Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything in the agreement that would allow for something like this?

I’m sure nobody signed up for an AP thinking that they would have to wear a mask nor would they feel safe visiting the park.

Universal probably don’t have to extend the days beyond what they were shut but it would be good PR to add on a fixed amount of time or whenever you first revisit the parks, whatever comes first.
Well to be fair to everyone this has never happened before. The World was different when AP's got their passes and especially if the rumored "private Tours" happen then think they need to do something where you can pause your pass or not have dates count until they go back to letting you at least roam the parks freely.

In the End Universal can do whatever they want but Travel from other Countries and even the USA will be down for 2-3 years. If I was the owners I'd be giving out free tickets to AP's to get people to come in and have fun and want to come back and not try to be cheap now and upset the only base they have left for a few years.
Hell with how penny pinching they have been the last two Christmas and the crowds really not coming in like they wanted from Potter, I'd hope they'd make sure AP's are as happy as can be

Reactions: Scott W.
Because of continuing fear concerning the virus and disruption to preexisting travel plans (out of towners who justified the price of passes for the family because they planned on using them for more than one vacation, and now can't or don't want to travel during the current situation), I think the "right" thing to do concerning fully paid APs is have the 81 days start upon first use after reopening. For the monthly payment plan, pause payments until first use where it would resume as usual.

Because of continuing fear concerning the virus and disruption to preexisting travel plans (out of towners who justified the price of passes for the family because they planned on using them for more than one vacation, and now can't or don't want to travel during the current situation), I think the "right" thing to do concerning fully paid APs is have the 81 days start upon first use after reopening. For the monthly payment plan, pause payments until first use where it would resume as usual.
I'm sure this isn't what you meant, but to add, if I bought a pass in January I want it extended 81 days from normal expiration plus start the time tolling on first day of operations without capacity restrictions. If I choose not to go during that time it is on me.
BTW: If I add 81 days to my normal expiration that puts me at 9/9. HHN starts 9/10? >:O

I’m sure nobody signed up for an AP thinking that they would have to wear a mask nor would they feel safe visiting the park.

Universal probably don’t have to extend the days beyond what they were shut but it would be good PR to add on a fixed amount of time or whenever you first revisit the parks, whatever comes first.
or a free upgrade to the next level. :) I actually mentioned that on their survey as a recommendation when they asked comments concerning that on the survey

I think the "right" thing to do concerning fully paid APs is have the 81 days start upon first use after reopening.
I agree- this is what I thought would be the most fair as well. It could really benefit the customer, but that’s what they need to be doing right now vs the opposite.

or a free upgrade to the next level. :) I actually mentioned that on their survey as a recommendation when they asked comments concerning that on the survey
This also wouldn’t be a bad idea. Make 2 park passes 3 park passes and make 3 park passes upgrade to next level. Current 3 Park Premier can get an upgrade to Express all day instead of just past 4pm.

Reactions: RFRees and Mad Dog
Ok, I now believe the order the hotels will be reopening will be the 3 deluxe first followed by Cabana Bay. Not Sapphire.
Why would they be taking reservations for all hotels(except portfino) ?.I have a reservation for june 8th at aventura, nothing mentioned about not being open.in the email conformation there was rules listed about masks, social distancing .

Legally they don't have to do anything, but since the parks will be relying on local APs to stay afloat long after face masks have been put away in storage with the pet rocks and Cabbage Patch dolls, probably makes sense to accommodate them any way they can. Lost so much money already this year, what's a few hundred written off half-paid APs? Better to refund now, in 2021 have guests say "New JP coaster looks great, I miss the parks ... and hey, they were really cool last year about refunding my pass when I wasn't comfortable going."

The effects of the economic downturn will last longer than the effects of the pandemic, and a smart company needs to plan for that now.

Why would they be taking reservations for all hotels(except portfino) ?.I have a reservation for june 8th at aventura, nothing mentioned about not being open.in the email conformation there was rules listed about masks, social distancing .

My guess would be to determine if they have near the amount of capacity to open them. If that isn't the case, they would likely move you to a different hotel for the same dates.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Why on earth are 20 or so other countries reopening?
I wasn't questioning if things should reopen or not. I was pointing he was demanding a quarantine end earlier then it should based on numbers based of the quarantine working.

As a reminder this thread is about the parks reopening. This discussion should be taken to the General COVID-19 thread.

My guess would be to determine if they have near the amount of capacity to open them. If that isn't the case, they would likely move you to a different hotel for the same dates.
Right. If all the hotels are looking at less than 20% occupancy rate, when the time comes to reopen, I would expect them to consolidate to the deluxe and leave the others shuttered until needed.

Reactions: SeventyOne
With Cabana Bay being a very popular destination for locals and central Florida residents during normal times, enjoying a few days short inexpensive vacation, I would think that hotel would get a lot of booking interest. i just don't see many people flying into Orlando for a bit. Maybe Georgia & S. Carolina short drive stays for the Deluxes....and Cabana.

I'm sure this isn't what you meant, but to add, if I bought a pass in January I want it extended 81 days from normal expiration plus start the time tolling on first day of operations without capacity restrictions. If I choose not to go during that time it is on me.
BTW: If I add 81 days to my normal expiration that puts me at 9/9. HHN starts 9/10? >:O
Well I hope at the very least we get 30 Extra Days.....I know I was avoiding the parks the month before SLOP was opening because of the virus. So hoping at the least an extra month but also times added until we get back to "100" percent would be nice as well.

Once again, I know they want money but doubt AP sales will go up after they reopen so might be a better idea to keep the ones you have now so they come in and buy themed masks, food and tell friends how nice it was to to Universal to get away from it all.
It will maybe in the short term look like they arn't making as much but sure in the long run would make them more

Reactions: Andysol
While not a specific park--groups operating themed entertainment offering's in the state of California will be able to reopen once Phase 3 is rolled out.

Reactions: Clive
Six Flags just announced their safety measures.

ETA: Frontier City in Oklahoma City is the first park to open in their chain- June 5 opening date.

I like it but do not like some don't have to wear masks just my opinion but
If you can't wear a mask don't think you should be in a theme park right now, the mask is to protect me from your germs. So if you have the virus and don't know it yet (takes two weeks) and then say you can't wear a mask then sneeze then guess i get sick because you choose to come to the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.