What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

Their commercials come across as "ambulence-chaser-esque" tho. They seem to advertise nationally (at least I've seen identical commercials here in the Philadelphia market) and the fine print in the commercials is essentially "call our national number and we'll contact a local attorney for you and we'll take a cut of the cut."
When moved from Maine to Detroit in the nineties, I noticed that the lawyer ads on Judge Judy were the same, and had the same famous actor in them both, the only difference being the lawyer name amd phone number - I know rhe Maine one was Joe Bornstein because he just died last week. That sort of commercial franchising is common in lawyering, I guess.

I always thought it was odd, because I specifically remember the commercial was shot such that the camera cut away whenever the lawyer's name was mentioned, probably for easier editing for each market.

M&M is the largest personal injury law firm in the nation. John Morgan got into that end of the business after his brother was injured and ended up a quadriplegic. And the family was screwed over by a disreputable ambulance chaser. I worked in the main M&M building downtown for 9 years and had many conversations with him. He's a good guy with a big heart.

M&M is the largest personal injury law firm in the nation. John Morgan got into that end of the business after his brother was injured and ended up a quadriplegic. And the family was screwed over by a disreputable ambulance chaser. I worked in the main M&M building downtown for 9 years and had many conversations with him. He's a good guy with a big heart.
Lawyers start out in the hole by reputation, especially in a field like personal injury. Seems like they have to be saints to be seen as good. Bornstein for example was a fine man and a humanitarian, and he was lucky not to have lawyer jokes in his obituary.

I drove past the EU site today and there's still a bunch of infrastructure work happening.

I just can't help but wonder if Covid hadn't happened how much visible/vertical construction might have happened by now... :_:

Yeah, there's definitely a berm along much of Destination Pkwy now.

Grading and infrastructure work never really stopped. I wouldn't be surprised to see the initial buildout of the warehouses and support buildings along Sand Lake Road happen soon, even if EU is still delayed. I believe they were as much support for the current property as for EU.

Thanks for the clarification!

I don’t know why, but permits for buildings at Epic Universe keep pouring in. Two for Super Nintendo World were filed just a few days ago. I attempted to request public records, but was denied. They were for Yoshi and Donkey Kong’s building numbers.

EDIT: Correction, Nintendo permits were posted last month, but were only recently reviewed.

DOUBLE EDIT: Here's some images. But I think we should hold off celebrating until fees are paid for these big permits, and not just the small temporary work permits.

B1315-fees.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t know why, but permits for buildings at Epic Universe keep pouring in. Two for Super Nintendo World were filed just a few days ago. I attempted to request public records, but was denied. They were for Yoshi and Donkey Kong’s building numbers.
Well isn’t that delightful to hear

EDIT: Correction, Nintendo permits were posted last month, but were only recently reviewed.

DOUBLE EDIT: Here's some images. But I think we should hold off celebrating until fees are paid for these big permits, and not just the small temporary work permits.

View attachment 13642

Which God do I have to pray to to make this park happen intact from its original design?