Universal's Crowding | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Crowding

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The other WDW parks have been no where near any phase closings before today. And MK only ever hit the first phase, which is more about trying to sell park hoppers to day guests than anything.

Also, MK has hit Phase A only 2 days from what I've seen on twitter, not "multiple times a day". It was also lifted after a few hours.
Even so, WDW has been incredibly more crowded than Universal the past few weeks and that's from first hand experience of both resorts.

UOR's parks both have had higher gate counts the past 2 weeks than each secondary WDW park
Not surprising given DAK is in heavy construction and still has too little to do and DHS keeps taking things away. I'll assume Epcot is fairly close in attendance as it'd be silly to think that the empty Uni parks of a few weeks ago are that much higher in attendance now than a pretty consistent park like Epcot. Obviously you weren't talking about MK, but it's just embarrassing everyone.

Either way, if Uni parks are beating DAK/DHS it's not at all surprising or news. It should be expected at this point. I mean, TDO has neutered DHS to the point of embarrassment for the time being so if it WAS beating Uni, there'd be a bit of a problem, no?

Well if Universal's parks have higher gate counts during the busiest time of the year than the parks that "out rank" them on the yearly lists, I'm not sure what the panic is.

Seems like a thread for the sake of a thread

Well if Universal's parks have higher gate counts during the busiest time of the year than the parks that "out rank" them on the yearly lists, I'm not sure what the panic is.

Because it's the busiest time of the year, of course it's going to be packed. Next week the park will be dead by 4 and closed by 7. That's the problem and point of the thread. There's not enough to do at Uni at night that isn't ride based.

Uni is a ride-heavy park, meaning everything can be done very quickly during much of the year and especially on weekdays of non-peak periods.

Because it's the busiest time of the year, of course it's going to be packed. Next week the park will be dead by 4 and closed by 7. That's the problem and point of the thread. There's not enough to do at Uni at night that isn't ride based.

Uni is a ride-heavy park, meaning everything can be done very quickly during much of the year and especially on weekdays of non-peak periods.

There's quite literally the same amount to do at USF at night as the other 3 Disney parks besides MK. And DAK and IoA have the same amount to do at night. It is what it is. If they were worried about it, they'd have another night show in IoA by now.

There's quite literally the same amount to do at USF at night as the other 3 Disney parks besides MK. And DAK and IoA have the same amount to do at night. It is what it is. If they were worried about it, they'd have another night show in IoA by now.
When did USF get 2 (soon to be 3) nighttime shows?

I don't know why you defend them so heavily when it's such an apparent issue at the resort. UOR is a great resort, but it's a rides park. I can do both parks in 2 days and be perfectly happy and have done everything. I've done it before and I'm sure I'll do it again.

When did USF get 2 (soon to be 3) nighttime shows? .

Nighttime shows at DHS: 1
Nighttime shows at Epcot: 1
Nighttime shows at DAK: 0 (1 in 2015/16)
Nighttime shows at USF: 1

Last time I checked 1 = 1, giving USF the same number of nighttime shows as 3 of Disney's parks. But maybe my math is bad.

I don't know why you defend them so heavily when it's such an apparent issue at the resort. UOR is a great resort, but it's a rides park. I can do both parks in 2 days and be perfectly happy and have done everything. I've done it before and I'm sure I'll do it again.

I'm not defending. I'd love a new IoA nightshow. But clearly it isn't a business priority, and clearly IoA emptying out at 5 PM doesn't bother the decision makers. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. There are more important things to worry my pretty little head over.

UOR's attendance is the highest it's ever been. We're getting significant new attractions left and right. I'll worry when both of those stop. I really don't care when other guests decide it's time to leave the park.

this was a great thread until it goes back to what it always goes back to Disney vs Universal
seems both resorts are probably happy with their crowds this past week

update: Orlando park news tweeted that EPCOT is definitely the park to avoid today even more so than MK

Last edited:
Nighttime shows at DHS: 1
Nighttime shows at Epcot: 1
Nighttime shows at DAK: 0 (1 in 2015/16)
Nighttime shows at USF: 1

Last time I checked 1 = 1, giving USF the same number of nighttime shows as 3 of Disney's parks. But maybe my math is bad.
I took what you said as USF = all of what was in the other parks

I'm not defending. I'd love a new IoA nightshow. But clearly it isn't a business priority, and clearly IoA emptying out at 5 PM doesn't bother the decision makers. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. There are more important things to worry my pretty little head over.

UOR's attendance is the highest it's ever been. We're getting significant new attractions left and right. I'll worry when both of those stop. I really don't care when other guests decide it's time to leave the park.
You're trying to deflect flaws. Just because UOR is seeing it's highest attendance doesn't mean everything is perfect. They still have a long damn way to go. Obviously they're on their way with the new hotel and water park, but to try and defend the parks emptying out at 5 as you just did and to say in another post something about how Comcast doesn't see IOA needing a nighttime show (or its not a priority) so it's not ok? That's defending a weakness that needs to be addressed.

I don't lose one ounce of sleep over this, but I find it funny that you'll defend IOA and USF being less than full day parks, yet if we were talking about DAK, you'd be ripping the park to shreds.

SeaWorld is better than all y'alls parks and stuff! It be so crowded at SeaWorld right now injured animals can't even get in! :horse:

this was a great thread until it goes back to what it always goes back to Disney vs Universal
seems both resorts are probably happy with their crowds this past week

update: Orlando park news tweeted that EPCOT is definitely the park to avoid today even more so than MK
Agreed so I'll stop and try and get the thread back on track...

And yeah Epcot always is. It's a yearly callback to the PI days for many.

Any pics of Universal today? They're really only doing the EVE event at Citywalk (which is a n up charge) this year rather than the special cinematic spectacular..

You're trying to deflect flaws. Just because UOR is seeing it's highest attendance doesn't mean everything is perfect. They still have a long damn way to go. Obviously they're on their way with the new hotel and water park, but to try and defend the parks emptying out at 5 as you just did and to say in another post something about how Comcast doesn't see IOA needing a nighttime show (or its not a priority) so it's not ok? That's defending a weakness that needs to be addressed.

I don't lose one ounce of sleep over this, but I find it funny that you'll defend IOA and USF being less than full day parks, yet if we were talking about DAK, you'd be ripping the park to shreds.

I'm not trying to deflect anything. I just don't really care. It is what it is.

And to say USF isn't a full day park is ludicrous, but whatever. I've also said on numerous occasions that IoA isn't. But continue with that conformation bias. It looks good on you.

I quite like DAK. It's the second best WDW park. :shrug:

That definitely leads to an interesting pair of question. What park do you want to be at today? vs What park do you want to ring in the New Year at? Orlando Parks is probably right that the MK is the better park than Epcot to be at today. I've never been to the MK NYE but I have been to EPCOT and I can say the have their act together at night. It is a great park to ring in the New Year at. It was crowded but I never felt crushed and unable to move like I have at time at the MK when it not NYE.

For me, I think the plan for today would be spend the day at DAK then hop over to EPCOT mid afternoon (with FP+'s in hand) for the New Year Eve Party.

It's a continuation of an off-topic conversation on the waterpark thread. Figured it was better to continue that discussion in a new thread rather than that one :shrug:

Also until a certain someone came in and started being confrontational…seems like a common theme with him

- - - Updated - - -

I'll worry when both of those stop. I really don't care when other guests decide it's time to leave the park.

The fact that the word "worry" can be used in a board about theme parks…I just can't wrap my head around it :lol:

In any case…yes, all of the Orlando parks are booming this season, even SeaWorld who was in a considerable slump. It's still been interesting to hear everyone's opinions and theory about the crowds. Sucks that a couple know-it-alls have to come in and belittle the whole point of the topic.

I'm not trying to deflect anything. I just don't really care. It is what it is.

And to say USF isn't a full day park is ludicrous, but whatever. I've also said on numerous occasions that IoA isn't. But continue with that conformation bias. It looks good on you.

I quite like DAK. It's the second best WDW park. :shrug:
I want to keep this thread on track, so I don't want to get too far off-track. I would like to say though that I have no bias. I love both WDW and Uni. Even with all that Uni has added and WDW has lagged behind in recent years, there's just more to do at night, not just big nighttime spectacles, but overall entertainment to pass the time.

And USF can be a full day park I agree. Diagon added a lot in the way of expanding the day, but if someone isn't a Potter fan, then it doesn't expand your day by that much. That's not me putting down the expansion, that's just me being realistic. If you aren't a Potter fan, you likely will just do HE, Gringotts, go through a few of the store and *maybe* check out a show. The real extension is appreciating everything that went into the land or the interactive wand thing, having a meal at The Leaky Cauldron, that type of stuff.

So yes, if one properly sees DA, USF is potentially MORE than a full day. But if not, it can likely be done in less than a day.

Yes, I don't think any of us are "worried" about any of this. And if anyone is, I'm slightly worried for them. I mean, after all, we're talking about theme parks of all things here. :lol:

Reactions: OrlandoGuy