The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 646 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
908050155_ZZuhR-Ti.jpg
made me giggle

So I've just got back from vacation two days ago. I was able to follow the spoilers thread but I couldn't keep with this thread. Can anyone catch my up? I don't really care about any details on the grand opening but details on any changes made to Hogsmeade, DC, FotH, and FJ that have been made since June 10th. One more thing, what was under the black tarps on FJ's show building?

Hallo, here is an really happy pauline from germany. Yesterday was our first visit in WWOHP and it was amazing.

We are from germany, in the morning we watched the FIFA worl cup, where our team win and in the afternoon we went to WWOHP.

First I was a little bit afraid because of the latest "reports" about crowds, but when we arrive (around 3 pm) there are only "soft crowds" , waiting time for FJ was announced
45 min, but I think it only was about 30 min (ore time went fast because there is a lot to look in the green house and hogwarts.

The ride was not scary but intense (I felt a little "motion sickness", but it was over 1 min later).

I brougth a birthday wand for me (ok I know I'm a grown up but I love it) and my 12 year old girl (she did not want her birthday wand because she is born in the end of
december and don't like the "scull" and the end of her wand).

What else to say: Tree Broomsticks is really great and the frozen butterbeer is much better than the normal (but the normal is good too).

We did not go to the owlery, but we will do thi at our next visit, may be on wednesday.

greetings pauline

sorry, but english is not my "natural" langage

Last edited:
Costumes?

I'm seeing a lot of photos of people walking around the Wizarding World in their robes that I figure were purchased in the park. Does this mean they're allowing costumes in the park? Anyone know what the rule is?

I'm seeing a lot of photos of people walking around the Wizarding World in their robes that I figure were purchased in the park. Does this mean they're allowing costumes in the park? Anyone know what the rule is?

They have always allowed you to wear them in the park. They sell them so that you can wear them lol... Yes, you are allowed to wear robves in the park, but you can't impersonate a staff member.

Well guys, since this thread is dying and basically just wait time reports now, I'll be leaving it be. Thanks for all the great reports the past few years, and I'll cya in a few when they decide to close the rest of LC for more Potter. ;)

I made Butterbeer, froth and everything. :wave:

I'm doing some experiments and taste tests with others who've had the drink and I'll post the recipe if it's spot on.

I made Butterbeer, froth and everything. :wave:

I'm doing some experiments and taste tests with others who've had the drink and I'll post the recipe if it's spot on.

That would be amazing! Have you tested Mugglenet's recipe to see if it's at all similar? If you do figure it out, I would owe you rep for eternity.

This is something that I concocted trying to emulate the Universal version (which I would consider to be the official version since JKR OK'd it). To be honest, I didn't know Mugglenet had a Butterbeer recipe. :lol:

:look:

This is something that I concocted trying to emulate the Universal version (which I would consider to be the official version since JKR OK'd it). To be honest, I didn't know Mugglenet had a Butterbeer recipe. :lol:

:look:

Haha. Yeah, but Mugglenet's was made pre-WWoHP which means it probably won't taste the same. I thought it may be worth a shot though in your testing. http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/454784-Butterbeer

How close was the one that you already had made?