Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see a new indoor concert hall, to accommodate live bands. But. That would be what questions me in terms of the popularity that it could do. It could also lose space that the park may need (ie, Gibson from Hollywood).

Anythings possible, but I cannot see a parade outside the park; as it makes zero sense.

Wouldn't this kind of conflict with Hard Rock and the Music Plaza Stage in the Studios?

I was thinking about that stage the other night, I think it would be interesting if they used it as a night time event with holograms. Something different from the usual fireworks and night time shows.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Wouldn't this kind of conflict with Hard Rock and the Music Plaza Stage in the Studios?

True. If there'd be a reason that it'd make sense to me, its for the convention goers, seeking some form of live entertainment closer to the OCCC. It could also pose as a venue for panels that the OCCC could possibly not handle.

As said, anything is possible as it'd benefit the Convention Center in some retrospect.

Reactions: Scott W.
True. If there'd be a reason that it'd make sense to me, its for the convention goers, seeking some form of live entertainment closer to the OCCC. It could also pose as a venue for panels that the OCCC could possibly not handle.

As said, anything is possible as it'd benefit the Convention Center in some retrospect.

Being so close to OCCC makes me think that putting a second type of CityWalk in WnW would be a waste of money and resources when there's such a large group of people with money to spend so close to the new land. Although this really depends on how transport is handled between the resorts.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yeah, it makes sense to name it something else to avoid confusion. By concept do you just mean different name and theme, or are you talking more than that?

But having an entertainment district with shops, restaurants and entertainment across the street from all those conventioneers is going to happen.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I hope they call it VillageWalk. Unlike CityWalk it has a more village atmoshphere like in europe where they have restaurants, bars and shops around a nice square with terraces and trees.

I like it.

I also like BoardWalk but Disney already have that. I thought recreating a pier type atmosphere on the Wet n Wild lake would be a nice touch.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I hope they call it VillageWalk. Unlike CityWalk it has a more village atmoshphere like in europe where they have restaurants, bars and shops around a nice square with terraces and trees.

There is already so many European elements in Central Florida it wouldn't be as unique and if they add any medieval IP for the new park, you would have already have that village feel. I do like the terrace and trees idea though which gave me pause and why not a marketplace in a botanical garden like environment.

1. For Christmas it would pretty much become the place to be with all the Xmas lights since Disney got rid of Osbourne lights.

2. It definitely would be intimate, taking your significant other out for dinner and walking through the gardens at night...the path lit by tiny lanterns, the stars on full blast.

3. Now you also can have diversity in the shop buildings that relate to the landscape around them, you could have Japanese temples, you could have log cabin, you can have European village, you can African/middle eastern, heck now you could have Greek without anything not fitting as long as you put the correct landscape plants nearby.

4. Like most botanical gardens things, now Comcast will be able to hold festivals throughout the year without making it an in park event which thus will bring more people to shop/eat/and enjoy time. Cherry Blossom Festival, Flowers Of Greece Festival, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'm sorry if I missed this, but what surrounding land does Universal own that isn't taken up by the current parks, City Walk, the resorts or Volcano Bay? I heard that they recently purchased land, but I'm not sure where and exactly how much.

I'm sorry if I missed this, but what surrounding land does Universal own that isn't taken up by the current parks, City Walk, the resorts or Volcano Bay? I heard that they recently purchased land, but I'm not sure where and exactly how much.

Comcast purchased over 475 acres of land south of their WNW plot and north of the OCCC.

And in that, it was land previously owned by them but was lost I believe during the Vivideni times. But, I believe that there is more land that they lost, but I can be wrong with that.

There is already so much European elements in Central Florida it wouldn't be as unique and if they add any medieval IP for the new park, you would have already have that village feel. I do like the terrace and trees idea though which gave me pause and why not a marketplace in a botanical garden like environment.

1. For Christmas it would pretty much become the park to be with all the Xmas lights since Disney Got rid of Osbourne lights.

2. It definitely would be intimate, taking your significant other out for dinner and walking through the gardens at night...the path lit by tiny lanterns, the stars on full blast.

3. Now you also can have diversity in the shop buildings that relate to the landscape around them, you could have japanese temples, you could have log cabin, you can have european village, you can african/midde eastern, heck now you could have greek without anything not fitting as long as you put the correct landscape plants nearby.

4. Like most botanical gardens things, now Comcast will be able to hold festivals throughout the year without making it an in park event which thus will bring more people to shop/eat/and enjoy time. Cherry Blossom Festival, Flowers Of Greece Festival, etc.

Now THAT is a great idea.

I still wonder if when the new park and CityWalk and hotels and everything opens, if they'll come up with a new logo and maybe a new name for the whole Universal complex.

There is already so many European elements in Central Florida it wouldn't be as unique and if they add any medieval IP for the new park, you would have already have that village feel. I do like the terrace and trees idea though which gave me pause and why not a marketplace in a botanical garden like environment.

1. For Christmas it would pretty much become the place to be with all the Xmas lights since Disney got rid of Osbourne lights.

3. Now you also can have diversity in the shop buildings that relate to the landscape around them, you could have Japanese temples, you could have log cabin, you can have European village, you can African/middle eastern, heck now you could have Greek without anything not fitting as long as you put the correct landscape plants nearby.

They should just build Busch Gardens Williamsburg, only in Orlando and with a gigantic budget, haha.

They should just build Busch Gardens Williamsburg, only in Orlando and with a gigantic budget, haha.

Hahahahaa no. I live 10 minutes from that park and use to go every other day during the summer which may be in turn why I don't like the village look as I've seen it too much already.

In the event Disney does give up Twilight Zone rights, I hope Universal picks it up and adds it to the new park with an even more intense and thrilling drop ride.

That's almost never going to happen... And if by some twist of ungodly fate it did, and Universal got the rights, they would never build an attraction similar to the Disney attraction that came before.

Status
Not open for further replies.