Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought the one on the parking lot was bigger? It certainly has a larger footprint, no?
If the old details are still correct, Surfside at Wet n Wild plot will have 750 rooms and Dockside at the old parking lot site will be 2,050 rooms.

screen-shot-2017-05-19-at-25803-pm-2.png
screen-shot-2017-05-19-at-25837-pm-2.png

Keep in mind this info was only for city approval and final plans may have changed.

Reactions: Joel and fryoj
I noticed that too but thought it was too nerdy to post the differences here...

The bedroom door is closed in the old one as well, and the coffee cup is missing in the new version, however a green cup reflection is seen in the framed art on the right yet nothing is on the shelf.

I was really good at Highlights Magazine spot the difference games when I was younger.

I noticed the cup but not the door. If I get bored enough, I’ll make a spot the difference game with pics from Universal.

Reactions: Alicia
Endless Summer sounds like a perfume designed by Katy Perry

When I read the article, at first I thought the hotel was opening during some sort of event called Endless Summer.

I think it sounds like a teenage romance novel.

Those prices have to be tied to packages right? Multi-day tickets with minimum night stays? Or maybe just a 'teaser rate' as one expert told me.

It's just not sustainable nor maximizing revenue like a Comcast would want.

While I agree this is a promo rate, it would not be beneath Comcast corporate to accept losses on this for years as a strategy to run competition out of business. If they have plans on having another 10-20,000 rooms online on the South property by 2023 or so, I could see them starting to squeeze the budget hotels out now. It would take a few years to fully run them out, so the timing is right.

Ok just to clarify, Surfside is on the old WnW parking lot and Dockside is on WnW Park?

The link to the British site that started this today has Surfside as the one that is bookable and is by the lake.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Quick question. Can universal do what Disney does with their Lake next to the Contemporary and do sailboating, paddle boarding and what not in the lake next to the hotel? Would really increase the idea of staying here. Also, within the next few years, this hotel could easily be the hot spot at the resort as it will be in the middle of the two theme parks and the third coming.
Kind of. They don't own the entire lake

Makes me think of Margaritaville concept on 192, perhaps once Uni able to buy more land, like waterfront Lost Caverns Adventure Golf?

This. Makes me wonder if the plan isn’t to eventually buy up more of the property around the lake for more “Endless Summer” resorts? I would think any land along Universal Blvd would be given some thought to acquisition.

There are seasons in Florida?

I thought it was hot, not as hot, and rain

The Endless Summer is literally a legendary surfing movie

The Endless Summer - Wikipedia

I thought it was a Beach Boys album or something...never listened to them nor did I ever see that movie

Oh, I was reading multiple pages...I thought the talk about the photos was that you can see some of the pool out the window...

As for rates, everyone talked about it...pretty sure when CBBR opened, they were thinking around $80 a night...hotel type surge pricing has played out since then.

To me, these will have a great price point if they can’t fill rooms, but if they can...I think i’ve been shown rates something like $300 when trying to book a last minute weekend at CBBR.

Those prices have to be tied to packages right? Multi-day tickets with minimum night stays? Or maybe just a 'teaser rate' as one expert told me.

It's just not sustainable nor maximizing revenue like a Comcast would want.
If they can maintain that loss for a couple of years and put it across all queen rooms then a bunch of other properties in that area will suffer. Could be a move to pick up more land at distressed rates.
I wonder what the debt load is on the surrounding properties, if they can't service it then a savvy communications company with great cash flow looking to spread their real estate holdings just may be able to pick up a bargain or two.

Reactions: Frank Drackman