Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 490 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we going to be in a huge world of surprise once this park opens. I also think the worlds may be one of 2 e-tickets but we are going to get an abundance of flat rides and other things to do based on what Comcast is doing at the other parks (Japan adding 12 shows in the next five months, Universal Beijing park seems to be plussing the lands and added more flats and playgrounds).

What are the chances of a Waterworld mini-land similar to Beijing coming to the 4th gate as one of the "worlds"? From what I've read, the show would be too loud to conduct at the current resort due to residential areas, but the Lockheed Martin site doesn't seem to have that issue.

You probably should delete that image...that was from a confidential video mainly for investors and Chinese government officials. I know others who posted it had to delete theirs. As it will Waterworld come, I think its probably the lowest level priority to appear because that attraction takes up a lot of space and maintenance cost is quite a bit despite the super high guest satisfaction rate it gets worldwide. I think if it did come we would end up losing something else like UCM which most people here would prefer more.

Reactions: Dhdhddh and HPFred
Tell me where I can find an official statement that the fourth park will have 4 themed worlds. I don’t see why it won’t hurt to say their could be a 5th world or 6th. Again getting news from screamscape like you said is unreliable. Things can change that’s what Lance Hart told me. And nothing is known at this point. CEO Dennis Spiegel did say in a article that a new park would be announced within 18 months. This goes back to 2017....and Universal will invest in new rides over the next 5 years. Now that sounds accurate. I think Dennis knows a bit more than we do. Read the article yourself over at Orlando Business Journal if your familiar with it.

Tell me where I can find an official statement that the fourth park will have 4 themed worlds. I don’t see why it won’t hurt to say their could be a 5th world or 6th. Again getting news from screamscape like you said is unreliable. Things can change that’s what Lance Hart told me. And nothing is known at this point. CEO Dennis Spiegel did say in a article that a new park would be announced within 18 months. This goes back to 2017....and Universal will invest in new rides over the next 5 years. Now that sounds accurate. I think Dennis knows a bit more than we do. Read the article yourself over at Orlando Business Journal if your familiar with it.

As the mods and @Brian G. have said this is the thread for BLUE SKY ideas. Nothing is confirmed and everything is ideas and concepts.

I'm losing confidence in the list of 4 rumored IP's for Fantastic Worlds.

Universal loves clones. Yet only 1 of the 4 (Nintendo) would be a clone. It just doesn't feel right.

Universal loves clones. Yet only 1 of the 4 (Nintendo) would be a clone. It just doesn't feel right.
If anything’s getting cloned, perhaps it’ll be something new that’ll be introduced in Beijing. We already got all the good stuff in Orlando at the existing two parks.

Except basically everything will already have been cloned to UOR. There’s nothing *to clone* outside of Nintendo. Which is a good thing.

If anything’s getting cloned, perhaps it’ll be something new that’ll be introduced in Beijing. We already got all the good stuff in Orlando at the existing two parks.

Even most of Beijing is just Clones from elsewhere. The only new stuff is JW (going into IoA in Orlando) and Kung Fu Panda which seemingly has an exclusivity deal. Hell JW might have the same, which is why they’re redoing the IoA land instead of putting it in he new park

I mean, Nintendo would also have the chance to be the best of the initial three out of the gate, considering the potential of DK showing up as opposed to Osaka only getting Mario & Yoshi, and Hollywood only getting Mario at the start.

Not to mention, everything else seems like it'll be brand new in the form of completely different experiences and attractions, especially in the case of Monsters and Fantastic Beasts.

Reactions: therock and Mike S
Even most of Beijing is just Clones from elsewhere. The only new stuff is JW (going into IoA in Orlando) and Kung Fu Panda which seemingly has an exclusivity deal. Hell JW might have the same, which is why they’re redoing the IoA land instead of putting it in he new park

Are we sure that KFP has exclusivity? And if so does it cover everything KFP related?
We still don't know for sure that IoA is getting converted to JW, and Beijing will have two new rides that could be candidates for cloning if not.
There is also a greatly expanded minions land that could theoretically be cloned.

Not to mention, everything else seems like it'll be brand new in the form of completely different experiences and attractions, especially in the case of Monsters and Fantastic Beasts.

It doesn't seem that way to me.
Cloning JW from Beijing would be far more typical of Universal than designing a whole new FB land, and possibly more successful too.

IoA was mostly not clones. They do need to build things for the first time in order to be able to clone them. There are a few things elsewhere we don't have here, but this is a new park and it needs plenty of new experiences. Also keep in mind after this park opens they'll need to go back and continue revitalizing the existing parks.

Reactions: HPFred

But most of the new stuff won't be until park 2,3, and 4 of Universal Bejing Resort

Are we sure that KFP has exclusivity? And if so does it cover everything KFP related?
We still don't know for sure that IoA is getting converted to JW, and Beijing will have two new rides that could be candidates for cloning if not.
There is also a greatly expanded minions land that could theoretically be cloned.

It doesn't seem that way to me.
Cloning JW from Beijing would be far more typical of Universal than designing a whole new FB land, and possibly more successful too.

Kung Fu Panda exclusivity came directly for Chinese government officials which Universal won't screw over just to put a land in a 4th park. Universal also needs to develop new stuff to be able to clone.

As for minions, what being added are more flats and play areas essentially.

Reactions: HPFred and natespf
IoA was mostly not clones. They do need to build things for the first time in order to be able to clone them. There are a few things elsewhere we don't have here, but this is a new park and it needs plenty of new experiences. Also keep in mind after this park opens they'll need to go back and continue revitalizing the existing parks.

I don’t think IOA had any clones when it opened besides JPRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.