Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the WoW rumors dead? I know the movie was essentially a flop in North America, but the game is still pretty popular. Maybe this could be the stand-in for a Lord of the Rings fantasy-action area? And it has “World” in its name.

I don't think it was ever a legitimate plan. HTTYD will be the "fantasy" land for the park.

Hmmm interesting. Figured Po would be a must over Shrek.

Not when your new Chinese park has an exclusivity claim over it for a while. Seems like maybe that's the case? I dunno. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was slated to be the first big expansion of the park once that period is up.

As it stands, the only place I assume we'll see KFP in the near future is the DreamWorks theater taking over Shrek in USF

Not when your new Chinese park has an exclusivity claim over it for a while. Seems like maybe that's the case? I dunno. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was slated to be the first big expansion of the park once that period is up.

As it stands, the only place I assume we'll see KFP in the near future is the DreamWorks theater taking over Shrek in USF
And then a "Shrek's Swamp" flume ride moves to Far Far Away...

Personally I'm happy there is no Potter hotel. it would be small and ludicrously expensive. I'm good with limiting such exclusionary practices.
Not to dredge this up again, but Universal seems like they’re building more value-friendly hotels first (Cabana Bay, Aventura, Endless Summer, etc). I’m sure they will get around to higher-priced hospitality one day, but I think they’re going to let Disney do the legwork on the Star Wars Hotel first, and see if that’s a success, or if that whole venture is ill-conceived.

I’ve worked in hotels, and people usually want clean and modern rooms at a fair price. And operators want to build once, and have that building operate as a cash cow for years to come. Added story elements, extra “in-universe” training for staff, streetmosphere/live entertainment, immersive screen-based windows, custom details, etc... that all goes against the grain of the current resort hotel model, and while Star Wars might be able to disrupt it, we still won’t know if that immersion works or is justified by the price for some time.

1x Family coaster ala Hagrid's (HTTYD)
2x Kuka Arm dark ride (Classic Monsters, DK)
3x Major dark rides (MK, Fantastic Beasts, Shrek)
1x Boat/Water rides (Trolls)
1x Omnimover (Yoshi)
2x Advanced flat rides (HTTYD, Nintendo or Monsters)
2x Classic flat rides (Shrek, Trolls)
1x Kiddy Coaster (Shrek)
1x Nighttime show
2x Regular shows (HTTYD, FB)
3x Play Areas (Trolls, Mario, DK)
1x Walkthrough (Classic Monsters)

A night time show would be great. This is something Universal has always lacked as a greate finale to your day in the parks.

Are Universal free to use fireworks at this location?

Hmmm interesting. Figured Po would be a must over Shrek.

Puss in Boots 2 and Shrek 5 are coming before a reboot of KFP. Also KFP televisions show didn't track so well. Whereas Puss in Boots was a hit for Netflix.

This is also part of why Shrek is more likely to come in addition to the exclusive deal Beijing has

A night time show would be great. This is something Universal has always lacked as a greate finale to your day in the parks.

Are Universal free to use fireworks at this location?

I doubt it. There are a ton of apartments in the area, so I wouldn't hold my breath. But Cinematic Celebration has a pretty strong use of fireworks, so I'd imagine something similar could be possible

Let me just get this straight we are all just speculating and making good guesses as to what’s going to possibly be at the fourth gate. 4 worlds is just a prediction. Universal hasn’t openly said to the public that their will be 4 worlds it’s just a strong rumor. No where when we search for an official count for themed worlds at a new Universal Orlando park it doesn’t say this park will include 4 worlds. So the number could increase but Universal has to come out and say it. You guys don’t have any 100% proof their will be 4 worlds. I just emailed screamscape and lance hart said nothing is known at this point things could change. Maybe we should all agree with him. He has experience he’s been in the theme park game for a long time.

Let me just get this straight we are all just speculating and making good guesses as to what’s going to possibly be at the fourth gate. 4 worlds is just a prediction. Universal hasn’t openly said to the public that their will be 4 worlds it’s just a strong rumor. No where when we search for an official count for themed worlds at a new Universal Orlando park it doesn’t say this park will include 4 worlds. So the number could increase but Universal has to come out and say it. You guys don’t have any 100% proof their will be 4 worlds. I just emailed screamscape and lance hart said nothing is known at this point things could change. Maybe we should all agree with him. He has experience he’s been in the theme park game for a long time.

The rumors are of 4 worlds, it isn't a prediction.

Also, would you really doubt people who have been reliable with what they have said in the past? Really?

This is the blue sky thread, I'm having a hard time understanding the issue?

There's good reason you rarely see Screamscape quoted on these pages.

I mean, Universal hasn’t said anything about there even being a new park, yet alone what worlds nor what could be in them.

Like @AlexanderMBush said above, there’s plenty of people here with a proven track record and have been kind enough to share.

This thread is all pure speculation. And if you’re using screamscape as your reliable source you’re gonna have a bad time.

Status
Not open for further replies.