Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be interested in adding VB to my seasonal pass, but I would hope that I could get a discount on a one day VB ticket so I can experience it from time to time. Half price would be ideal.

An annual pass to Blizzard Beach AND Typhoon Lagoon cost $115 and Universal wants to charge $105 for a single day at Volcano Bay? o_O
I would guess the add on of VB to a Premier level Universal AP (if they go the with & without VB route on AP's) would be in that cost vicinity, not much more. Just surmising though. ....I'm guessing they won't offer a VB annual pass on it's own unless they end up having attendance issues down the line. If they do, it won't be cheap since they don't want the Wet & Wild demographic.

Again, every water park (except Blizzard) has tried this. Typhoon, Aquatica, WnW, even Water Mania back in the day. It was incredible at Aquatica--friends and I had an entire wave pool to ourselves. But the general public never goes for it. Those crowds still sitting on the curb every night waiting for DEP? They illustrate how hard it is to shift guest expectations. And guests don't go to water parks at night.

I get this, well, we no longer have many water parks around me, so I did not know others in Orlando have tried.

But UNI will have a ton of guest with easy access to the park. With the shows planned at night, it's a draw built in from day one. I live in FL and don't need a day in the sun. From what I've seen of VB, it seems like it will be on the thrilling side and evening hours would add to the thrill.

I know this is only a desire for me as it is something I would enjoy, but like others have said, I would probably only go to a water park maybe once a year and it would be nice for an after four break on a one day ticket as well as having the park stay open late.

We stay on site ever trip these days so I know how convenient everything is, I just think there could be enough interest just from hotel guest that would keep the park successful (if priced right)....but I have no clue, but it is what I am interested in...I mean seeing if they even try to push this park/keep it open later than other water parks in the area.

Again, every water park (except Blizzard) has tried this. Typhoon, Aquatica, WnW, even Water Mania back in the day. It was incredible at Aquatica--friends and I had an entire wave pool to ourselves. But the general public never goes for it. Those crowds still sitting on the curb every night waiting for DEP? They illustrate how hard it is to shift guest expectations. And guests don't go to water parks at night.
Well, none of those Water parks were immediately accessible to about 3000 + hotel rooms by foot. That makes a difference. And you increase guest interactions then maybe just maybe people will buy this as a night park and stay longer.

Well, none of those Water parks were immediately accessible to about 3000 + hotel rooms by foot. That makes a difference. And you increase guest interactions then maybe just maybe people will buy this as a night park and stay longer.

Cabana Bay had people in the pool every night until closing. Granted they had a movie showing but it shows people are at least willing to go night swimming if they have easy access to their room.

Disney just took the water parks option off of their Magic Your Way tickets (effective Sunday)
I think they just eliminated "water fun & more" standalone option. If I'm understanding it right.
Disney increasing park ticket prices, spokeswoman says

Guests will save $20 on 3-Day to 10-Day Magic Your Way tickets when purchased in advance online, by phone or mobile app.

Annual Pass prices are also increasing between $10-$30, with the Silver Pass now priced at $419, the Gold Pass at $559 and the Platinum Pass at $679, Disney said.

Disney is also eliminating the “water park fun and more” standalone option, which had combined admission to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon with a golfing outing or a visit to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney officials said. Visitors can still get the combo with a park hopper ticket.

I understand we're not talking about milk and bread here but a one day ticket should cost as much as my monthly satellite/internet bill. Theme parks are a luxury to a certain amount, the issue I have is we then get into "let's price this to a level where those who can afford it demand more and those who would love to go can't afford it."

My monthly satellite/internet bill is way more than a 1-day 1-park. :lol:

i may be late on this so i apologize
are these stairs permanent?

It's certainly not for construction as they would have just the scaffolding. They don't seem to lead any where though although it does seem to end on a platform.

Here's the enlarged image:

C4anzebUYAA1oUj.jpg

If I was to venture a guess, I'd say this is the platform for the slide with the drop at the end.

Its a terrible screen grab honestly- and extremely misleading.

First- it includes express passes- so it adds the cost of the IoA and USF EP- but the EP for VB is an entirely seperate thing and it's own upcharge.

Secondly- that "$219" price it is showing is for a single day Parkhopper w/ Express for a non-FL resident . Whereas the "$439" is for two days with all 3 parks and express at all 3.

So looking at it apples to apples-
A 2 Day Park Hopper for the 2 parks with express pass is $359/adult
A 2 Day Park Hopper for the 3 parks with express only at USF and IoA. is $399/adult

So it's a whopping $40.

No biggie.

No- it's not. ;)

If it's only for 2 days, yes it is. That's less than 1 day per park. $439 for 1 theme park ticket that only lasts 2 days? Yes that's pricey. That's almost the price of a premier annual pass. It's more than my preferred annual pass. That also sounds like it's more than a 4 day Disney ticket. Or at least 3 days with park hopper over at the mouse with 4 theme parks. You're just comparing it to if you break it down into all the individual express passes plus tickets.

That actually may be pretty savvy this year. Disney can then advertise that their park hopping tickets include 2 water parks, versus paying extra for VB.
Maybe I read this wrong. It sounds like you can only get the Water Parks and More option if you get a park hopper too.

I just went on Disney World's website and you can order Water Parks and more as an option still.

Typhoon Lagoon was designed to have night hours so it has the right lighting.

I've done the typhoon lagoon DVC party twice and they are awesome! I don't remember if it went to 12, 12:30, or 1am- but they were so fun at night. It's lit up plenty. The slide stairs are a hair dark with just some small lights at each step base but the wave pool, lazy river, etc are lit up great. And the sand/beach is just moderate. It really couldn't be illuminated any better. Darker in the right places and brighter in the right places.

If it's only for 2 days, yes it is. That's less than 1 day per park. $439 for 1 theme park ticket that only lasts 2 days? Yes that's pricey. That's almost the price of a premier annual pass. It's more than my preferred annual pass. That also sounds like it's more than a 4 day Disney ticket. Or at least 3 days with park hopper over at the mouse with 4 theme parks. You're just comparing it to if you break it down into all the individual express passes plus tickets.

Why are you so fixated on prices that include express passes at all 3 parks? You realize that those won't be sold nearly as often as normal tickets- right? Just look at prices without express passes. If you want to say those are still expensive, that's fine. But constantly bringing up the tickets with included express passes isn't representative to compare to any other resort such as WDW or an annual pass at Uni as neither of those include EPs.
Next you can bring up Uni VIP experiences and say how expensive those are vs an annual pass at WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.