-off
Of course I have no clue....so this might be a long shot

I thought maybe those were mirrors and your post confirms mr. T ;)

I'm guessing that the moving walkway must have vehicle sized slits through which (from below upwards) the vehicle is inserted. The slits must have an opening so that the arm can exit upwards and backwards, like real floo powder, with a neat smoke effect and some green lighting and strobes.

On the topic of the plans you have, Teebin, are you going to be posting them come June 18th? I think it would be fair by then, judging by the fact that the attraction itself will be open by then. I'm very much like you, wanting to know as much as possible about things like that (except I want to know AFTER I've experienced the actual thing).

Last edited:
Atticus thanks for your last report!

All this time I've been hearing people say Forbidden Journey is like Spider-Man the ride. Now I look at the screen caps posted and the cast of Harry Potter aren't wearing any 3d glasses on the ride. Is that because the 3d film isn't top-notch yet or because the ride isn't even in 3d? I'm sure the ride will still be good regardless, but what I want to ask is this: Is Forbidden Journey a 3D ride?

FJ is not a 3D ride... but if you've seen Disaster! at Universal, the musion effect can be as good as 3D (it feels like the picture is really Christopher Walken there on stage), and we've heard from the reports that the musion effects in FJ are even better than the one from Disaster!, so it's going to be pretty amazing! (I know we've only heard from musion in the queue, but from the film footage that came out a while ago, we know there's more musion going on inside the ride too). Also, like mantaguy mentioned, there's talk about HUGE screens, so that would also make you feel like you're right there, not forgetting about the realistic HUGE sets and the animatronics! I think not having 3D is nothing to be disappointed about ;) Last, I'd also like to say that, in my opinion, 3D sometimes takes away from the immersive experience... the glasses that can be bothersome and you also might get the double picture, so it has some negative aspects.

Ahh, forgot to say this before. A song was playing in the DD queue portion that goes through the village. Does anyone know anything about "Do the Hippogriff?"

[video=youtube;9tNUAumvfzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tNUAumvfzg[/video]

:D

Oh Teebin..the floor on HRRR next to the train moves so it's just like boarding a non-moving ride. And on Fj the seats hang over the floor so it's even easier.

I havent seen it but I'll speculate since people are dropping away...Longer because of the need to load quickly as there will be many vehicles...also when they need storage room because of a hold up in loading dock the other vehicles need somewhere to go or people will just stop in the ride awkwardly.

I havent seen it but I'll speculate since people are dropping away...Longer because of the need to load quickly as there will be many vehicles...also when they need storage room because of a hold up in loading dock the other vehicles need somewhere to go or people will just stop in the ride awkwardly.

Since you brought this up I wonder if they will have a separate loading area much like Toy Story Midway Mania for guests who require extra time to load.

a map that was once posted or linked here showed a moving platform and a stationary one

--- Update ---

and any pics from ppl who went today

i read all construction walls are basically down?

and i hope this place opens soon cause right now im feeling really messed up by the crap that happened on lost tonight

Thanks Atticus for the great update! I'm getting more and more excited! I can't wait to finally ride FJ because it really sounds as amazing as I hoped it would be.

--- Update ---

and i hope this place opens soon cause right now im feeling really messed up by the crap that happened on lost tonight

had to add that i couldn't agree more...lost blew my mind tonight! i've got mixed emotions about it right now. i think i have to sleep on it haha

Well, it's Monday... I'll be at WWoHP on Saturday..... mixed between extreme excitement about just seeing Hogsmeade and anxiety over FJ being ready:look:.... it's gonna be a long 5 days! Breakfast at Three Broomsticks Saturday morning!!!!!!!:happy:

Just finished up reading everything since friday... thanks to everyone for all of the updates and for some amusing posts.

Question... (Sorry if either of you mentioned it and I missed it, or if someone else mentioned it) - Giant, Atticus, or Dreamcat, did you see the speculated "Gringotts ATM" at all? If so, where?

Atticus thanks for the report hope your feeling better.

I have decided to not comment on soft dates anymore PERIOD because I'm sick of getting posts like the one I saw a few pages back. The last thing I will say is I didn't get a recent update so anything is possible. I knew that it wasn't happening on Sunday which I said. I didn't say it wasn't going to happen today I just said it wasn't set & I'll leave it at that. If you get in today have fun & if not don't complain if the TMs play tricks on you because really you are asking for it by standing there all day. I for one am not going today & so ends my last post on the subject

Well, it's Monday... I'll be at WWoHP on Saturday..... mixed between extreme excitement about just seeing Hogsmeade and anxiety over FJ being ready:look:.... it's gonna be a long 5 days! Breakfast at Three Broomsticks Saturday morning!!!!!!!:happy:

Ooo do report back asap!!!

About the FJ ride itself... I was just wondering if perhaps the track is above with the arm hanging down? I have seen the pics/vids on the robocoaster site, but it looks like it would be just as easy to have the vehicles in any orientation at any time during the ride. Unless someone else has already seen what the actual ride looks like, besides the recent celebs and few unseen ride testers.

The ride could start with the track above and you 'hanging' below, then at some point it could easily corkscrew and then end up with track below you and no one would be the wiser. Any thoughts?

About the FJ ride itself... I was just wondering if perhaps the track is above with the arm hanging down? I have seen the pics/vids on the robocoaster site, but it looks like it would be just as easy to have the vehicles in any orientation at any time during the ride. Unless someone else has already seen what the actual ride looks like, besides the recent celebs and few unseen ride testers.

The ride could start with the track above and you 'hanging' below, then at some point it could easily corkscrew and then end up with track below you and no one would be the wiser. Any thoughts?
I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say because Universal is being (ridiculously) tight about things, but I'll say this: The track will not be overhead, nor will it be roller coaster style. Think much more "mundane" than that.

I think from the video its proven the theory (not sure who posted their original image ideas) that the vehicles load with the arm below and the benches turned sideways.
2010_0522_PotterCar.jpg